“Only Ate Appetizers but Boring and Poor”
Review of Wildfire Grill

Wildfire Grill
Ranked #19 of 57 Restaurants in Osoyoos
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Calgary
“Only Ate Appetizers but Boring and Poor”
Reviewed July 1, 2009

We weren't too hungry so we ordered 4 appetizers between 2 of us and frankly the food was pretty poor. The bruschetta was dull, tasteless, with too much cheese. The "tempura" prawns were actually covered thickly in panko breadcrumbs (I'd be surprised if they were in-house made) and served with sauce that must have come from a bottle. The goats cheese puff thing was excellent in terms of cheesiness but the pastry was store bought (I think), and burned on the bottom. And lastly, the calamari was ok if slightly insipid, but the sauce had the gloopy consistency of that from a jar.

So, the food we had was pretty poor and I wouldn't recommend anything we had, but of course we didn't have any main courses. The place itself is quite pleasant; we sat on the patio, and though I'm not a fan of plastic table cloths, it's a nice enough space, with flowers and bushes here and there. The waiting staff were probably the best bit - terribly professional and quick.

Overall, I felt that with a few touches of 'home made' this and that, perhaps going simpler with smaller portions but better quality ingredients, they could have transformed rather poor nibbles into more of a delight.

Vancouver, Canada
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed May 24, 2009

We travelled in a group of 6 and it was around 9pm when we started to decide what to have for dinner. Unable to make up our minds, we drove along the Main street and spotted this nice little restaurant. The restaurant was serving a big party that night and it was already 9:30pm when we found the place. The lady (i assume she is the manger) said they could serve us but we would have to wait at least 15-20 mins before any food arrives. I appreciated her honesty and asked for a table anyway.

I ordered a sirloin steak and it was fantastic. Honestly i was very surprised to taste this quality of food in a small town like Osoyoos. It was so good that I wanted to order a 2nd one, only it was too late and their kitchen was closing down. All my friends' dishes were wonderful as I sampled each of them.

I give this restaurant 5 out of 5 for food quality and value. The only thing I hope they have is a nice lake view, but the food itself is good enough to bring me back to this restaurant again.

Calgary
“My favorite restaurant in Osoyoos!”
Reviewed July 15, 2008

I go out to the Okanogan every year for a holiday and always have to frequent the Wildfire Grill. They have a quaint, little patio and the food is nothing short of delicious! I also like the fact that they feature many Okanogan wines by the glass. My only suggestion would be that I wish they would change the menu every year......just to mix it up a bit........but try the escargot......you WON'T be disappointed!