“Lovely lunch”

Bacchus Bistro
Ranked #4 of 294 Restaurants in Langley City
Cuisines: European, French, Canadian
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
dublin
“Lovely lunch”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Had lunch with the family and the food and service was excellent ,We had sampled some wine in the shop the previous week so we ordered the same for the meal .the best food of the day was the Prawns for starters ,lamb shank for mains and meringue floats for deserts, everything was very good until you had to use the washroom ,you have to leave the restaurant walk down the yard to reach them ,lucky for us it was not raining that day; also when you have a restaurant serving good food you also expect certain standards in the washrooms, not cheap toilet and hand paper towels .Everything at the restaurant was excellent except I think the washrooms need attention .

• Visited May 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver
“Wonderful evening at the Bacchus Bistro!”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We reserved a table for 5 for 5:30 on a Saturday and decided to hit up the wine shop at 5:00 to sample some wines before dinner. We sampled 3 great wines and then the staff suggested we grab a bottle of wine and relax on one of the benches outside before dinner. Dinner was very nice and exceeded everyone’s expectations. We ordered the Duck Leg Confit, Lamb Shank and Beef Bourguignon which all were flavorful and arrived nice a hot. A couple in our group ordered off the Daily Table d’Hote Menu which had a great prawn dish they both loved. Our server Bryson was very informative and had some great suggestions. The birthday dinner was a great success and the Bacchus Bistro provided us a great night out with exceptional service and top notch food. I would highly recommend the Bistro!

Langley City, Canada
“Horrible front of house staff, ruined the great food and location experience.”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I never write reviews and rarely even complain at a restaurant. After 4 trips to Bacchus, and 4x having a horrible experience? As well as several other firends having the same bad experience... I'm compelled to write. I hope the owner is listening.

I have eaten in many fabulous high end restaurants the world over. I have never been treated as poorly as I have when at Bacchus. I've only frequented the restaurant on weekend evenings so I cannot comment on the lunch or week time experience.

It has a fabulous country location, food prepared with quality and care: it is truely a diamond in the rough. Yet the front of house staff does not provide a positive experience, and that is putting it mildly. If this were my business I would be appauled to have staff like this. Front of house is your first point of contact, it should be a good one. The head waitress and manager should be held accountable: they have been hired and are therefor responsible for mentoring and educating quality service staff (no matter the age), as well as fostering a work environment that is not a bullying atmosphere and keeping staff on track to these codes - which they are clearly not doing. The only thing apparently on the minds of the people serving is to to get out and go home.

Our first trip to Bacchus we walked in to eat (Party of 2). I had no idea that you have to have reservations. We were asked did you make a reservation? When we said no, we didn't know... we were told curtly by the hostess that "you need to make a reservation". She was obviously not hiding how unimpressed she was. When I looked in the seating area not only was it half empty but the whole deck was empty. Hmmm, so I asked if the whole restaurant had been booked? No apparently not and she begrudgingly seated us. The attitude was then passed on to the servers as we were marked as if we were the 'trouble makers". If you're empty why would you make a patron feel uncomfortable and school them on "well, phone next time". There are ways to communicate this... or how about not communicate it at all!?? Strike one, and a basic customer service 101 no-no. The second time we dared to go back we phoned for a reso first, group of 5, I made the call at 8:15pm. The same hostess told us (with the same cranky attitude) over the phone this time, that the cut off for reservations is 8:30.... I didn't understand, at this point it's 8:15 not 8:30. Again... I'm made to feel as though I've done something wrong. The only thing wrong I'VE done is want to eat at a restaurant run amuck by snooty children. ? what the?!??

Enter Head Waitress: The head waitress has a perpetual petulant and snarky attitude (each time we went back it did not improve), she obviously deems it ok to take out on her customers in a passive aggressive way, and when no one is looking I'm sure she's doing the same to the staff otherwise why would they emulate her same bad attitude. So the staff pass on to the customer a "you're interrupting my evening by being here" as if it's not only OK but it's actually cool to have a fractious attitude toward your clients?! Passive aggressive treatment and bullying is not something I want to endure, or even worse PAY FOR in an evening out. If you don't like your job - then leave. You're not doing the owner or the patrons any favours. A restaurant of this quality is a great addition to the area... it's a unique and wonderful concept! It would be quite something to put a camera in the back of house and see what really happens. The owner would probably lose his mind. Other people I know have had similar experiences, and I'm actually surprised that this website has not had many people comment on how poorly staff deliver a good expreince. I bet money that with professional staff Bacchus would thrive more than it is.

The point of going out for dinner is to have a good experience - not just eat food and leave. Or worse, be abused eat and leave. It's a shame to have something so great ruined by such ungreatful and toxic employees.

9 Thank R R
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Almost perfect, 9.9/10!”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Was a wonderful venue for our event! I think a little more attention to decor would make it a 10. Attentive, knowlegable and friendly staff. Excellent food and of course delicious wines! Can't wait to go back!

1 Thank CCzudowski
Langley City, Canada
“Great food, better wine”
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Just around the corner from us is Bacchus Bistro- quaint, set back and idyllic. The quality of service is only surpassed by the sumptuous wines offered by owner Anthony Chan. In particular the AC reds are tremendous. The limited menu offers a several options, from pasta to fowl to fish. Although the preparation is a bit unusual the quality of the food is exceptional as is the quantity. For a truly unique experience - imagine a touch of continental Europe in South Langley- try Bacchus Bistro.

1 Thank Dougy200