“Say Cheese” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nk'Mip Cellars Patio Restaurant

Nk'Mip Cellars Patio Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 57 Restaurants in Osoyoos
Cuisines: Canadian, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Come, sit back, relax and enjoy our breathtaking view while enjoying locally sourced gourmet cuisine and our own award winning Nk'Mip wines.
Panama City, Panama
“Say Cheese”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

The servers were very friendly but unfortunately not very helpful. The place itself needed a good cleaning - the menus were grimy, the table had an oily stain and the floor needed a good sweeping. The food was OK but the menu was small, unexciting and some items were unavailable. The view was spectacular but not enough to take my mind off the faults. If you must go, I'd recommend the cheese plate. It's far superior to almost all others I’ve tried and it really brings out the Tuscany vibe when you enjoy it with a nice bottle of wine and that view.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Pepper S

Vancouver, Canada
“Breathtaking view but not so good service and food portion”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

We lunch at the Nk'Mip Patio on the second day of our family trip. The view is the best part of our lunch experience and the food taste great, but we do have a couple problems with this place.

The first problem I had is when trying to make a lunch reservation at the winery patio for the next day. I wanted to make a reservation for my family of 6 the next day lunch and was told by the winery staff that it's not required, but the next day they did not have a large table to seat the 6 of us. when we asked the host if we can have 2 tables of 4 together, our request got refused and the host was unhappy that we didn't make a reservation with them which really made me mad. At the end we have to sit at 2 separated tables.

The second problem is the amount of the food they served here. I have ordered a sockeye dish ($18) for my mom and a daily special pasta dish ($20) for my dad. Salmon dish came with a piece of salmon that's smaller than my palm with 4 to 5 pieces of green bean and toasted almond on the side. The pasta dish is even worst, came with so little pasta and 2 tiny cherry tomato with pesto sauce. I was actually embarrassed by the amount of food they serve here and had to take my parents to a cafe later on for some sandwich. The food tasted excellent, but I just wish it's a little bit more.

2 Thank Jen_Min
“Overpriced restaurant”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

My husband and I had lunch here as our first stop in our wine tasting tour. The view was great, but we were really disappointed with everything else. I had the venison meatballs torta: 2 meatballs in a tiny roll and four leaves of lettuce with no dressing for $16! My husband had the pasta of the day: house-made tagliatelle with walnut pesto and heirloom tomatoes (that turned out to.be cherry tomatoes) for $20. Food was good but not enough, we both left hungry and we had to get something more to eat before we could continue on our tour!

Not worth it!!!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
San Francisco CA
“A Most Glorious View”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is such a relaxed patio dining area. Our server was friendly and had a ready smile. We all ordered the salmon for lunch, as Nk'Mip Cellars was our first winery stop in British Columbia and we wanted to continue our winetasting at the other wineries with a fuller stomach. The salmon was utterly delicious, a bit small, but it was the right size for us for lunch. We sat longer than we should have, just gazing out on that glorious view of the vineyards, the lake, and the mountains beyond. It was an almost cloudless day. Just beautiful.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Calgary, Alberta
“Fantastic view and food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

I am not much of a patio person, but this patio is a must! It overlooked the vineyard and the lake. Food is good, seasonal and fresh. Service is good. This place is great to sample Nk'Mip wine with food!

Visited June 2012