“Nothing to write home about”
Review of WINGS Tap & Grill

WINGS Tap & Grill
Ranked #219 of 303 Restaurants in Langley City
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Canadian
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Walked in the other night and was greeted quite coldly by the hostess. For two? " Yes"we answered and then she said she had to do something and left us standing there. She came back and took us to a table that had just been cleaned and was still soaking wet. They had wine bottles on special, so we ordered one of their reds. It did not come in a bottle, but came in a carafe. This was weird, and we assumed that it came out of a box.
Ordered our dinner, I had the spinach manicotti and it was served piping hot!! Such a pleasant surprize and delicious. My husband had the chicken souvlaki, but said it was okay, and nothing to write home about. We couldn't finish all the wine, so asked if our server could pour it into a bottle so that we could take it with us. She hemmed and hawed, and finally said that she would see what she could do. This sort of confirms that it came out of a box. She came back and gave us a bottle and said that this isn't the bottle that your wine came in, but at least you can take it home. Further confirming that it was a boxed wine. There is nothing wrong with boxed wine, but if they advertise bottles, then a bottle should come to your table. I will try them again, and hopefully the hostess service will improve!

3  Thank Karin F

Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Wings langley has terrible service. They are extremely slow and unattentive. I have been multiple times hoping it will get better but it never does which is to bad because I love the wings but don't think I will be back anytime soon.

1  Thank akanski
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Best way I can describe this place is "blah". Went there for the first time last week, and was treated to the most mediocre experience I've ever had while dining out.
Slow, awkward service. Bland, overpriced food.
Not terrible, but won't return

2  Thank Bjornturock
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Today was wings for 47 cents each but you have to get a min. of a pound. I asked for blue cheese dressing 3 times and when she brought it I was almost done. I had 4 wings left over and I asked her to pack them and she came back to tell me they will be charged at $1 dollar each to take out. Ridiculous policies. I can understand if it was 20 wings but 4... plus they charged 89 cents for the late dressing that I did not even ate. Will never go to Wings. Unhealthy food anyway. #wingslangley #wingsrestaurant

Our table was more than 15 people and everyone order more than $20 each.

4  Thank Libelula79
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Four of us went for a meal. I was skeptical that a Bar/grill could be great - but it was! The wings and dry ribs were superb as were the two kinds of dips we had (there are many many kinds). My Italian chicken, while rather small and lonely on a big plate was very spicy and excellent. Onion rings were also great.

Problem: the French onion soup had good cheese and bread (the easy part) but terrible onions and broth. A minimum of poorly cooked onion, they should be caramelized. The broth tasted very artificial as if out of a bad dry mix. We sent them back. The server and the manager could not have treated us better. They did not charge us of course and we had a good chat with the manager. Excellent customer service like this is becoming rarer and rarer. The deep fried(?) bread pudding was novel and excellent.

We will go back and eat tons of wings and onion rings with the bread pudding.

1  Thank FoodyOnTheGo