“Pretty basic, beware the pool.”

Coast Osoyoos Beach Hotel
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Osoyoos
Maple Ridge
“Pretty basic, beware the pool.”
Reviewed March 22, 2009

We were on a road trip with friends and decided to stay the night in Osoyoos. We picked the Coast as we had two 10 year olds with us and they wanted a hotel with a water slide.

The room were pretty basic. They had that old "motel smell" in them. You know, that musky, kind of stale odor. It was obviously dated. I forgot to bring slippers which was a mistake as the carpet felt pretty gummy to my bare feet. Also noticed the towels and bedding had that industrial detergent odor to them.

As I said, the main reason why we stayed here was the water slide. However, after 15 minutes in the water, my son was complaining that he was having trouble breathing. Indeed, I noticed myself that the smell of chlorine was pretty heavy in the pool area, so we left. Later on that night, my son developed a bit of a rash on his stomache, which he has never had before.

I guess the biggest problem, which isn't neccessarily the hotels fault, was we stayed at the same time 3 other minor hockey teams did. So we had people walking back and forth until 1:00 am and then people getting up at 6:00am. My biggest compaint is that I shouldn'e be able to hear my neighbours upstairs and next door walking around in their room, opening and closing door and drawers. But I guess that speaks to the high quality construction of the hotel.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank PoCo_Willie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
BC
Reviewed July 27, 2008

Altough the Coast is known often for top notch rooms, this one was basic as I find is normal in Osoyoos. Ive come here since I was a kid and the hotels/motels were not much to write home about but you dont come here to stay indoors. The room was average but we had a room on the 100 level and it was just STEPS from the beach and with a great view! If we forgot something it was a few steps away to go get it from our sliding glass doors and shared balconies. They kept the grounds very clean and the beach was the best one on the strip. The air con PUMPED and if you had it on too hight youd come into a fridge! We had a kitchenette which was handy if you have kids.
All in all Id come back although I found the price a it high for what you got.

• Liked — The view and access to beach
  • Disliked — check in time is 3pm and we arrived at 12 and had to wait.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ontario
Reviewed December 28, 2007

Coast Osoyoos Beach Hotel is just a basic hotel - it has all the amenities and is in a pretty good location but it lacks charm. The bathroom is a decent size, the bed is comfortable but the room we had was very small. It did have a balcony though which overlooked the beach. We were there in October - perhaps it is more exciting in the summer when the beach is more popular. Breakfast isn't included but they offer a continental breakfast for cheap. There is a pool and whirlpool which is decent. We didn't have any complaints about the hotel - we just expected it would be a bit more charming judging by the website. But overall, it is a decent place for a decent price.

Victoria
Reviewed August 1, 2006

I booked online two months in advance. I also phoned and talked personally to an employee re: the room I was booking online. One bedroom suite, facing the lake, $199/night. The employee told me I should book online, because it was a better price. The night before arrival, I phoned directly to the hotel to check on my reservation. I was told I was booked into a two queen room..no bedroom. This option had been available online, but was only $169. I said this would be fine, but I would not pay $199 for a room that was advertised online for $169.
Upon arrival, we were given a fairly large, two queen bed room. Nice and clean, BUT not facing the lake. On the contrary, it looked over the parking lot, and the indoor pool....with screaming noise until 9:30 at night. Totally disappointed, I asked if there was another room. I was told most people book much farther in advance. I find it hard to believe all the guests had booked before I had, two months earlier. I couldn't help but feel I had been given the undesirable room because of my refusal to pay more than $169.
Osoyoos was great, and our stay would have been flawless, had we had a room on the lakeside, where we could actually put our swimming clothes somewhere to dry from one day to the next.
If you book online, make sure you verify in person...
I will go back to Osoyoos, but would not give that Super8 another penny of my money. Next time it will be at the Holiday Inn.

• Liked — conveniently located
  • Disliked — not the room I booked two months earlier
  • Tips/Secrets — contact in person, ask for lakeside and make sure you get it
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Janey51
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 31, 2005

We stayed at the Super 8 on our way through the Okanagan. The drive to and from Osoyoos was breathtaking, very interesting landscape. This motel was extremely clean and well cared for. The best thing was that it was right on the beach, which was also well maintained. It was so great to have the water just a few feet away.. very cool. They also serve a breakfast buffet, which is nice. The only complaints would be that the parking lot was congested and our toilet needed a plunger, which the front attendant said happened often.

• Stayed August 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 26, 2005

Stayed at the Super 8 Osoyoos for 1 night with our 2+ month old infant. We were pleasantly surprised with this "Motel". Rooms were clean and tidy (the entire property was well-maintained). We got a standard room and were blown away with the lake-front view from our balcony - literally 10 steps to the water! The view was spectacular.

If you are travelling to or through Osoyoos, this is the place to stay. Complimentary breakfast in the morning is a nice touch too!

• Stayed September 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Westcoast_Girl
Reviewed May 24, 2005

I just got back from a long weekend in the BC interior and we booked the Super 8 in Osoyoos because it was the highest rated and also a great rate (80 CDN plus tax). My boyfriend and I arrived on Friday night at 9 pm and check in was a breeze. The hotel is newly renovated and looked it - nice lobby, great stonework on the outside of the motel, and it has a pool and complimentary breakfast as well.

The rooms were not big, but extremely clean and neat, and nicely updated. We has a queen bed, but there was also a pull out couch as well so that was nice in case we needed it. Our room looked directly onto the lake. We woke up to glorious sunshine, lakefront views and stunning mountains in the background. WOW! We had a mini fridge too which was nice.

We only stayed for one night and then moved on to Nelson, BC and Penticton BC - and the Super 8 was still the best place to stay of the three (and the cheapest!)

The only downside was that the deck from our sliding glass doors (not everyone is on this side of the motel, but we were) is a common one, so people can walk along its entirety, so if you are laying in your bed with the curtains open, anyone can walk by. Not a big deal for us, but just so you know. Not one person did walk by ours during our stay. The fact that we were feet from the lake on that balcony made up for it!

If I am ever back in Osoyoos, I will definitely book again at the Super 8. A wonderful stay.

• Stayed May 2005