“Best Indian food in town”

Gian's Indian Cuisine
Ranked #19 of 345 Restaurants in Abbotsford
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I've tried every Indian place I'm Abbotsford and the surrounding towns; nothing else holds a candle to Gian's. They have an amazing lunch buffet every day, which I usually have once a week. Buffet food is usually junk...all stale bread, deep fry batter and second rate vegetables. Not here. It's fantastic.

Dinner is served differently but is delicious and fresh. I've almost tried everything on the menu now except for a few of the prawn dishes. Portions are big enough that my wife and I often share a meal together, in which case it's truly inexpensive as well.

Even when they're running off their feet busy, they are always super friendly and provide good service. Unlike some other local places, they don't have poor attitude towards people of different ethnicities.

The restaurant is an older building that isn't much to look at. Forget about that. The food is why you're there anyways.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I have always used take out, but the staff has always been super friendly and the food is incredible!!!!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

There is no shortage of Indian food in Abbotsford. But this is my favorite place (and I am Indian). The food is authentic, well-prepared and downright delicious. The staff is courteous and quick. I usually get takeout (or attend weddings/events where they cater) and each time, it's been excellent.

My favorite is "dinner C" with butter chicken; when they cater, they have more unique options like paneer-stuffed naan which is SO good.

On a different note, Nav's Sweets in Abbotsford has the better chai. It is to die for.

1  Thank Shiv G
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This is by far the best Indian food we have had in Abbotsford. Fresh, tasty, good portions, service very attentive but not overboard. Nice ambience. First time at Gians will definitely return frequently.

2  Thank Elynn M