This was our 3rd annual trip to the Spirit Ridge Vineyard Resort & Spa. This property is kept in manicured condition and the single bedroom w/ double queens was perfect once again for our family of 4 and is an oasis in the desert. We had 3 rooms booked for a total for 3 families. Booking the rooms on a special rate in May made things a whole lot more affordable for our July vacation. The pool, hot tub ping-pong table and waterslide are always a hit with the kids and parents that need to unwind after a long day of touring the countryside roads wine tasting & picking fruit in the heat. Unfortunately our scheduling didn't work out to utilize the Spirit Seeker Kid'z Kamp that offered a fantastic variety of 3 hour activities for kids each day for only $20-25 each session. It helps when the weather is +30C each day to cool down poolside under the umbrellas with pool service (for those that want it). We did use the electric programmable BBQ's on the room decks each night and the full kitchen makes things more comfortable and affordable for meals. Golfing the Sonora Dunes golf course on the resort was an indulgance and were lucky with the cooler morning tee time. The course is short, but challanging none the less. Many times I hit a long iron off the tee vs hitting a wood/driver into some of the best rattlesnake habitat that borders its limited fairways. We also took full advantage of the rooftop sundecks to eat our meals and relax in our large group. Exploiting the in room winery tasting/tour coupon is a must. We learned a great deal on the tour from vines to barrel to bottle and the finer points in tasting. Horseback trail ride was a nice treat for the kids. We will be back again next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4.5-star Spirit Ridge at Nk'Mip Resort celebrates its natural desert cultural landscape.Our accommodation is a 226-condominium 1, 2 & 3-bedroom style hotel nestled between Anarchist Mountain and Lake Osoyoos. Situated on Osoyoos Indian Band land, we celebrate our resort partner's amenities and destination attractions. The Nk'Mip Desert Cultural Centre is a hub of information on the Okanagan people where you can immerse yourself in Aboriginal Events and cultural ceremonies. The Nk'Mip Cellars are an award-winning vineyard and winery, right on the Resort. They provide in depth tours and daily wine tastings. Just down the hill is the Nk'Mip RV Park and Campground, a year-round heated playground for an active Snowbird Community. In the summer, there is a Cantina on the Lake where you can take a water taxi across to town - or invite friends to you. The challenging 9-hole Sonora Dunes golf course has a clubhouse (opening year-round shortly) and Pro Shop. The view from the tee boxes envelop the backdrop of the rugged mountain, the Lake below and a beautiful scene of the Spirit Ridge adobe-style buildings dotted with wrought iron icons, native to the area. We have a full service spa on site Solterra Desert Spa who are open year-round, waiting to pamper locals and visitors alike. Our resort weddings are becoming legendary. Photo opportunities exist from every viewpoint with the spectacular vineyard stretching out like arms to the sun, up the hill. Meander between wild desert sage, catch a glimpse of a wild herd of horses, laze in one of our outdoor pools or hot tub and wonder, "why didn't I get here sooner". Experience Nk'Mip hospitality at it's best! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Spirit Ridge at NK'MIP Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spirit Ridge Vineyard Hotel Osoyoos
- Spirit Ridge Vineyard Resort And Spa
- Spirit Ridge Vineyard Osoyoos
- Spirit Ridge Osoyoos