My husband and I visited Spirit Ridge five years ago when it was still in development and we had a great time. We recently went back for five days in June with our 2.5 year old son and dog. The resort has expanded considerably and there are fare more amenities, including a great pool for kids, and more dining and accommodation options.
Overall, the resort is great, but the comments made by other reviewers regarding house-keeping are pretty accurate. We didn't need to have the room cleaned every day, but it would have been nice if the garbage could have been emptied and the cleaning supplies refreshed every day. Twice, the knock from the house-keepers came at around 4:30 pm, when we were relaxing after a busy day, which is not convenient at all. Also, we had to pay an extra cleaning surcharge for the dog, which is fine, if the room was being cleaned, but it wasn't.
We ate lunch at the wine tasting room and were really impressed with the food and service. Our server was lovely; she accommodated our son without making us feel like a pain for having a toddler with us.
The grounds are well maintained and all the lavender is lovely. We didn't do a round, but the golf course looks well maintained.
Spirit Ridge is a great spot and if they find a way to sort out house-keeping it would be five stars in my book.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4.5-star Spirit Ridge at Nk'Mip Resort celebrates its natural desert cultural landscape.Our accommodation is a 226-condominium 1, 2 & 3-bedroom style hotel nestled between Anarchist Mountain and Lake Osoyoos. Situated on Osoyoos Indian Band land, we celebrate our resort partner's amenities and destination attractions. The Nk'Mip Desert Cultural Centre is a hub of information on the Okanagan people where you can immerse yourself in Aboriginal Events and cultural ceremonies. The Nk'Mip Cellars are an award-winning vineyard and winery, right on the Resort. They provide in depth tours and daily wine tastings. Just down the hill is the Nk'Mip RV Park and Campground, a year-round heated playground for an active Snowbird Community. In the summer, there is a Cantina on the Lake where you can take a water taxi across to town - or invite friends to you. The challenging 9-hole Sonora Dunes golf course has a clubhouse (opening year-round shortly) and Pro Shop. The view from the tee boxes envelop the backdrop of the rugged mountain, the Lake below and a beautiful scene of the Spirit Ridge adobe-style buildings dotted with wrought iron icons, native to the area. We have a full service spa on site Solterra Desert Spa who are open year-round, waiting to pamper locals and visitors alike. Our resort weddings are becoming legendary. Photo opportunities exist from every viewpoint with the spectacular vineyard stretching out like arms to the sun, up the hill. Meander between wild desert sage, catch a glimpse of a wild herd of horses, laze in one of our outdoor pools or hot tub and wonder, "why didn't I get here sooner". Experience Nk'Mip hospitality at it's best! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Spirit Ridge at NK'MIP Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spirit Ridge Vineyard Hotel Osoyoos
- Spirit Ridge Vineyard Resort And Spa
- Spirit Ridge Vineyard Osoyoos
- Spirit Ridge Osoyoos