“Went for Indian but was quite disappointed”

Ambrosia Western & Indian Cuisine
Ranked #29 of 59 Restaurants in Osoyoos
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We ordered the dal and the fish pakoras. The dal was bland and too thin. The pakoras were over cooked. The nan was heavy and lacked flavour. It was more like a doughy pita.

I would not return

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We enjoyed the Indian cuisine but the menu is huge and you have your choice of everything from burgers and sandwiches to curries and samosas. All 4 of us loved it and we were all stuffed full for less than $10 each. Our waitress was sweet and attentive and our little table outside on the vine covered patio was lovely. I am vegan celiac and had more options than I'm used to, and my meatitarian boyfriend was happy too! Terrible spot right on the Main, so you could really hear the trucks from our table, but a convenient, central location and well worth a visit.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I love Indian food. This was a nice surprise! No frills but good food and very friendly service. Had samoosas for starter (best I had for a long time) and goat curry for main, spicy and real tasty. My wife had the veal cutlets which was done perfectly. If you love curry you should give Ambrosia a try.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

After reading reviews we decided to try Ambrosia for Indian food. The menu was made up of Canadian pub-like choices and a small Indian menu. We chose veg pakoras, chicken tikka masala, goat curry and butter chicken. We were warned that the food is made to medium hotness which was good because we love spicy food. The veggie pakoras were served with a mint tamarind sauce, they were very good. Goat curry and chicken tikka masala were pretty good it came with plain rice and a very small piece of naan bread. The butter chicken was flavourless and extremely spicy to the point I could not eat it. Soda was a charge of $2.50 plus a refill charge of .99 per extra refill. Overall it was good but my suggestion would be to offer other degrees of spiciness and the butter chicken (which is a staple in most Indian restaurants) isn't worth it.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is a cute little restaurant that has amazing food. They have a good variety of food choices and the staff are some of the nicest people around. Loved it. I will definitly be back