“We Enjoyed Our Stay Here” 4 of 5 bubbles

BEST WESTERN PLUS Regency Inn & Conference Centre
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Abbotsford
GreenLeadersBronze level
Seattle, Washington
“We Enjoyed Our Stay Here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2009

In the States I would rate this motel "average," but I rated it "very good" because it is better than other places we have stayed in southern British Columbia.

The staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and eager to please.

Having read the motel is near the highway I requested a quiet room and was given a room on the side of one of the buildings that faces east (for morning sun) and that overlooks nearby homes, trees, gardens, etc.

The room was on the small side. There was only room for two queen beds, a desk, a desk chair and one additional side chair. There was also a coffee maker, a small microwave oven, and a small refrigerator.

The room appeared to have been redecorated in the fairly recent past.

The a/c was reasonably quiet and we were not disturbed by noise from the hall or the highway.

The complex is comprised of three buildings, and the breakfast room was not located in the building in which we spent the night. The breakfast bar offered various kinds of breads and sweet breads, cereal, apples, oranges, (no bananas), fruit juice, and a round "omelette." I wish yogurt and bacon or sausage had been available, but it wasn't.

From the motel it is a short drive to the entrance to the US at Sumas through which we passed quickly on a Sunday morning at 8:20 a.m.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2009

I stayed here a few nights in December while visiting family. I found the decor to be a bit tired. The lock on the door was a bit damaged and being a single traveller I probably should have requested a different room just to be safe. I did not find much difference between here and the Comfort Inn where I usually stay, but which has worse reviews. I would stay here again only because it is the closest to where my family is living not because of anything special about the hotel. Unfortunately Abbotsford does not have much choice and has no budget hotels. The restaurant is good and quite busy.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
Quathiaski Cove, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2009

Conclusion: Fine and perfectly acceptable place for a stop-over or a couple of days but wouldn’t want much longer.
A colleague and I were in Abbotsford for 5 nights while representing our company at a nearby trade show. We are from a small remote community so are not used to being in the "city". I chose this particular property because I already knew how to find it and that it would be easy to commute back and forth. As it turned out, this location was also the sponsor hotel so had a special group rate.
I contacted the hotel directly to book because my colleague had a special location request (due to being a smoker and wanting easy outdoor access). At the same time I told them that my room did not have to be in the same location. When I received my confirmation, eventually after having to remind them, I noticed that they only had us on the group rate for part of the stay. Eventually that got straightened out.
When we checked in, they had given us both easy access rooms. Very convenient but no view at all. Not that there would be a view anyway, I guess. It is the city, after all. Plus, we were there to work and would be putting in long days.
The first night, after 11 hours on our feet, we decided to head a couple doors down to the end of the hall to use the hot tub. We actually seemed to be the only ones using that hallway of the hotel and never saw anyone coming or going to the pool/fitness. We were just starting to unwind, nt even talking because we were so tired, when the security guard came by. At that moment I happened to look up and see a clock. It said 11:00pm (the pool area closes at 10). I looked at the guard, looked at the clock again, and then said to the guard - "That clock can't be right!" He said "Yes it is - GET OUT!” Feeling chastised, we obediently got out. Went back to our own rooms, I had a shower, washed my bathing suit, poured a glass of wine and looked at the time again - 10:10pm! That made me so mad because there's no way it was even 10:00pm when he'd so rudely kicked us out!.
OUR OTHER ISSUE was the quality of housekeeping for guests staying over. We were there for 5 nights and neither of us got a sheet change (usually standard after 3 days). One evening I came home and my bed was actually funny with the blanket almost perfectly cornerwise and the pillows still propped up in a bunch exactly as I'd left them for watching TV that morning. Every evening when I crawled into bed the sheets were still wrinkled the way I'd crawled out. Used glasses were not picked up - just other ones added. One morning I was not quite ready to leave the room at 9:10am when she came barging in past me when I opened the door and started picking up garbage etc. All quite strange!
This hotel offers complimentary continental breakfast. It was fine except that after 5 days was a bit boring. The attached chain restaurant served decent enough food too, which we used several times.
All-in-all I would say this is a perfectly acceptable place to spend 2 or 3 days but you wouldn’t want to be there much longer.
Another note: As close to the Trans Canada as it was, our rooms were surprisingly quiet.
Yet another note: Upon departure they actually phoned to tell me I'd left my spare glasses in the room. THAT WAS EXCELLENT SERVICE!

• Liked — Easy access from the main highway and to the event I was working at in the area.
  • Disliked — Pool hours and rude enforcement of same. Maid service for stay-over guests.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Kamloops, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2008

Pleasantly surprised at the property Lots of room for parking with nearby restaurant. Free continental breakfast was in adjacent building. Very busy due to school sports group but the staff kept area tidy and well stocked.
Check In staff were efficient and very friendly. Free upgrade to jacuzzi room was a treat. Only disappointment was road noise due to proximity to highway.

• Liked — Above average hotel for the price
  • Disliked — Proximity to highway
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Jettaset
Port Moody
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2008

Had to visit Abbotsford for buisness. Found this hotel on the internet. Very cozy and nice decor. Staff was very good here. The complimentary breakfast was really well done..Would return again

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Carlos_25m
north55th
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2008

Very reasonable rates. Clean rooms. Very accomodating, professional, friendly front counter staff as well as the cleaning staff. Comfortable beds and a well-stocked variety of beverages and breakfast choices at the complimentary continental breakfast. Small bathrooms, but very well maintained and clean. Would stay again.
J&L, north of the 55th

Stayed August 2008
1 Thank homebaseborealis
vancouver, bc, canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2008

We stayed in the honeymoon suite for our wedding night. It was quite nice, faily large, beautiful jacuzzi in the suite, large bathroom (small shower though). Only problem was the hot water it was luke warm at best - told the front desk, they were kind enough to discount our room and said they will look into it.

Overall, not sure what the regular rooms are like, but this was very nice. Also had nice pool,

ABC restauarant just across parking lot. Good breakfasts.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple