“Beautiful Beach and suite”

Desert Surfside Waterfront Accomodations
Reviewed January 2, 2009

We really enjoyed our stay at the Desert Surfside. We stayed in the newer portion of the property which overlooked the beach. Our kids loved the beach and easy access to it. Our rooms were clean and very comfortable. The kitchen was great. We felt spoiled. Our only complaint was that when we left some of our belongings there, we did not hear a response back to our messages.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed April 23, 2008

Our mixed golf group of 22 enjoyed the property amenities, reserving the group BBQ patio setting for 3 nights offered the best pot luck socializing outside the golf course club houses. Restaurants don't provide the same atmosphere. The weather was perfect for late September and the wine tours have added a new diversity for us. Now that we have discovered Desert Surfside we are planning to return again this fall. The courses are championship and the views breathtaking. It is great to have a central area for us from Vancouver and others out of Calgary, a perfect destination. Now if we could drag our other halves away from the plasma TV's ...

• Stayed: September 2007
Reviewed March 21, 2008

We stayed at the Desert Surfside for the month of January, and it spoiled us for any other "long stay" that we will plan. We had a two bedroom condo, facing the lake and it was great. Fully equipped,with a gas burning fireplace (which we enjoyed every evening), spotlessly clean, and totally quiet. The management couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful. We felt completely at home. We would definately return.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2007

The management was friendly, polite, very helpful and had a great sense of humour, and were alot of fun. They went above and beyond their duty to make sure our stay was enjoyable. We had a great week. The rooms are beautiful and clean. We made sure we booked for next year before we checked out. Would highly recommend, an absolute must.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2007

read lalalauras review and I just had to post mine.

I moved to Osoyoos in January and stayed at desert surfside everything was okay while we were staying there until it came time for us to move into our house.

The managment guy was yelling at our kids and other kids down the hall for playing at 2pm and they werent that loud.

I cleaned the room top to bottom and even washed the walls . When I was done I went to return the keys and the guy was there he started yelling at me insinuating that I didnt know how to clean. In sum I left there in tears.

I went home told my husband and he went to talk to the wife about it and see what was going on. Well the guy was there and he started yelling at him and threatening him by placing his head against my husbands.
We called lady her name is Karen Roosen [--].

She got them to apologize through a letter and promised it wouldnt happen again.

well a week later I was walking by and he started calling me names and blasfamy in front of my kids. Adn discriminating me and our workers about our race because I am native. I called karen again but nothing happened

then another incident happened he ran into my husband at tim hortons and started insinuating a fight. He wanted to physically fight my husband in public!! I didnt call Karen again cause I couldnt find the number.

I would not reccommend anyone stay there while this couple is in management because they discriminate and belittle there customers.

Not to mention they cant even control themselves to work with the general public

I would have taken them to court if it wasnt for Karen this is the worst management I have ever seen

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank ollie79
Golfersrule, owner at Desert Surfside Waterfront Accomodations, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2008

As of November 1, 2008 Desert Surfside is pleased to announce new property management. Our new manager is eager to assist with your travel needs, making Desert Surfside a positive and memorable experience.

Reviewed August 5, 2007

We stayed at the Desert Surfside for the August long weekend. It was nice to have a kitchenette and the room was clean. We really liked the back deck with the bbqs. It was great to hang out there by the lake.
My complaint is the building management. They yell at the guests. The morning we were leaving my husband became ill. We were not able to get out of our room at the 11am checkout and we started getting harassed. I told the manager woman that we were going as fast as possible and that my husband was sick and she yelled "Don't Matter! Get Out!" When I got home I had an email from her saying that she charged my credit card $50 because we didn't do all the dishes and we didn't take out the garbage. Now I know they have to clean the room. Maybe I didn't read the whole 6 pages of rules but seriously, that is just horrible. After being yelled at and treated like a criminal she charges me more money? Unacceptable. I have never seen anything like it.
Stay away from this one. There are lots of other places you can stay in Osoyoos.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LaLaLaLaura
Reviewed July 28, 2007

Went here for a weekend during August 2007, the place was exceptionally new and clean. In-suite kitchenette was convenient and nice to not have to go scouring osoyoos for snacks or breakfast. Room was nicely furnished, tile floors are love or hate (i loved them, and surely more sanitary than hotel carpet!). Beachside BBQ's setup for use by all, overall nice location and amenities.

Beachfront location was great, management was polite and kind. As we were departing housekeeping popped out of our room to thank us for how clean we'd kept it..

I'd be happy to return here any time.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple