“Unexpected stop”

Osoyoos Desert Model Railroad
Ranked #1 of 49 things to do in Osoyoos
More attraction details
Owner description: OPEN YEAR ROUND Monday to Saturday. A world Class Miniature Wonderland Experience. 4000 sq ft. of family fun with up to 45 computer controlled trains traveling on 2 km (1 1/4 miles) of tracks weaving through mountains and towns. Discover the 18000 + hand-painted little people and animals in scale 1:87 (HO) placed in humorous and funny situations and scenes. You'll be impressed with the devotion to details and the charm and humor of the presentation. Watch with delight, the unique operational car system running through towns, stopping for gas and traffic lights. So much more than just Trains.When driving from downtown Osoyoos, take Hwy 3 towards Vancouver (about 3 km.) Turn left at the SECOND enterance into the Buena Vista Industrial Park onto 115th Street. Look for the yellow warehouse with the big signs out front.
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The enthusiasm of this family for their miniature trains is immediately apparent when you enter the large upstairs display area. There were lots of unexpected vignettes that caused some laughs.

odrm, Owner at Osoyoos Desert Model Railroad, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

We are so glad that we could offer you some laughs as you went along our model railroad display. That’s the greatest incentive for us, that people get our sense of humour in creating little scenes within the big display. Thank you for coming to visit us and we hope to see you again.

All reviews
"per adult"
"labor of love"
"industrial area"

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Wasn't sure what to expect but was amazed by what we saw. Definitely a labour of love and 1000's of hours put into this. I would even like to go back because you will NEVER see all there is to see.

odrm, Owner at Osoyoos Desert Model Railroad, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Thank you so much for coming to visit us here at the railroad. We are really glad that you liked our display and that you would like to come back. We keep changing and adding new things all the time. As a matter of fact we just added a police Smart car with flashing blue lights to our roadside police scene. It looks awesome, so come check it out. Ulla Pedersen

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We visited the model railway with our grandson in November and were astounded at the scope,detail and love that had gone into building the railway and all the different layouts. It was a treat for all ages

We would like to thank you for coming to see our model railroad display.We are just in the process of adding a worker who is lifting a man hole cover. Also there will be flashing light on a work truck as well, and I can't wait to see how it is all going to turn out. I just hope that the bus travelling in front will stay on the road all the time and not hit the poor worker, who will be lifting the cover all day long! Hope to see you again. Ulla Pedersen

Reviewed December 26, 2012

everything was amazing owners very friendly and informative. It was very inspiring to my husband to build his own . Great gift ideas.

odrm, Owner at Osoyoos Desert Model Railroad, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2012

Thank you for coming to visit our model railroad display.
I am so happy to hear that we have inspired your husband to build his own train display. All I can say is, that if he has half the fun we have had over the years creating ours, he will have a blast. Good luck with your new hobby and remember to just have fun with it.
Ulla Pedersen

See more reviews
Reviewed December 12, 2012

The Desert Model Railroad should be on the itinerary of anybody travelling to or through the south Okanagan. I can't describe it any better than all of the other writers here, but I will say that I haven't been to the railroad in four years... and in that time, they've changed some of the layouts and added new and better things.

Also have a look at the posts below. The owner responds to every one of them. When was the last time you saw that happen on Trip Advisor. It shows that they care what their guests think and indicates to me again that the railroad is a true labour of love.

It took my wife and I and two young daughters two hours to see everything - and I'm not even sure we saw every great detail, in-joke or Easter egg. If you visit, watch for the speed trap at the road tunnel entrance, all of the weddings and funerals, the Porsche dealership, the derailment clean-up and the monks strolling in the courtyard.

This is truly a tell-your-friends kind of place.

Thank you so much for your rave review of our model railroad display. When we meet and talk to people like yourself it gives all of us such pleasure and added joy in our every day life.
It gives me great insight and pleasure to answer people’s comments both good and bad about their experience visiting us.
I am so glad that you found some of all the little funny details, which is there for people to discover all over the display and I am even more impressed that you can still remember them.
We hope to see you again here at the railroad.
Ulla Pedersen