“THE BRITISH EXPERIENCE WITH MY SEAHAWK FRIEND BRIAN” 5 of 5 bubbles

Clayburn Village
Ranked #2 of 57 things to do in Abbotsford
Mission, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“THE BRITISH EXPERIENCE WITH MY SEAHAWK FRIEND BRIAN”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

My wife and i decided to drop by for lunch and we had the soup and the traditional ploughman's lunch and being english myself brought back some fond memories of jolly ole england needless to say the ploughman's lunch was fantastic and for the soup we had the special of the day witch was the leek and potato soup it was outstanding i must ask brian to ask his lovely wife for the recipe ? anyway i would like to thank Brian for helping me out with his great blends of hawaiian coffees he was so helpful and informative he really new his stuff. I must warn you Brian loves to chat and his wife tells me that once he starts he can't stop lol but i was so impressed with this guy he even gave me and my wife sandy a free bag of his candied popcorn . Brian is also a big Seahawk fan like myself and also a canucks fan in fact his popcorn has all the colors of the canucks jersey but when he gave me the big bag of corn he said to me gary the next time you come into the store check out my popcorn instead of the kettle corn saying canuck kettle corn it will be labled as Seahawk kettle corn now there's a true Seahawk fan . And finally i would just like to say to Brian and his lovely wife thank you so much for your kind and generous hospitality ,i would recomend to anyone that loves traditional british food and there wonderful variety of candies to most definitely try this historic little store out my wife sandy and i will be definitely be making a return visit and i will passing my okay to all of my friends and family . Thank Brian for your great hospitality and your great food all the best from gary and sandy jeffrey PS make sure you have that maui coffee for me when i visit you again in the coming months lol

Visited February 2014
1 Thank 642SEAHAWKS

• Korean first
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Going back in time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Great little place to have a nice lunch. They have kept the decor to the era the store was first built. They have great desserts and hard to find candies. I love the in store cats.

Visited December 2013
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 122 helpful votes
“A little slice of Jolly Ole”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

This place is a little gem, tucked away in a quiet, old section of Abby (well, Clayburn!). The tea room has delicious sandwiches, scones, treats (best sticky toffee pudding outside of England), and cheese plates. The tea is authentic and hot. The attached candy store will thrill kids and adults alike, and there is also a gift section with food items for sale. My only complaint? The owners sometimes shut down for an entire month so they can go to the UK to restock. Of course they have to do this, so I say it tongue in cheek, but I sure wish they'd find a way to be open year round, because there's little else in Abby that can take its place, even in the short run. Pip pip!

Visited July 2013
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“English Tea House”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is a step back in time to an English sweet shop/tea room, great food, ambiance and staff, lots to look at, outside seating in good weather. Monday's they are usually closed. Certain times of the year they go back to England in search of new treats and more stock. Check them out on line as for opening times and closed for holidays.

Visited July 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quaint Little Place is Clayburn Village Store.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Clayburn Store is a quaint little general store where you can have lunch or purchase goodies. You step back in time when you step through these doors.
Lunch being Devonshire tea, scones with whipped cream and jam, Cornish pasties, soup, club sandwiches, etc. Very English. You can buy cheeses, jams, sweets (candy) etc.
This is the only store here and the village is all the quaint old houses near it,
so I will give this as Excellent for service, food and atmosphere. You have about five steps to go up to get into the store, not sure if there is a back door for wheelchairs, could phone ahead. 604 853 4020 for hours.

Visited December 2012