We stayed mid August with another couple in a suite near the smaller pool.
At that time there was construction going on , so parking near the golf course lot would result in getting your car covered with dust.
Although the resort was not on the beach, a walk through the vineyard will get you their.
The 9 hole gold course on site was great and very reasonable. From the course ,one can get a great bird's eye view of the lake and surrounding area.(signs stating"beware of rattlesnakes " makes you think twice before goin into the bush to find your ball but we had no problems. Matter of fact , one morning we saw a family of deer on the course while playing.
We found the on site resturant a little overpriced for what you got, but the winery next door was nice to visit to enjoy an outdoor patio lunch.(unfortunately, trying to order a takeout when we were at the pool next door proved to be a challenge since they were busy with walk in traffic.
I highly recommend a visit to te Desert Centre next door if only to see the rattlesnake tagging .
A pleasant discovery wasa going into town and hitting "Smittys' for breakfast. It's a family run place with great food variety and great service.
All in all , this would be a great place if you are looking for a home base to start your wine tour !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4.5-star Spirit Ridge at Nk'Mip Resort celebrates its natural desert cultural landscape.Our accommodation is a 226-condominium 1, 2 & 3-bedroom style hotel nestled between Anarchist Mountain and Lake Osoyoos. Situated on Osoyoos Indian Band land, we celebrate our resort partner's amenities and destination attractions. The Nk'Mip Desert Cultural Centre is a hub of information on the Okanagan people where you can immerse yourself in Aboriginal Events and cultural ceremonies. The Nk'Mip Cellars are an award-winning vineyard and winery, right on the Resort. They provide in depth tours and daily wine tastings. Just down the hill is the Nk'Mip RV Park and Campground, a year-round heated playground for an active Snowbird Community. In the summer, there is a Cantina on the Lake where you can take a water taxi across to town - or invite friends to you. The challenging 9-hole Sonora Dunes golf course has a clubhouse (opening year-round shortly) and Pro Shop. The view from the tee boxes envelop the backdrop of the rugged mountain, the Lake below and a beautiful scene of the Spirit Ridge adobe-style buildings dotted with wrought iron icons, native to the area. We have a full service spa on site Solterra Desert Spa who are open year-round, waiting to pamper locals and visitors alike. Our resort weddings are becoming legendary. Photo opportunities exist from every viewpoint with the spectacular vineyard stretching out like arms to the sun, up the hill. Meander between wild desert sage, catch a glimpse of a wild herd of horses, laze in one of our outdoor pools or hot tub and wonder, "why didn't I get here sooner". Experience Nk'Mip hospitality at it's best! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Spirit Ridge at NK'MIP Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spirit Ridge Vineyard Resort And Spa
- Spirit Ridge Vineyard Hotel Osoyoos
- Spirit Ridge Vineyard Osoyoos
- Spirit Ridge Osoyoos