Sandman Hotel & Suites Abbotsford
Super 8 Abbotsford BC(Abbotsford)(Great Value!)
$64
$96
$83
Priceline
Very Good 4/5
Quality Hotel & Conference Centre(Abbotsford)(Great Value!)
$81
Abbotsford Hotel(Abbotsford)
$59
$57
Average 3/5
BROOKSIDE INN Boutique Hotel(Abbotsford)
$109
Excellent 5/5
All reviewswasher and dryerfull kitchenliving roomking suitemoxie's restaurantstove topseven oaksparking lotsized bedawesome staydenny's attachedwould stay here againfront desk staffgas fireplaceenjoyed my staystayed here for two nightsi highly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Many of my colleagues stay at the Sandman in Abbotsford, and my coworker wanted to stay no where else, even though it would mean a 45 minute commute every morning and evening.

The hotel suite was about the size of my apartment, which was great considering that I was there for 10 nights. My suite had a full kitchen (fridge, freezer, double sink, stove top, and dishwasher) which meant that I could cook my own meals and make my lunches - this was especially useful given that there were very few places to eat around where we were working. There are several grocery stores within a short (5 min or less) walk of the hotel.

The bathroom was very spacious, and the tub was much deeper than expected, and I really miss the excellent showerhead - I've never had such good showers. The shampoo and soap provided were very nice too.

The suite also has a washer and dryer, also very helpful when staying for a long time.

The bed was quite comfortable, although the pillows were a bit too big for my neck. The furniture in the living room was fine too - I did find that I spent more time working on my lap than at the desk. This is not unusual for me, since most hotel desks are too high for me to work comfortably, and the chairs too short.

The cleaning staff were excellent, and always did any dishes that I might have left in the sink. The desk staff were very pleasant and helpful.

The only suggestions I would make is to have a radio (maybe with a docking station) in the living room, and include a list of the television stations in the binder. But those are minor items. Also note that many rooms don't really have much of a view, but that's also a minor note.

As long as the hotel stays this good, my colleagues and I will continue to stay at the Sandman.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Got stranded over night and this hotel was the only thing that went right on my trip. I had a spacious king suite to myself that was VERY clean, the staff were very friendly the location was perfect. Far enough away from the highway and very close to a number of restaurants. This is now my first choice in Abbotsford...now if only it would quit raining...

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I Stay at many hotels for business, Sandman Abbotsford has been the best I have stayed at in years. A hotel full of suites that are big enough and luxuriuos enough to please any traveller business or pleasure. Full kitchen (less oven) washer/dryer, full living room with elec fire place. king sized bed in private room. sit up breakfeast bar and a mini patio for fresh air or enjoyment tops off this great hotel. All this for one great price. Moxie's and Denny's in same parking lot. I know this sounds like an ad but it's honestly not, I was so impressed by the cleanliness and professionalism of this hotel I can't wait to stay again. If all the Sandman's were this good at the same price, I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: rooms are basically all the same, any one will do.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rex H
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights Jan.23-26 2013 and there is nothing bad I can say.Everything was as a hotel should be.Stayed because of a funeral and they gave us a special rate (and not just a token amount).I waited a day to long to book and was told we are full for the Wed. nite but later called to say a cancellation had come up,the room was just a queen bed and full bath not the suite the others had which were HUGE but I did not need that so declined the option of moving the following day.Bed was great ,and cleaning staff keep things spotless.Front desk staff always friendly and ready to help.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank breezeslover
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I was visiting my son in a nearby university over New Year and needed a room for a couple of nights in a central hotel (I was not driving) with kitchenette: this is the only central hotel and some of their suites have kitchenettes. I noted the earlier positive comments on Trip Advisor – thanks. The style is modern and smart. The lobby has complimentary coffee and two TV screens. Booking in was very efficient and my requests for non-smoking and separate beds were met. Booking out was equally efficient and queries were dealt with by helpful and pleasant staff – BC prides itself on having the most pleasant people in Canada. Adjoining the hotel is a Dennys, a few metres away was a Moxies Grill and there is a large supermarket, the Real Canadian Superstore, across the road to the left of the hotel. Walk out of the hotel towards Gladwin Road, a very short distance, and there is also an Indian supermarket, Fruticana, an Indian restaurant and Cobs, an excellent bakery. Walk the short distance from Gladwin Road across South Fraser Way into the Seven Oaks Mall with another supermarket and a range of shops (including a money changer, pharmacy) and a food court. Other malls are also within walking distance. The hotel is indeed centrally situated, there are plenty of parking spaces out front and the price is reasonable.

The suite was clean and consisted of a one room with the kitchenette (hob and microwave but no oven, good ‘fridge, toaster etc) and the living room with TV and fireplace; the second room had two beds, a desk and a TV. There was an ensuite, plenty of cupboard space, an ironing board and a washer and dryer. The kitchenette did the job, the beds were comfortable, the shower fine and it is difficult to fault the hotel given my needs. As I am a heavy snorer, my son was grateful that we could move a mattress into the living room at night and both of us were happy….. No nearby noise intruded and we were on the third floor. Internet access was free. It was a comfortable stay, I can easily recommend the hotel and would be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family