“You get what you pay for...not much here”
Review of Alpine Inn

Alpine Inn
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Abbotsford
Scottsdale, Arizona
“You get what you pay for...not much here”
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Dingy rugs, terrible beds - sheets like sandpaper..lucky we were so tired when we arrived because so much not too like...would not recommend staying here for any reason

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank linda8201

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
vancouver
Reviewed May 8, 2011

I would recommend the Alpine Motor Inn. I believe this is one of the less expensive hotels in the vacinity. May 2010, 2 night total with tax $204. We were traveling from Delta (not far) for a fastpitch tournament nearby. As I didn't want to drive back and forth I looked for a hotel last minute. All was booked up due to a large convention. I found the Alpine and they had one room left. I gambled as I wasn't sure of the small place and was concerned with what I was going to get for my money spent.

We checked in and all went well. Got the room and still had no idea what to expect as the building is a bit old. The room was very clean, bathroom was also very clean with no mold in or around the bath and window. Now the room was definitely not a new room but for the lower price you can't expect NEW! A friend managed to get a room the second night. If I remember correctly there were some minor flaws. I think I had an alarm radio, she didn't although she had a tv remote and I didn't. Again for the lower price but a clean room I didn't complain. I am sure if I did they would have helped me out. They even offered to bring me a bar fridge as I had bought food for the girls as we came back to have a bite to eat. BTW, the continental b/fast was limited but offered enough to fill you up.

Then came the pool. I took my son w/me and he wanted to swim. I again was concerned about the chemistry of the pool water. As I have a pool and know how to maintain it I took my test kit. The pool water passed bang on. I was again impressed.

One other thing, I was charged twice for the room, and brought it to the gals attention as I had paid when I originally phoned. No prob, I was credited on the spot.

Whenever we have a ball tournament I plan on booking the Alpine.

Room Tip: No comment, only had a ground floor room.
  • Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 14, 2011

Hi travellers

I needed a bed to crash, no extras, close to Abbotsford Regional Hospital (British Columbia) for one night.

THis place was all that. It cost about $80 for one bed and a shower/ It was $20 cheaper to take this smoking room than if I'd taken a non-smoking room. I didn't want a smoking room but for one night and 20 bucks less, I thought it'd do.

They do offer other amenities such as indoor pool and hot tub as well as a free continental breakfast. I had to leave early in the a.m. so didn't have their breakfast.

They have an Indian Cuisine restaurant on the premises so had dinner there which was very handy after a trip there on the road from. Good service, food fairly good with a sweets counter at cash register.

Good for the budget traveller. Probably your cheapest best in Abbotsford and only a fifteen minute walk to Abbotsford Regional Hospital from there.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Port Townsend, Washington
Reviewed August 20, 2010

Traveling with another couple; we were lucky to find rooms on the weekend of the big airshow. Thankfully the rooms were air conditioned but boy were they noisy units. I wore earplugs to block out the A/C - as a result I don't know about street noises. Things were quite clean. Building could definitely use some work as it is outdated and has lots of unsightly patchwork repairs. Continental breakfast was sufficient but not fancy: muffins, cereal, coffee, fruit. I'd recommend this to my budget-minded friends.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 22, 2010

I have been staying here for the past week at $55 per day. I was told that my room would not be made up daily, since this was a weekly rate. The staff came round every morning with fresh towels and other supplies as was needed (soap, coffee supplies, etc) and to take out the trash. Every day I was asked if I needed the room vacuumed or cleaned.The bedding was of decent quality and clean (I always take off the pillow cases to see what the pillows look like!)
The room had a good microwave and small fridge as well as a coffee maker. For breakfast (in the lobby) they supplied juice, coffee, 3 types of cereal with milk, fruit, white and wholewheat bread (and a toaster), butter and a variety of spreads.
Adjacent to the lobby there is a good-sized swimming pool, as well as a hot tub.
The wi-fi service had a glitch, and when I reported it to the front desk, it was repaired immediately.
The location is excellent, with restaurants (abc, Ricky's and an ethnic one), convenience stores, Tim Horton's, gas stations, etc. all within walking distance. In spite of the fact that it is just off the highway, it is remarkably quiet.
If this is not good enough for you, I suggest you go to the Best Western across the road, and pay a whole lot more (with no guarantee of cleaner rooms or better service!)

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
sunshine coast, british columbia
Reviewed January 7, 2010

i'm surprised by the not-so-good reviews, mind you they were from some time ago...we stayed there in july 09 while on our way to the cultus lake waterslides...we found it to be such a great little place we cancelled our reservations in chilliwack and decided to stay for the duration of our long-week-end, even though it meant commuting to cultus lake and back... what we remember most is the great price, big rooms (very clean), great service and the comfortable atmosphere we enjoyed w/staff and other patrons over breakfast every morning...i was only on this website so we can book to stay there again mid-january...we wouldn't think of staying anywhere else!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
BC
Reviewed May 2, 2008

Our room was clean and well laid out. The first thing we noticed was the bathroom vent fan did not work. We called that in to the front desk, with no resulting fix. (We stayed 2 days). The bathroom was dimmly lit with a low wattage bulb.
Continental breakfast was good the first day. We got up early and I was glad to have milk and cerial. The milk was in a jug on the counter, I would not have wanted to drink any after it had been there for an hour or more.....If they knew what they were doing it would at least be in a container of ice.
The next morning the same jug had less milk in it, it smelt OK, but for about 2 hours after breakfast I did not feel well. I highly suspect the milk had been left out too long.
After no responce on the fan and no question as to how our stay was, I did not offer any feedback. (if they cared, they would ask) I saved it for here instead.
A Best Western is across the street, that is where I would stay next time. This place is getting a bit run down.

• Liked — Close to where we wanted to go
  • Disliked — The bathroom, employees who do not know enough to keep milk cold....
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Quietobserver

Travelers are raving about these Abbotsford hotels