I have stayed here a few times per year for the past few years. I usually rate this hotel highly for its many strengths. It is always neat and tidy, clean and modern, and the staff have been generally helpful. The breakfast is above-average, and the pool area is nice.
What ruined my stay this time was the bonehead who wired the HVAC unit in the room to a motion sensor and timer. The heating, AC, or fan will remain on so long as people are moving in the room. Approximately 60-90 minutes after sensing no movement in the room, it will shut itself off. As a result, after setting the room to comfortable conditions and crawling into bed, you will likely wake up later in the night to find the room uncomfortably hot, cold, or stagnant. I had to get out of bed repeatedly through the night and walk in front of the motion sensor in order the get the HVAC running again. While I realize this was likely installed as an energy-saving feature, I seriously question the intellectual capacity of the person who decided to have this installed in such a way. It boggles my mind. As a result, I spent most of the night trying to get back to sleep. The first night I thought it was just my wife turning it off, but realized part way through the second night what was going on. I was too tired to bring it up with the staff before leaving, as I had a long drive home and wanted to get there before falling asleep.
Another thing I found tacky was they way they do not honor the BC Gov't Employee rates as negotiated by the province of BC. I have always had them book the room as such, only to find they bill $3-$10 above the negotiated rate. I have brought this to their attention in the past, and even brought in the rate schedule to show them, but they seem surprised to see this. They have eventually agreed to bill at the proper price. However, I have finally gotten tired of having to haggle for the correct rate and just payed it. For a hotel that seems to take pride in its attention to detail, I find it hard to believe this is merely an accident. I find it distasteful and tacky. Minor, but perhaps telling.
Finally, I found the beds hard and springy, though this may just come down to a matter of personal preference.
I left my 2 night stay feeling exhausted, and will consider other hotels in the area next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Stay You" at our newly renovated, 4 green key rated Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Langley, with complimentary HOT breakfast buffet and high speed internet access, as well as various on-site amenities such as pool, steam room, sauna, fitness centre, and 24 hour coffee served in our cozy Great Room, and wonderfully appointed guest rooms and suites that would exceed all your expectations no matter if you are traveling for business or pleasure. Stay rewarded with us and earn industry leading Priority Club Rewards points or airline mileage points. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, IHG, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Langley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Langley
- Holiday Inn Langley City
- Langley City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Langley Langley City