“Motel more like a Fancy Hotel”

Days Inn & Suites - Langley
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Langley City
Irvine, California
“Motel more like a Fancy Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2011

Loved this hotel, stayed for 4 nights and found it as comfortable as home. The highlights for me were the helpful staff, Big Flat Screen TV, and Free Long Distance calls to anywhere in America which helped me allot because I am from California. The exercise room was good but I would recommend adding more free weights . Free wireless internet worked in my room and the business center always had a spare workstation available. I liked that my room had a mini fridge and microwave so I can make a quick meals to go.

The breakfast buffet was better then I found in most hotels with a new hot entree everyday and for being complimentary. Of course if you tired of cooking there were several restaurants right next door.

In short, it is hard to imagine even much more expensive hotels offering all the comforts that this Days Inn offers. It is a great value and a real pleasure to recommend to others.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank NathanCA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2011

Ive come here numerous times with the girlfriend for a close-to-home getaway, the jacuzzi suite rate is cheap enough, and we love it! Relaxing and fun! Its pretty nice, a condo style room. Living room, 2 Plazma Tvs, Kitchen, etc. Whenever weve needed anything (a bottle opener or cards) the front desk has always helped out. Love this place !

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank VanCityGossip
daysinnlangley, Front Office Manager at Days Inn & Suites - Langley, responded to this review, January 20, 2011
Thank You for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. It's good to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and we hope to be of service to you in the future.

Avi.K
Halfmoon Bay, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2010

We needed a quick place to crash, after obviously missing the last ferry home due to an unexpected situation. We called them at 8:00pm, and they gave us a great rate of $99 a night, including the pet fee.

The check in was great. I think the clerk sensed that I was upset, and made the check in quick, and painless as possible. He made sure to let us know where the nearest outside door was to our room, so we can let our dog out. However, all there was, is a parking lot. No grass (Our Jack Russell prefers grass or dirt....).

Our room was basic. All we needed was a good bed. Soon after entering our room, we heard our dog crunching on some left over kibble from a previous guest. Other than that, the room was clean. The bed was comfortable, and we slept great.

The room had a fridge, and a microwave. No bedside clock (but there is a clock on the microwave.... useless if you wear glasses and need to see the time in the middle of the night).

Our biggest complaint, was there is no "in-room" coffee. You had to go to their meeting room, where they serve breakfast, to get coffee. I am not a morning person, and would prefer not to show my face in public, before I have my morning coffee.

Tim Hortons is right next door. Close to Casino, and other restaurants. Location seems odd, but is central, and quiet at night.

Overall, we will be back.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank coastguy2010
Thank You for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize for the coffee maker and bedside clock not being there in your room . We have currently upgraded all our amenities and I can assure you that all of our rooms are equipped with Coffee Makers/ Radio Alarm Clocks.
Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Avi.K
winnipeg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2010

We stay at this hotel with the national ringette league each year. The hotel has great rooms for teams with fridge and microwave and plenty of space. The front desk staff is always ready for our arrival with room keys ready to go. There is a Tim hortons next door and many restaurants nearby. Highly recommended for teams or those seeking a clean and comfortable room with great value. Thanks from Manitoba jets.

• Stayed November 2010
Oak Harbor, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2010

I selected this hotel with the understanding that it was in an industrialized area- this I did not mind, considering I traveled for work purposes and was going to be gone all day, and merely needed a place to sleep.

Initial impression: friendly check in. hotel seemed clean, although strong smoke odor in common areas and especially so in elevator. Room was clean and did not smell, and the bed was comfortable. I liked the large tv, microwave and small fridge they provided. Internet was reliable with a strong wireless connection (free of charge).

Then the mayhem started. On my 2nd night stay, they had a massive flood of the entire main floor of the hotel with inches of water everywhere. My room was situated on the 2nd floor, facing the main parking lot. Because of all the fans, equipment, trucks outside etc of the restoration crew downstairs, it was quite noisy all evening. There was banging underneith my suite until around 11. No one at the reception desk even bothered to address the issue with me or make any apologies.

Night 3: Although by this point they had the water problem mostly resolved, some genius at the front desk decided to check in the only other people staying at the hotel in the room IMMEDIATELY beside mine. The room doors are spring loaded and slam shut loudly. Combine a family unloading their car (also outside my room) making multiple trips up to their room with their door constantly slamming (around 10:30pm) with someone trying to sleep to get up at 5:30, and you get me. Not happy, will not stay here again.

Despite these incidents, I would not stay here due to the noise from the Tim Hortons accross the street. Many loud young drivers revving/driving carelessly in that parking lot and you can hear it very clearly in your hotel room.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Natesgal
daysinnlangley, Front Office Manager at Days Inn & Suites - Langley, responded to this review, February 1, 2011
Thank you for your comments! It is unfortunate that you experienced a few inconveniences during your stay. For these we apologize, and will use your experiences as opportunities to improve. We look forward to hosting your stay in the future
Orange, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2010

This hotel is located in an industrial neighborhood with big trucks driving around. I booked the hotel because their rates were low and good trip advisor ratings. Now I know why the low rates, location is terrible and when looking back at the comments, not truly sure how accurate they really are. I suggest you look for another hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2010

my friend recomended me this hotel and i was very happy with everything such as the service the rooms were very clean and professional, and everyone was polite, i had a good sleep no interuptions everything was good. thank you

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank joseph14
daysinnlangley, Manager at Days Inn & Suites - Langley, responded to this review, July 28, 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete TripAdvisor Guest
Survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

As a valued customer , your feedback is very
important to us and I can assure you that we will use this information to
do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our
guests. We know you have a choice in hotels and we are delighted that you
chose ours. We hope to see you again!

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance
to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 604 539 0100.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langley City
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#6 of 11 in Langley City
BEST WESTERN PLUS Country Meadows Inn

Been to Days Inn & Suites - Langley? Share your experiences!