“Clean, comfortable, and good value”

Best Western Plus Regency Inn & Conference Centre
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Abbotsford
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stay at this hotel frequently when visiting family in Abbotsford. The hotel is conveniently located off of the freeway, has reasonable prices, and free parking. Front desk staff are always helpful and courteous, and rooms are clean, with comfortable beds. Free breakfast has a decent selection, and has recently been refurbished, so is attractive. Heating/cooling system is on the noisy side. Both buildings have a swimming pool.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank OakmondeVictoria

Reviewed December 17, 2012

We travelled to Abbotsford for a girls' basketball tournament and booked several rooms for the girls and the adults. From the start of the booking in process the staff were very helpful and friendly. The rooms had lots of space, were very clean and fairly quiet. The girls accessed the nice indoor pool and hot tub throughout our stay. The complimentary breakfast was excellent with a good choice of items including grains, fruits and juices. The two night stay was worth the rates and we enjoyed our stay. Would definitely go back again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the north side of the building if you like to be away from the highway side. Alth...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Tyndall
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We selected this hotel due to its proximity to the Abbotsford Airport (a $16 Taxi ride away at the time this review was written). The hotel was well staffed, the rooms adequately appointed, and the level of cleanliness was average or a bit above. The heater was extraordinarily noisy reducing my rating for sleep quality, and the room décor was lack luster, but we would stay there again. Our young daughter loved the breakfast – we were less excited about the very standard hotel breakfast fare, but it was free!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank STEFAN W
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I had family & friends stay at this hotel to attend my wedding in November 2012. We had a number of guests visiting from Italy & Ontario. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and made my guests for my wedding feel very welcomed. I stayed in the Presidential suite the 2 nights before my wedding day with my bridesmaids. The morning of my wedding day, I had photos taken in the main lobby in my wedding dress. My mother had the hotel staff host a brunch in the suite in the morning of the wedding, and they also hosted a lunch after the ceremony. The hotel staff did a phenomenal job at organizing the events and accommodating to our requests! We are very pleased with the services provided to us, and definitely recommend the hotel stay to anyone hoping to plan the same. Ask for Kim Hissink :)

Room Tip: My husband and I had the hotel staff give a tour of the rooms to show us what type of options we had...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank JessMess5
traveling_gourmet_bc, General Manager at Best Western Plus Regency Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Congratulations on your recent wedding! Thank you so much for choosing The Best Western PLUS Regency Inn. It was a pleasure and privilege for us to be a part of the wedding process. Our staff really enjoyed getting to know you and your family and were so touched to read your review and could sense your joy.

We wish you the very best that life has to offer and a lifetime of laughter, love, and happiness.

Cheers

Mebs Tejpar and the Entire staff at the BW PLUS Regency

Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

The card lock on our room failed almost every time we tried to access our room. When we complained to the front desk it was suggested we just "pop down" to have our cards reset. I asked why I am paying top dollar for a room I cannot access at MY convenience. The manager then attended .... apparently with her husband ... both of whom treated me like I was a "problem" as opposed to a customer. I felt physically intimidated ny the manager's "goon" boyfriend. The manager even admitted there had been ongoing problems with the card lock system yet nobody advised us of these issues when we checked in. This is NOT what I have come to expect from The Best Western chain. I will not be returning to any Best Western hotel. The arrogance of this manager ... and of her staff was quite astounding really. It was almost as if they all felt they were doing us a favour by simply allowing us to stay there!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank RMaddocks
traveling_gourmet_bc, General Manager at Best Western Plus Regency Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Thank you for your recent stay with us. As with most hotels that use electronic key card systems, cards will sometimes become demagnetized. We understand that this can occur and know that it can be inconvenient.

Our front desk representative apologized for this inconvenience and was ready to issue new key cards and assist in a helpful manner, however there was tremendous amount of yelling and poor language choices that kept being directed to our staff for an extended amount of time.

This was when our Banquet & Maintenance Managers stepped in to see if they could calm the situation down and be supportive to our front desk staff.

We are always happy and willing to go the extra mile for our guests.. the only thing that we request is respectful dialogue and language choices with our staff and in public areas.

Mebs Tejpar
Hotel Manager

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I brought a group of preteens and chaperones to the Hotel that I previously booked with the Director of Sales. She was always attentive and worked hard to get us the rooms we needed. The reception staff was great as well, they even extended pool time for our preteens as we arrived late from a conference. The staff at reception was also amazing after check out! One of our girls left a small article behind, and it was not only located by housekeeping, but the staff member at reception went to great lengths to get it back to us safely, unbroken. Really, she went above and beyond what was expected. We had an extremely positive experience for our one night large group stay, the rooms were spacious, and the hot breakfast was really wonderful!! We definitely would return!!!

Room Tip: When you have large groups, ask for the special accomodation rooms - queen/king suites, and the adjo...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Kathy Z
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed for three nights with our hockey team and was extremely impressed! Very comfortable beds, slept like a rock! Love having the convenience of the in-room microwave & fridge. The complimentary breakfast was probably the best I've ever had at any hotel. I also really appreciated the all day coffee bar! The front desk staff were extremely helpful and accommodating with our tourney schedule. The rooms were also very clean, and I am fussy! Highly recommend staying at this hotel! The Indian restaurant across the street was also good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway and a corner room also has less noise
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family