“Nice room, decent hotel”

Best Western Plus Langley Inn
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Langley City
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My daughter and I accompanied my husband on a business trip and decided to stay here as the government rate was excellent, and there is a pool, which is a must when travelling with our 5 year old.

We stayed in a King room and it was quite large and newly updated. The bed was very comfortable too and the room was impeccably clean. I do an inspection of every hotel room we stay in (quite picky) and this one passed with flying colours. The room overlooked the parking lot which is a part of the college, so it was very, very quiet. We enjoyed quite the lightening and thunder show from the room's window; view was really good for being in a busy neighbourhood. The noise from other guests, however, was quite loud. Banging doors started at 6 AM as guests left their rooms. I was woken up abruptly by the BANG! and didn't appreciate that one bit. I am a light sleeper and my husband and daughter heavy sleepers, but it did wake my husband. Thankfully, not our daughter. If you're a light sleeper, this MAY affect you, but I guess it depends on the thoughtfulness of the other guests as to whether it will happen, so I wouldn't base a "don't stay" attitude on that fact.

What I didn't like, and nor did my daughter, was how COLD the pool was! Yipes. And the hot tub was luke warm at best, but it's quite large, so she played in the hot tub instead of the pool. Very disappointing and since the pool is one of the main reasons we choose a hotel to stay in, we won't likely be back because of it.

ABC Family Restaurant next door was okay; just average. The service in the morning was painfully slow, and they served us before our daughter, and I'm not sure if they are directly related to the hotel or not, but they are attached. Won't eat there again for breakfast. Staff were friendly at least.

For the savings in the hotel, we look at this as a pretty good experience. Happy with the room's cleanliness and comfort. If you don't care about a pool or how long it takes to get your food from the restaurant, I would recommend this hotel. Overall, I'd give it 4 stars because it was clean and updated, and that's a very important factor for us.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the college parking lot
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank savarygal

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Great beds, linens, nice decor, enjoyable breakfast - all at a reasonable rate. Very helpful staff, too.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Marilyn051
Reviewed July 25, 2011

We stayed for almost a week at this hotel and it was perfect for our family visit. All empoloyees were remarkably kind and service oriented. Daily night rate included continental breakfast which is a plus not found very frequently in other equivalen canadian hotels.Housekeeping service was particularly good for room cleaning and they left everything as if it was the first day.
We recommend this hotel folks!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2011

The hotel has just recently been renovated, and it was great. My fiance and I just live over the bridge and went to a wedding in Langley and this is where everyone was staying. All the young ladies at the Front Desk were helpful, polite, and pleasant to deal with. The housekeepers said hi when we walked down the hall, and our room was really clean. We missed breakfast, but everything was great! The Front Desk even held onto my shoes for me when they got dropped off by a buddy.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thetrain87
Reviewed May 17, 2011

This was our second time staying here. As the last time, the staff was friendly, helpful, just great. The room was clean. We had absolutely no problems there at all. I would totally recommend this location to anyone traveling to Langley.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed May 10, 2011

I have stayed here once a week for a few years now and the staff here treat me like family. Everything is always taken care of and the people at the front desk are always very friendly. I would tell anyone I know to stay here.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 27, 2011

The best western, Langley....there were almost 40 of us and the hotel exceeded my expectations. Everything ran like clockwork – the rooms were available early, spotless, & so convenient , wireless internet, the furniture serviceable, the staff efficient, cheerful they couldn't do enough for us.
The physical set up in the Conference room has everything one might require....a long serviceable counter, with a sink & enough power outlets along the wall. Four round tables - with enough room for a screen, power point presentation the walls, floors, were
clean, spotless.....it had to be we were OR nurses!
The evening banquet, was beautifully decorated with white linen tablecloth and all the appropriate settings. The food served in the breakfast room and the staff so helpful. The area is well designed in that
we created so much noise talking, it didn't affect the rest of the building ..we were away from the rooms separated with double doors. And we were allowed to remain there for the evening, there was no hurry to rush us away for staff clean up – as sometimes happens in other places.

The hospitality room was again spotless, a full sized fridge, microwave, everything on could ask for,
along with good comfortable furniture. It was the perfect place for us to gather and visit.
And again the swimming pool is well maintained and perfect temperature for swimmers.
The experience the the Best Western was exceptional and we will be there again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
#6 of 11 in Langley City
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#7 of 11 in Langley City

Been to Best Western Plus Langley Inn? Share your experiences!