New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersSilver level
B.c.
“Family Holidays”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

My family have been vacationing at this hotel for the past 8 years. We live in different parts of B.C., we are on Vancouver Island, a couple of families come from the interior and we meet at the Ramada in Abbotsford about 3 times a year for get-togethers. We have always been treated with respect and the staff does everything it can to make our stay as pleasant as possible. From the men and women at the front desk to the house keeping staff, all are very pleasant and accommodating.
The restaurant that is attached to the hotel is the White Spot and the food is excellent, we have never been disappointed.
The grandkids love the pool and the towels are stacked right by the pool and there are always lots of them, they are the same size towels as the bath towels in the rooms, large enough to wrap around even big kids.
I should also mention it is a pet friendly hotel and our Jack Russell is a happy guest.
Would we come back - our next reservation is in October and we can hardly wait!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank bob123cat
C_Lane_DOS, Director of Sales at Quality Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for your comments, we will be sure to pass them on to the team. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to seeing you and your family again in the fall.

Christine Lane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Chilliwack, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

As the General Manager of Heroes Hockey Challenge 2013 I was able to negotiate very reasonable rates with the Manager of the hotel. She was very business orientated and a pleasure to work with, as was her immediate staff. I found the front desk staff to be very caring, knowledgeable and extremely willing to assist in any way possible.
The rooms were very clean and well appointed and the house-keeping staff were very pleasant and most accommodating. Any additional items we required to set up our "working office" were immediately actioned and were done at no additional costs. Photocopying was done at a very reasonalble rate and the office staff assisted in the distribution of materials to HHC attendees staying at the hotel. The Continental Breakfast, which was included in the room price, was plentiful and fresh. Again, the staff working the Breakfast room were very friendly and courteous.

The White Spot, which is co-located with the Ramada, was also very good. The service was very prompt and the quality of food and the prices were very reasonable. I would recommend the hotel to my friends for personal and/or business utilization.

Room Tip: Although the hotel parallels the Trans Canada, the rooms were quiet and with the windows closed and...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate you taking the time to post your feedback. It was an honour for us to partner with you on this event and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a fantastic stay at the Ramada Plaza & Conference Centre over the Easter long-weekend while visiting family in the area. Our room was very clean and quiet and we loved having the continental breakfast in the morning. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and accommodating and even called to check to see how our room was 5 minutes after checking in, which I thought was great! It made us feel very welcomed. The hotel is centrally located off Hwy 1 and within walking distance to restaurants, coffee shops, grocery stores and a wine/beer store. From check in to check out, we were very happy and had no complaints. We will definitely be coming back!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
C_Lane_DOS, Director of Sales at Quality Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments - we appreciate the feedback and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Abbotsford.

Ramada Plaza Team
Port McNeill, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

I thought the hotel was clean and the staff I dealt with on April 01 were very friendly. However I stayed on the second floor and the mattresses were the worst I have seen. When my wife and I laid in the bed we were both tilting inward toward each other to the point that we couldn't help but touch elbows all night. I tried the other bed with my three year old it was the same though I am not a huge guy. When I expressed my concern I was told that the updated rooms are in business class on the fourth floor, though they cost more, and that I could request it next time. There was no attempt otherwise to alleviate my concerns or provide any satisfaction. The other cons are that continental breakfast closes at 9am and that a fridge costs an extra 5 dollars per night.

Mattresses alone will prevent me from coming back. Never again.

Room Tip: 4th floor only due to updated mattresses.
Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jeff79_13
C_Lane_DOS, Director of Sales at Quality Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for your comments and we are sorry to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. As our continental breakfast opens early (0630) we do shut it at 9:00 a.m. on weekdays and extend it later on the weekends to accommodate our guests, unfortunately this timing must not have worked for your family on this trip.

With regards to your mattress, again, our apologies that it was not to your satisfaction. The vast majority of our mattresses have been replaced within the past 18 months so without knowing what room you were in, we are unable to confirm if there was a problem with that particular mattress or frame.

We would be pleased to review this with you further should you wish to get in touch with us directly and see what we can do to rectify the situation.

Lower mainland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Very rude, unreasonable and unfair front desk employees !! - rude to their own employees - Maintenance man was very helpful - although the ladies at the front desk were NOT ! helpful at all - they should be ashamed of themselves and quite frankly shut down !!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Nunov U
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for a beauty pageant. I have noted that several guests had very negative experiences and empathize with them. Our stay however was not unpleasant. Leanne, took my reservation was very accommodating and pleasant to deal with. I meant to thank her personally but did not see her during our stay. I requested a suite with a separate bedroom but these room types were full, she booked us into a junior suite and ensured that a playpen was set up in the room upon our arrival.

Thankfully our room was not near the laundry so did not shake.

The housekeeping staff respected the do not disturb sign even though it was on the door during their cleaning times as baby was napping. I spoke with one housekeeper and she said that she heard the baby crying and was trying to be quiet in the hall and hoped she had not woken the baby up.
Aside from these people, I did not find the staff overly friendly but none were nasty either though I did pick up on some frustration at times.

I did get locked out of the hotel early one morning as I was up very early and did not want to wake the baby. I went for coffee and when I returned I could not get back in. I knocked on the door but no one responded so I sat in my vehicle for 45 minutes, luckily I had a coffee and my iPad lol. I would suggest a guest key access for the front door during "after hours" .

The continental breakfast was disappointing, muffins were cold, juice and coffee were not great. The young man working the breakfast was friendly

The ballroom was excellent and the ice water outside was appreciated.

Our room charges were accuratate.

As a marriott platinum member I am accustomed to exceptional service and would rate this hotel as satisfactory.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Neku7
Abbotsford, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

Being a local business who has customers visit from out of town we have had many dealings with the Ramada over the past 5-10 years. There are obviously other options but we continue to recommend the Ramada Abbotsford due to the outstanding customer service that is always received when working with them. Not once have we received a bad review of the hotel from our customers who we have recommended stay there.

Thank you again to their entire team...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business