“Not up to par”

Browns Socialhouse
Ranked #46 of 303 Restaurants in Langley City
Cuisines: Contemporary, Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Boasting the first Browns Socialhouse in the Valley, this location is prime for pre-movie pizzas and post-game brews. Modern style with a throw back to the '50s and '60s, this room is cool and comfortable. We're proud to be Walnut Grove's local watering hole.
Reviewed June 30, 2014

One of my favourite restaurants is Browns.......but not this one in Walnut Grove.Went there once with girlfriends & everything was cold.......even,believe it or not the French onion soup.Even after sending it back to get it warmed up it did not happen.
Hopefully this was not normal & they have smartened up as the Browns on Hwy.10 is fabulous,always perfect!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We were welcomed warmly, our drinks order for lunch taken promptly and delivered and our food order taken when we were ready. Very attentive staff throughout - even warned us 1 minute before our meals arrived. Food excellent in preparation and taste. We we were bid a warm farewell and invited to come again on leaving. A very enjoyable lunch. A little pricey but worth the price.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Went here with two friends for lunch last week. The restaurant is so new the outside space is still being completed. Loved the decor, very nicely laid out. Our server Kim was excellent. I ordered the chicken and shrimp pad Thai, it was delicious, but I realized there was no shrimp, which I pointed out to our server. The manager sorted out the problem, I guess the chef just forgot, I was offered some shrimp but the pad Thai was delicious without it, so the manager paid for my lunch. I was really surprised and very happy. My friends had the fish tacos and the fish and yam fries, both said they were delicious. The standard and service were both very good. Oh and we tried a pink sangria, red sangria and a Bellini, we all loved our drinks of choice. So glad we have this lovely restaurant in Langley city centre.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I've been to the Brown's in Cloverdale and love the food and atmosphere, although I only go there for lunch. The wait staff seems friendly and attentive and the prices are very reasonable. It seems like it is the same as the Cloverdate one but it was hard to tell because I was so distracted by the young gang banger type group fighting in the booth. After getting splashed by the drinks the server spilled when she was almost knocked over by the fighting guys I just wanted to leave. Maybe I just picked the wrong night. It will be a long time before I go there again, if ever, especially with all the great restaurants popping up in Walnut Grove.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

the food took long. and came at different times. very noisy, hard to hear anyone at the table due to the open floor plan without any privacy walls. I did enjoy the food despite of the cost in this type of coffee house.