“"THE" Place for Steak” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Keg Steakhouse & Bar

The Keg Steakhouse & Bar
Ranked #12 of 294 Restaurants in Langley City
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Langley, British Columbia, Canada
“"THE" Place for Steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Steak is always prepared the way you desire it The Ceasar salad is crisp and the warm loaf of bread is fantastic. Lots of choices for appetizers. Service is great, prices are fair.

• Visited November 2012

Vancouver, Canada
“Nothing beats the Keg”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

Whenever my wife and I feel like splurging on dinner - usually for a special occasion - we go to our local Keg. We know they will serve up high quality food with high quality service. And if something isn't quite right, they will make it right. We have never left disappointed. It is a popular place and unfortunately they don't take reservations so there is often a wait (but it is worth it). Getting there early is the best strategy to avoid the line up. The menu has enough variety for many tastes, although by now I have a favourite: Baseball Sirloin, medium rare, "Chicago Style" (seared on the outside). My wife loves the prime rib. They are careful not to overcook the veggies - they are still crisp - and the fresh bread that they always bring to start your meal is delicious. I travel a fair amount for business and I have yet to find a better steakhouse. I highly recommend it.

• Visited November 2012
Surrey, Canada
“Amazing service and quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

We went to the Keg for my mother-in-law's birthday. We had a group of 11 with 4 kids. We brought a cake for dessert, which they were more than happy to put in the fridge while we were eating. From the moment we sat down our waiter was very attentive and very good with the kids. The kids meals included appys, which he brought out first for their hungry bellies, and was very quick with various requests. All-in-all, the food is always good at the Keg, and the house red wine was a good pairing to go with the steak. Between the bread, and meal, you will not leave hungry!

• Visited October 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Poor management! No package to go!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Well sometimes you crave something but you really don't feel like sitting at a restaurant, so the best way is that you can still eat what you feel like but you order and pick up.
So I felt for a steak and I called to order from the Keg. I first got a girl saying, they don't do orders and you can come in make your order and wait. As you probably know, a steak can well take half an hour. However, she was nice enough to suggest that she was going to talk to her manager to see if they could make an exception as it really doesn't make sense that I have to go in restaurant and order but I can't order over the phone and just go to pick up.
The manager comes on the phone and his excuse is that, they have no proper boxes/container to package the food and all what they have is boxes designed for packaging left overs. Also, his other excuse is that, they are designed to bring food in the restaurant as it looks better!
I have been to so many places as I travel quite a lot for work and I have ordered for pickup many times never heard these 2 excuses. If I am calling the Keg, I probably have been to the restaurant and know how important it is the presentation of food. Also, if I am calling to order food for pickup, then I also know that food can get cold by time I get back home and obviously I am willing to accept that.
Honestly, managers should be more intelligent and be able to make better excuse choice or make sure that their branch is ready for everything.
The order was attempted on Friday Oct 12, 2012 at about 5pm.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Vancouver
“Loud and expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

A group of 8 of us recently went to the Keg for a birthday dinner. I ordered the Chicken Oscar, my hubby the special. (sirloin steak and a skewer of seafood...$30.00)

My chicken was tasty, but dry and over-cooked. Another friend also ordered the special, but the skewer was honestly twice as big as my husband's!! His was small, and looked like it had been left in the oven for quite some time. Very shrivelled. The discrepancy was considerable.

We tried to visit, but it was almost impossible to hear each other over the music. Our waitress was friendly but overworked, it took a long time between courses. Although they have a large parking lot, we had to circle it 2 or 3 times to find a spot.

On the plus side, my husband did say his steak was exceptional.

Our total for 2 entrees, 2 pints, and 2 bottles of beer....$95.00 before tax and tip.

• Visited September 2012