“Amazing Staff!”

Coast Abbotsford Hotel & Suites
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Abbotsford
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We recently stayed at the Coast Abootsford hotel and we had a great stay!. From the moment we walked in the staff greeted us with smiles. They were very accommodating. We were headed to a wedding and the were able to point us in the right direction. When we returned they remembered us by name and the fact we were there for a wedding.

The rooms were very clean and comfortable.

Having cookies for guests when they checked in as well as the lemon water was a very nice touch. The breakfast in the morning was great as well. Everything was well laid out and maintained.

A special recognition to Alec at the front desk. He was very friendly and helpful! I would recommend this hotel to others with confidence they would have a good time.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My family had multiple rooms booked here in February for a funeral. The staff were amazing and the rooms very clean and well appointed. The breakfast is a bit lacking compared to other hotels. The hotel is in a great location with many eating options within walking distance. I would not hesitate to stay here, it was great. Nice pool and hut tub as well.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank holster
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We've been very fortunate to frequent this hotel soemwhat regularly and lately with our dogs. The staff are friendly and VERY helpful. Our rooms have been clean, and the hotel is within walking distance to many restaurants. There is a grocery store next door as well.

Room Tip: I book pet rooms half the time and I have to say I have not seen a difference between a regular room...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank HappyDoodle
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed here recently on a trip through the Pacific Northwest. The hotel was clean, comfortable and well located. Our room was spacious, very clean, comfortable and quiet. We enjoyed the pool and spa and used the hotel's free WiFi. The rates were reasonable and all the standard discounts (AAA / AARP / Gov, etc) were offered with no hassles.

Right across the parking lot is a Spaghetti Factory restaurant which is very convenient for lunch or dinner.

A nice spot, tucked off the main street at that end of town with numerous restaurants and other amenities nearby.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank blangton
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Beds were comfortable, room was clean. If someone had mobility issues, there may be a problem getting in and out of the tub as it was higher up than most tubs. Our son used the pool and hot tub and exercise room but we did not check them out. Contintental breakfast included.
Several restaurants waling distance and several a few min drive away. Front desk staff were friendly. Grocery store next door.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed one night with my family in the Coast Abbotsford and did not spend a great deal of time there (really just for sleeping). I rarely write reviews, but I am writing because I was so impressed by the excellent customer service we received from Allen, the evening front desk gentleman. He was attentive, friendly and very helpful. One example of this is that we had received a short DVD the day of our stay and wanted to view it, but there are no DVD players in the rooms. Because a few others had received the same DVD and asked about DVD players, Allen took the initiative to set up a "movie theatre" in the meeting room so that we could each view it whenever we got in. He went above and beyond expectations and because of his customer service I would be quick to stay at this hotel again.

Regarding the rooms, they are in good condition with standard amenities. The beds are remarkably comfortable for hotel beds. Whereas we normally toss and turn in hotel rooms, my family and I were all asleep in minutes on these beds.

Thank you Coast for a great stay!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RLGVancouver
Reviewed May 6, 2012

The Coast "Abby" is just off the Trans Canada Highway (Hwy 1). Despite the location, there is very little traffic noise, especially in back rooms (facing a green slope - see photo). Everything you need is a short walk from the hotel: there is a grocery store and a liquor store in the strip mall next door, there are numerous fast food options close by, and there are a few decent restaurants within 2 blocks (Cactus Club, Milestones, Boston Pizza and the Old Spaghetti Factory).
This location is ideal for westbound travellers seeking a last stop before the approximately 1 hour drive into Vancouver in the morning. It is also perfect for folks needing a central location to visit the Fraser Valley. We were in town for a sports tournament and cannot imagine a more convenient location.
I was very pleased with the helpful and friendly staff I dealt with on the phone and at the hotel. In fact, one desk clerk gave my wife a band aid from a first aid kit behind the reception desk. I loved waking up to a free Saturday Globe & Mail newspaper outside our room.
We had a room with two queen beds. The room itself was a bit small (and felt smaller due to an overlarge and outdated armoire that housed a small fridge and an old tube tv). The beds, however, were in very good condition and had fresh, modern bedding. The room was spotlessly clean. The window can be opened for fresh air.
We did not use the pool but it is small. The weightroom has all the essentials. It was empty every time we passed by - there is a good chance you would get this room to yourself.
The hotel offers what they call a continental breakfast. It appears to be a bit of an afterthought. It is tucked into a corner of the lobby with no tables or dining area. Patrons can either sit on the lobby sofa to eat or pack their food with them. The breakfast included cake style Costco muffins, croissants, instant oatmeal, apples, oranges, juice, coffee and tea. Enough to get you started but not enough to keep you going until lunch.
Wifi and parking are free. For approximately $12.00 you can rent a movie on the out-dated tv in your room.
An earlier reviewer mentioned the art in the room. I include a photo so that reader can judge for themselves. If I hadn't read that review, I would not have noticed the art. I wasn't expecting boutique hotel art on the walls in this class of hotel. I think generic is what they were aiming for: mission accomplished. This is not a resort or spa, just basic accomodation for travellers and short term visitors.
All said - this hotel was clean, safe, quiet and comfortable: I would stay here again without question.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back facing away from traffic. The second floor is actually ground level at th...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family