“Great place to stay!”

Best Western Plus Regency Inn & Conference Centre
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Abbotsford
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 14, 2010

This hotel was very good. We had our hockey team stay at this hotel and the hotel was fantastic at accomodating our needs. The hot breakfast in the morning hit the spot and the rooms were clean and well taken care of. Staff was excellent as well.

• Stayed: March 2010
traveling_gourmet_bc, General Manager at Best Western Plus Regency Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2010

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel and for the kind words. We have a great team and I will share your comments with them. Our hot breakfast is a new feature at the hotel, and were very happy to hear that you enjoyed it.

Reviewed March 2, 2010

We picked this hotel because of it's price and proximity to the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver. We made a last minute decision to book based on several factors. It is a fairly middle-of-the-road Best Western, with clean, but small rooms, a 'continental breakfast', and some limited facilities. The bed was actually quite nice, and looked and felt like something from a Starwood property. My only complaints were the less then knowledgeable and forthright staff who were not helpful in assisting us during our trip with local directions and amenities.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review and for the kind words about our beds. Service is a very important component of your stay and we truly apologize if we were not helpful to any requests that you may have had. I have shared this review with my team, and it has allowed us to improve our services.

Reviewed February 23, 2010

So, this review covers both the business as well as leisure side of things.

For any business or group that has a reason to go to Vancouver, this review is for you:

During the 2010 Vancouver Olympics, my company used the BW Regency to house all of our drivers for the entire month of February. We had approximately 80 people staying at the BW for nearly the entire month, about 2000 room nights. As you can imagine, putting something like this together is no small undertaking. The manager/owner and I worked for months in advance to make this project happen as smoothly as possible. Despite a few hiccup along the way, I have never doubted the decision to have our people stay at this hotel. The management and staff has bent over backwards to make our people comfortable as possible. They extended the breakfast hours, found new dry cleaners to handle our laundry/dry cleaning needs, convinced the restaurant to extend business hours for those that were returning late from work. They even put together early morning 'to-go" bags for those that had to leave before the breakfast area opened. I can't think of a single request that was refused. The management at this hotel redefines the concept of "under promise, over produce". I had the chance to visit the weekend of 2/20, and had the opportunity to talk with quite a few of our personnel. The overwhelming feeling from everyone was positive. "The staff is amazing!" "The food is great!" "The beds are so comfortable." are just a few of the responses I would get. All in all, the BW Regency is a 5-star hotel in my mind!

Speaking of visiting, here is my leisure review:

My family decided last minute to go up to Vancouver to take part in the Olympics. It will never be this close to Seattle again, so we considered it a once in a lifetime opportunity. Since my company is using the BW Regency, we decided to stay there as well. Granted it is a bit of a drive to get into Vancouver, but it wasn't that bad. The hotel certainly made up for it. Upon check-in, the front desk person, having no idea who I was or that I had 80 other people staying there, was very friendly and attentive. We were promptly checked in and asked if we needed any help with our bags. Since we brought our daughter and 6month old along with us, we were put into a two bedroom family suite. It was quite roomy and very comfortable. The bed were amazing! I meant to look and see what brand they were as are looking to replace the one we have at home. Anyway, the beds were great. The linens were top-notch. The bath products just happen to be our favorites from Bath and Body works. Personally, what makes it or breaks it for me are the quality of the pillows. Good pillows = A good nights sleep. Needless to say, I was quite happy with the pillows, and the shear number available. OH, and the shower head was curved up so that even a tall person could use it!! The curved shower curtain bar is always a nice touch as well. The only "complaint", and I use that word very lightly, was the size of the television in the room. The room was so big that the little 20in screen seemed rather tiny.

The next morning we decided to start our adventure in to Vancouver, so I headed over to the front desk in search of a map and some "local" info. Again, as they had no idea who I was, beyond just another guest, I was given the 5-star treatment. Both of the front desk ladies went above and beyond with directions, and advice. They were fantastic!

So after a long day in Vancouver, we made our way back to the hotel, and since we didn't have the energy to go out for dinner, we decided to order in from the onsite restaurant. We didn't order anything fancy, but it was all quite good, and it arrived hot!! The person that brought our food, even ran back to the restaurant to get us more ketchup packets. Yes, RAN! That is what I call service. Breakfast the next morning was just as good, and the staff at the restaurant was wonderful as well.

So, if anyone out there is reading this post, and is considering using the BW Regency to host a business function, or you need a room block. I would HIGHLY recommend the BW Regency. You will not be disappointed.

If you are planning trip that takes you through Abbotsford, you won't be dissappointed if you plan a stop here. I whole heartedly recommend the BW Regency!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank limacharlie145
Reviewed February 5, 2010

Have stayed at the Best Western Regency a number of times and can attest to the
consistent quality of all aspects of the Inn. If you want a workout .... there is a place for it;
if you feel like a good movie ... there are many options; the restaurant and room service are always great. But what I like the most about it is the friendly smiles that seem always there to great you making if feel like a "home away from home"

1  Thank triroad
Reviewed February 2, 2010

We were fortunate enough to be guested by the Best Western while on a performance tour through BC. From the very outset of the room bookings to the handling of the smallest details, the staff at the Best Western Regency Inn and Conference Centre constantly amazed us with their superior service with a smile. They went out of their way, time and again to help us and make sure we had everything we needed. I have never ever seen service like this in all my touring around the world. The Best Western is like family to us and The Best Western Regency Inn and Conference Centre on Marshall Road in Abbotsford is like a second home to us. Thanks so much to all the amazing staff there and special thanks to Mebs and Kim!
Jill Ann Siemens
Founder, The Canadian Tenors
Founder, The Christian Tenors

2  Thank dreambigVictoriaBc
Reviewed February 2, 2010

I have stayed at the Best Western Regency 2 times now, and both stays were for multiple nights. I cannot say enough about this hotel. I travel about a third of the year, and this truly is one of my favorite places to stay. The staff is more than welcoming and accommodating. This time I was upgraded to a suite, which was unbelievable. The bed was more comfortable than the bed I have at home. Another plus is that you have a great restaurant located next door. If you are looking for clean, comfortable, and all around cool people to care for you, then this is your hotel!

2  Thank NashTraveler2010
Reviewed February 2, 2010

This is a nice hotel that I have stayed at twice before, always on business. I find the rooms to be clean and the staff to be very help full and out going. It is very easy to get to, just off the #1 Trans Canada Highway but is an amazingly quiet location. They just opened a brand new breakfast room during my stay and I was impressed with it. Better than average breakfast room.