“You have stepped into a time warp. This is a low-end 1970s/80s family restaurant.”

No photo provided
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Langley City, Canada
Reviewed August 15, 2014

While there is some nostalgic appeal to the idea of a restaurant from decades past, this is not a good restaurant. The food is bland and boring (what the family restaurants were actually like back then), the space is run down, and one of my biggest complaints about restaurants: the dishes are not clean. Food particles caked on the edge of my coffee mug. And the cutlery was similarly unclean.

There is no way I am ever giving this place another try. I don't compromise on cleanliness.

• Visited October 2013

Nelson, Canada
“Great Family Restaurant”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

My last two visits (week or more each) to Langley I have been coming here for breakfasts or just coffee. Depends on the morning. I used to go to another small cafe on Fraser Hwy until I stopped here by chance one day.
It's a true family restaurant with a large part of the staff actually all related.
I have always found them friendly a efficient.
There is lots of seating and regular customers I see returning day after day. With "the big table" where the local regulars sit for their coffees. The downside of this is sometimes (not often) you arrive right when lots of others have just arrived. It can mean a bit more of a wait while the kitchen handles the load. Sometimes we just have to share the good things.
If you are a Tim Horton fan where you line up like cattle with no personal interaction with the staff that changes almost daily, you probably won't enjoy this place. But if you get great pleasure out of a family working together to make a comfort atmosphere then you will love this place.
I sure do!

• Visited June 2014
British Columbia, Canada
“I'd Never Visit This Place if it was the last place on earth”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I just wanted a sandwich, but it was getting a bit late for lunch, so I opted for a piece of apple pie and coffee. What a big mistake. The waitress was slow and nonchalant and gave me 2 cups of cold coffee before I got a hot fresh, but overly strong coffee. Then after an age, I was served an uncooked piece of apple pie and ice cream. You'd have thought for the price, it would at least be something special. I couldn't get the waitress attention so I took it to the counter and left. I wouldn't have served this to my cat. I'll never go back.

• Visited September 2013