“A little gem, in an unlikely place! Our new favorite stop-over hotel!”

Coast Abbotsford Hotel & Suites
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Abbotsford
Reviewed August 15, 2014

The Basics:
**EASY on and off the highway (maybe 5 minutes max) with no crazy exits or confusing turns, yet tucked up so you don't hear highway noise!!!
**convenient location to a wide range of restaurants (even Boston Pizza was open at 11:30 when we pulled in and needed supper)
**everything you want or need in the room, clean and comfortable. Yes, its not a super fancy downtown Vancouver hotel where every fixture and furnishing in your room costs thousands of dollars (and for $120/night I wouldn't expect that), however.... its Abbotsford, not downtown Vancouver. They can offer the same amenities, the same quality stay, for half the price. Yet, they don't skimp on customer service!

The Full Story:
Travelling from Vancouver Island to the mainland on a late night ferry on a busy August weekend, we wanted some place to stay in the lower mainland for the night as we had a long drive the next day. There were only a handful of hotels available (anywhere from $80-$400/night) and our favorite (the HI North Vancouver) was booked solid and only had a $250 suite available. Being that we would be getting in late ~11pm and leaving before 9am in the morning, this was not good value in our opinion.
So, we looked farther east and found the Coast Abbotsford had rooms available online. Being a busy weekend, and a day ahead, I called just to make sure there were rooms available. The rates were just as advertized online, and I was able to make a quick reservation with a pleasant front-desk lady (no call centre! yay!).
As usual, the ferry was late, so I called on the ferry to confirm everything was in order. The night front desk attendant cheerfully re-assured me that they don't give out reserved rooms even if you're coming late, and that everything was good to go (This has happened to me before with different hotels).
We ended up with a room upgrade, because someone else needed a king room with a sofa bed! The room was spacious and very clean, the bed surprisingly comfortable, and lovely blackout drapes that blocked out most of the outside light. In the morning, I had a shower and found that the water pressure seemed very low. After we left, I commented on this in the survey I was emailed. Today, I received an email from the general manager explaining the actions he had taken to deal with the shower! Great customer service! I'm sure this will be our new favorite hotel for trips into Vancouver.

Room Tip: top floor suites have extra high ceilings!
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Front lobby decor, rooms, bathroom were slightly above average in my opinion. Fast free wifi. Convenient location next to many dining options from A&W to Milestones. Was very quiet probably because we were in only 1 of 2 rooms being occupied at the time. Front staff friendly and efficient. Continental breakfast adequate. The Four Seasons this is not but it is clean, comfortable, and reliable accommodation.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank canuck2s
Reviewed July 8, 2014

My wife and I have stayed here a couple of days a year for the last five or six years largely because of its location (within two blocks of the Trans Canada Highway and ten minutes from friends and relatives). It is not a destination in of itself and it lacks a restaurant, although there are a couple nearby. The front desk staff are friendly and helpful, offering cookies and discounts for those nearby restaurants and the rooms are quiet, clean and comfortable. It's hard to beat handy.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back are quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I find Coast Hotels hit or miss. Sometimes they give a luxury experience and sometimes they're just average...this one is in the average group. From lobby to room cleanliness all just average. So if it's just a bed you need this place is as good as any.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I stayed at the CHA for business. It is in a very central location and I felt safe and comfortable. The rooms are very clean, the beds are excellent and the staff is very helpful. The excellent cookies on the desk each night are a lovely touch.
My disappointment was they had advertised breakfast on their website. I try to eat healthy food when I travel and look for yogurt, hard boiled eggs, skim milk and healthy breads or cereal plus a choice of regular or decaf coffee. When you check in you see a sign that says Continental breakfast. That's your warning to go shopping. They offered croissants, mini cinnamon buns, large cake type muffins and other pastries. There was only regular coffee, a good choice of tea and instant coffee for de caffeinated. I whipped to the Save on Foods that is close to the hotel and the second morning I had healthy breakfast which set me up to be much more prepared to for a work day. They need to state that the breakfast they serve is Continental breakfast so travelers are not mislead.

Room Tip: 309 at the end of the hall was very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Col P
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Pillows are lumpy and uncomfortable enough to ruin your sleep.

Tea, coffee and orange juice. Cold croissants (and a microwave to ruin them in), muffins, small cakes and errr... that's it.

In my book, Continental breakfast should at least include toast and cereals. Not here.

Bedrooms not bad, but changing light bulbs seems to be beyond them.

It has a pool, but we didn't try it.

If you want to stay at a Coast hotel in the area, book the one in Langley. Better rooms, more extensive continental breakfast with toast, cereals and a choice of fruit juices and fresh fruit (with the option to have a cooked breakfast in the Casino restaurant for about $5 extra).

Room Tip: If you want to stay in a Coast hotel in there area, book the one in Langley instead.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank FutureCanadian
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Three of us, (husband, daughter and myself) stayed the night of the 21st Feb. The Winter Games were on in Abby. and hotel was filled up. I had made a reservation 2 weeks prior for 2 nights,.. and luckily they found us a King room with additional sofa-bed. Room was comfy and very clean. Really enjoyed the pool and hot tub in the evening. Spotless. We had planned to spend the entire weekend, however, weather report came in for heavy snow on Vancouver Island, where we live so had to cut the trip short. Even tho. I had booked for 2 nights, had no trouble getting credit cancelling the Sat. night. Only thing I would change would be perhaps, the Continental Breakfast. Would be nice to see some bread for making toast, and either fresh donuts or fresh Danish pastries. By the way the room was very quiet, being a ways from the freeway and back from the main road. Great places to eat lunch and dinner very close by.

Room Tip: Have stayed there twice now with one room on the back side and the last one on the side facing the m...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family