“Loud and expensive”

The Keg Steakhouse & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg Steakhouse & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 303 Restaurants in Langley City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 2, 2012

A group of 8 of us recently went to the Keg for a birthday dinner. I ordered the Chicken Oscar, my hubby the special. (sirloin steak and a skewer of seafood...$30.00)

My chicken was tasty, but dry and over-cooked. Another friend also ordered the special, but the skewer was honestly twice as big as my husband's!! His was small, and looked like it had been left in the oven for quite some time. Very shrivelled. The discrepancy was considerable.

We tried to visit, but it was almost impossible to hear each other over the music. Our waitress was friendly but overworked, it took a long time between courses. Although they have a large parking lot, we had to circle it 2 or 3 times to find a spot.

On the plus side, my husband did say his steak was exceptional.

Our total for 2 entrees, 2 pints, and 2 bottles of beer....$95.00 before tax and tip.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Good food but too pricey and the menu needs an update.
Can't reserve and hard to get into on a weekend night. Don't usually frequent during the week

Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

Love this place once you get in however five out of ten times we have left for another restaurant because of the length of the wait.
Inside the decor is pleasant. It is a fun place and noisy because of the layout.

Don't hesitate to ask to sit in the lounge. They have the and menu there.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Local told me to get a 'great steak' this was the place. Service was very good. Indoor and outside seating. I observed groups (like business folks) and couples on romantic dates. Busy on a Tuesday night, yet quick service and good food. Steak done well - nice cut, well prepared. The mixed vegetables were fantastic! Good selection of wines.
$50 for one person - two glasses of wine and meal. Reasonable for the quality.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

I have been to this Keg in the Country three times and I really wonder what people find good about this establishment. I would have stopped after my second mistake, but my friend made this reservation. His well-done steak was delivered medium-rare and was tough – good thing they provide those big meat saws. Mine was misfired as well, but worse – it was flavourless.

A steak is pretty hard to mess up, you start with a good piece of beef; cook to the correct temperature and season. The popularity of the Keg escapes me; the food is quite unremarkable and they can’t prepare the one thing well they steak their name on. In my view the Keg is over-priced and offers a completely pedestrian menu …the Micky D’s version of a steak house.

I can only surmise that the good reviews are from people who have never experienced a good steak house and/or they can’t cook and/or don’t own a BBQ.

1  Thank John S