We stayed at the Sandman Langley for one night during the August long weekend, on our way to Vancouver. I had booked the Sandman because everything else in Vancouver/Burnaby/Richmond was booked solid.
We arrived after a full day of driving in hot weather and were absolutely exhausted when we presented ourselves at the front desk. The young woman who served us greeted us very warmly and professionally. I explained that I was going to be paying for one room and that my aunt would be paying for the other. I also explained that my aunt doesn't speak English and that I would translate for her. The young woman immediately switched over to French (as she had heard us conversing in French as we entered) and "re-greeted" my aunt, welcoming her to the hotel, and then proceeded with the check-in in French.
I could tell that French was a second language for the young woman (I gladly filled in some words when she wasn't quite sure) but she really stepped up to the challenge and did her very best to make my aunt feel welcome. My aunt (who had travelled across the country to visit B.C.) was genuinely touched by this reception.
The hotel itself is centrally located in Langley. We found a number of restaurants and fast food places within a couple minutes walk. There were also various stores in the vicinity, should someone have forgotten something.
The rooms were standard Sandman quality. The bathroom was spacious and renovated and stocked with towels. The bed was on the firm side and we could feel the springs a bit, but we slept very well and woke up feeling great. There were a couple tables to spread our belongings out on which was nice. The TV came with pay-per-view and my ten year-old and I enjoyed relaxing and watching "Meet the Robinsons" before going to sleep. Overall, the room was clean, well-appointed, and perfectly suited for our overnight stay.
The next morning, our relatives wanted to eat breakfast at the adjoining Denny's so we headed over there. I'm not a big fan of the heavy breakfasts at Denny's but I will say that the service was extremely fast and very friendly.
After breakfast, I went to the front desk to check out. The reception I received from the man processing my check-out was so personable and warm. (I really wish I had taken names of the staff who served us so I could mention them here.) The front desk was a flurry of activity because of the influx of guests for the long weekend, but he made me feel like I was the only guest at the hotel. For a few moments, I felt like a regular person again and not a tourist who had another 2000 kilometres of family vacation to survive! :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the north side of the Langley community Walnut Grove, Sandman Hotel Langley is conveniently located near numerous golf courses, the famous Colossus Movie Theatre and historic Fort Langley. This hotel has all the modern amenities such as high-speed Internet, a business centre, a meeting facility, and on-site dining to make your stay perfect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandman Hotel - Langley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandman Hotel Langley City
- Sandman Hotel - Langley Langley City