“Great place to stay during Winefest”

Spirit Ridge at NK'MIP Resort
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Osoyoos
GreenLeadersBronze level
victoria
“Great place to stay during Winefest”
Reviewed October 19, 2011

This resort added to our Okanagan Winefest vacation. The views from our room were spectacular - vineyards, the lake, and sunsets and the staff were very helpful and knowledgeable about the area. We have stayed here many times and we look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed October 13, 2011

The views were amazing, the in-house restaurant was an incredible treat and surprise! The rooms were well kept and up to date. The only amenity missing in the rooms would be in suite washers and dryers. And my only other suggestion…don’t take the wine you find in the room…walk the few meters to the wine shop and buy the same btl. for half the price! Other than that, I would give Spirit Ridge 4 out 5!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank minus30
Wetaskiwin, Canada
Reviewed October 13, 2011

My husband and I had nk'mip Pinot Noir on our first date in Edmonton. Later on in our relationship my husband booked a weekend at Spirit Ridge (our first time there), and proposed to me at the vineyard of that wine we had our first date. It was a beautiful place to get engaged.

We have stayed at Spirit Ridge a number of times. The first time was pretty good. We had one of the deluxe lake view rooms - which was very dirty with un-cleaned kitchen utensils and construction mess. They had given us a voucher for another visit to make up for the mess. On top of that there was a wedding going on and the noise didn't end until 5am. That aside.. the room is really nice.

We stayed again and this room was just as messy - and this time there were a lot of drunk people all over the resort being loud idiots. This time management didn't seem to care too much.

We stayed once more and the place had pretty much turned into a reckless party resort. That was the last time we went there.

Other than that though.. the property is beautiful.. the wine is great and the rooms are really nice when they are clean. The restaurant is a bunch of staff with their noses stuck up and small portions. So we eat elsewhere or cook our own.

It's a shame that they let security slide like that and allowed such a nice place go to crap with all the drunk and noise.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ashleigh B
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed October 10, 2011

I was part of a group spending two nights at this resort. Group rate price was terrific and overall our stay was a great value and very enjoyable. Accommodation was very nice - one bedroom suite was spacious, clean and well-equipped. The small fitness centre under the restaurant is marginal at best, the main fitness centre is OK but seems small for a "lifestyle" resort. Small things were annoying: alarm clock in bedroom didn't work at all, the clock in kitchen was "pres-set at factory" so could not be adjusted to local time and was about 3 hours out, and the safe was locked (by previous guest?). These issues could be checked and rectified by your housekeeping staff. The included wi-fi interent was very slow, but at least it was free and adequate for checking-mails, however it was defintely not up to included internet services I've experienced at other hotel chains, e.g., Hilton Garden Inn, Kimption, etc. Restaurant food was OK (group dinner) but nothing special and certianly not a reasonable value. All that said, I would still recommend to friends . . . at the right cost.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed October 7, 2011

I stayed in Osoyoos at Spirit Ridge Vineyard Resort and Spa in September 2011. The weather was perfect the whole time! This place is absolutely gorgeous. Spirit Ridge is the perfect place to stay while in Osoyoos. The view from the roof is incredible. The rooms themselves are very clean and comfortable - and very luxurious. I stayed in a two bedroom suite with a fully equipped kitchen. I stayed with friends, but it is also the perfect place for a family to stay while exploring the area. The food in the restaurants is excellent and the staff is very friendly. I can't say enough good things about this resort. The vineyard is great too, but there are many other ones to explore in the area. My friends and I spent a day just visiting different vineyards and tasting wine. It was the best day!!! The pools were a great place to relax with great views of the town too, but we barely had time to enjoy them since w were busy exploring the area. You should go - you will not regret it. The only complaint for me is that my visit was too short :-( I hope to go back very soon!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gogi2011
SpiritRidgeResort, Rooms Division Manager at Spirit Ridge at NK'MIP Resort, responded to this review, October 9, 2011
Thank you for your review of Spirit Ridge Vineyard Resort and Spa!

Our Resort is extremely unique in terms of it's offerings. When you return, make sure to check out the Nk'Mip Desert Cultural Centre or the Sonora Dunes Golf Course. Either one will show you a different side of the experience.

We're happy you enjoyed your visit and shared you experience with the TripAdvisor community. Once again, Thank You.

Kindest Regards,
Florida
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Stayed one night while on a wine tour of the valley. Room was nice, clean, spacious and good view from balcony. General area is more like a ski lodge with lots of nicks, scratches, kids running from pools etc. Ate at restaurant and meal was pretty good , not outstanding as my steak was tough but others enjoyed lamb and fish. Waiter was great and put on to some good wine.
Overall great for families but as a couple it is not a quiet getaway.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Golferboy18
Thank you for your review.

We are happy to read that overall you enjoyed the Resort. Thousands of visitors to the area choose Spirit Ridge for its high-end luxury accommodations and its perfect location amongst vineyards overlooking beautiful Lake Osoyoos. There may be some wear with so many travelers coming to the resort, thankfully we have a dedicated team to look after those areas on a scheduled basis.

I have shared your compliments with our sommelier. We all wish to thank you for sharing your review with us and hope to welcome you back to Spirit Ridge in the near future.

Yours sincerely,
Surrey
Reviewed September 28, 2011

We returned to Spirit Ridge after our visit last year. We found the customer service to be unhelpful but we thought we would give it a try again because we enjoyed the resort amenties. But this time it was no different. Firstly, I requested the same room we had last year and was told it was booked. But we could have something similar. But we got a unit that was 1/4 of the size, a view of the PARKING LOT. I called the front desk and asked for a room change and was told that there was no rooms available and the clerk hung up. I didn't want to start an argument, so I left it and took her word for it. Over the 3 days of our days, the resort was completely dead. There was plenty of rooms available. The next day, I did go to the front desk to ask about some amenties and I mentioned that I wasn't satisfied with the room. And the front desk was not interested in what I was saying and starting talking to another guest. We also went to the guest services numerous times and there was no one working at the office. I have always said to my boyfriend that I want to get married at Spirit Ridge but after this experience, I would not trust my special day with the team at Spirit Ridge. If it wasn't for the wonderful company of my boyfriend, I would rated this experience very poor. Also on a side note, the restaurant staff aren't very well trained. I asked for no peas in my meal and the server told me that was impossible. I had to ask her to go check with the chef and she wasn't happy with my request. She returned and said "the chef will make an exception" Yes, for $27 for an entree you better make the exception!

In summary, the resort needs to do more training and teach their staff it is about customer experience and LISTEN to their guests.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Karen M
Thank you for your review.

We're sorry to hear the your stay was not up to par with your expectations. We do offer a wide variety of room types and can make suggestions as to which will have the better views and larger square footage. We accept special requests and more often then not we are able to honour them.

Your feedback is very valuable to us and we do appreciate the time you have taken to express your concerns. I invite you to contact me directly to discuss the details of your stay further.

Best regards,