“Had to use a flashlight to be able eat my food.”

Nk'Mip Cellars Patio Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 57 Restaurants in Osoyoos
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Come, sit back, relax and enjoy our breathtaking view while enjoying locally sourced gourmet cuisine and our own award winning Nk'Mip wines.
“Had to use a flashlight to be able eat my food.”
Reviewed August 20, 2011

This place was a [--] joke!! Not only a joke but disaster on broadway. I don't even know where to start other than waiting for a table that took longer than getting the food itself. Not to metion we had a reservation. The service was painfully slow, and they 3 people on the job. The drink list was simple that consisted of cheap wine. There was no beer, no pop just poosty wine. The starters came out five minutes later after ordering, while the main course came out 45 min. For a place with such a nice view it is a [--]place to eat. Again not to mention the resturant is part of the hotel, and you can't even charge your dinner to your room. When the food finally laneded on out table I could not see my plate, because it was so dark. There we no lights in the area we were sitting so to compromise I was forced to download a flashlight on my IPhone to be able to see my food. So to sum this all up I will just say two words to finish. [--] AWFUL!

1 Thank BoSoxkam15

Vancouver, Canada
“I had to download an app for a flash light to see my dinner”
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Well what can I say besides this restaurant is a diaster. When we showed up we waited 10 minutes to be seated even though we had a reservation they just don't clearly have enough people working.

They have the most limited beverage menu it consists of cheap grose wines.

We ordered the food and the appetizer came out 5 minutes later and the dinner took 40 minutes. When the food finally came it was Luke warm and to top it all off. We were seated in an area where it was pitch dark so in order to see what we were eating we had to download flash light apps from the app store.

This restaurant please save your money and go some where else this place is a joke.

And to any manager who reads this you may want to consider putting a ******* candle on the table and hire more staff.

Langley City, Canada
“what happened to this gem”
Reviewed August 18, 2011

location & view: fabulous and a 'must go' for lunch or afternoon wine/appie experience when you visit Osoyoos - have recommended it without fail for past few years. HOWEVER when did that appie platter for 2 change into this disastrous nothing platter! it used to be an amazing platter that tantilized your palate from bison sausage to a variety of salmon etc... easily pleasing for 3 to share, so you didn't mind paying $45.00 and have the flight of wine .... NOW that share plate has meatballs and 3 different pate's - we ordered 2 salads to accompany this - and 3 flights... $150.00 later... ouch! then we went for dinner somewhere cause we were starved. have told my friends LEAVE IT OFF YOUR AGENDA and canceled it on our summer plans! Too bad - it used to be good.

• Visited August 2011
Seattle, Washington
“Great food and iew with spoty service”
Reviewed August 11, 2011

My first time to this resort for dinner with a group of colleagues. Unfortunately, we arrived later than expected to meet up with the rest of our group. We were accommodated within a reasonable amount of time. The first half of our group had meals prepared for various dietary needs (vegan and vegetarian) and seemed pleased with everything. We were presented menus and ordered quickly since we were hungry. The server rushed us through our ordering which didn't allow all of us to order everything that we wanted unfortunately. After the main course was cleared and desserts ordered there was another missed opportunity for the server to earn more sales and gratuity. Her loss and ours...sadly. The view is lovely and the food and wine list is really enjoyable. When the service improves and the attitude changes, then maybe a second trip will redeem itself.

• Visited August 2011
Nanaimo, Canada
“Excellent Resort”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Amazing quality of food, and great presentation. The menu has different choices than some restuarants. The wine list is extensive, so you will need time to make your choice.
Eating outside has a great view of the vineyard.

• Visited June 2011