“A great place right near the water” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Destiny Beach Resort

and 1 more site!
Ranked #24 of 26 Hotels in Osoyoos
Vancouver, Canada
“A great place right near the water”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

We stayed here for two nights. The place we had overlooked the water from the top floor. Great space, kitchen, lots of space, two couches, good bed. It was off season, so very quiet and there were no kids running around. There was a pool, but closed for the winter. I think this place is a kid place for summer, so best avoided if you're not looking for that. Very friendly manager too.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kevin B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Burnaby, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Mid-August I booked a 7 night stay for the first week in September, but a week after making the reservation my husband found out he couldn't take the whole week off and had to be back at the office. This was a week prior to our departure for Osoyoos, so I called the hotel and told Monica (the office manager) that we had to change our reservation to 2 nights only. She said she made the change, but I should call Bookings.com through which I made the reservation and inform them about the change. I did that and the cust. service guy told me he spoke with Monica who told him she was going to charge us for the whole 7 nights reservation. I was in shock, never heard of such a ridiculous thing. I gave her a week's time notice of the change, besides their written reservation cancellation/change policy which I received by email never mentioned this. I had a bad feeling when talking with Monica, she became irritated the moment I told her about the change, but I didn't expect such nonsense. I decided to cancel the whole thing and pay the $199 cancellation fee, rather than pay 7 nights while staying only 2. I'm glad we're not going to stay at this hotel, god knows what other surprises they might offer. I've changed hotel reservations many times in the past, due to family or work constraints, but this is the first time I encounter such a situation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Mamy1867

Travelers are raving about these Osoyoos hotels

Richmond, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

...is how I would describe this motel. The owners were very friendly and pleasant. I loved the "towel exchange" program but wish it was at any hour instead of just between 10am and 2pm since were were not always around at that time. This is a family oriented motel; pool closed at 9pm so no rowdiness which was appreciated since my bed was about 20 feet from the pool. We did have a toddler with us though so had to keep a very watchful eye on him when the room door was open and and we were so near the pool gate. Would have liked to see a better re-cycling program since they only recycle bottles and cans. I hate to see plastic going into the landfill. The couple working there this summer, Wesley and Chloe, were polite and helpful. All in all we had a lovely holiday and will stay there again if we revisit Osoyoos.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

This resort is perfect if you like being on the beach, meeting other people and being close to wineries. I stayed here at the end of July with my disabled husband. Chris, the owner was very helpful as were many of the people staying here. The decor isn't luxurious but everything is clean and very well maintained. Everyone staying here was friendly and had well-mannered children. Our time here was the highlight of our vacation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

We were looking for a quiet place to start a 10-day trip in BC, close to the WA state border, and couldn't have chosen better than the Destiny Beach. Because we needed to ensure wheelchair accessibility, I exchanged several emails with the caretaker in mid-winter; as it was described, the room wasn't perfectly to ADA code, but with the willing assistance of Chris, the owner, and Wesley, the chap at reception, we were able to place our own bathroom gear without any problem.

The property is right on the lake, with a little dock and beach, a modest lawn for kids to play on, a terrace with tables and chairs for picnicking, BBQs, and a sweet gazebo for gazing at the water at sunset. Our unit had a full stove and fridge, assorted dishes & pans, as well as a separate room with bunk beds and a futon: great for families. There's also a small swimming pool, but we preferred exploring the area's wineries!

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper level will look out above roof tops at the lake and countryside. There's a co...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Catzeyes
Whitehorse, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2011

My family stayed at the Destiny Beach Motel for almost a week. The facility is "well used" but everything worked, it was very clean, well equipped and the staff were helpful. I found their rates reasonable so it was a good trade-off. The staff and other guests were friendly and the place cultivated a warm inviting kid-friendly environment. I was charged for my entire stay 2 weeks in advance of checking-in which I found unsettling. I would stay again but I would query the advance payment; we were outside of the high-season and doesn't follow their posted reservation/cancellation policy.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DestinyBeachResort, Manager at Destiny Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Hello Yukon Cala Lily,

Thanks for taking the time in posting your comments regarding your stay with us this summer.
To answer your query about being "charged for your entire 2 week stay in advance of checking in" allow me to explain.
When guests reserve space with 3rd party websites such as Booking.com we collect the entire amount of the booking when we receive the reservation.
Should a guest have to cancel their stay we refund all funds save the one night's non-refundable deposit.
When guests reserve their stay "directly" with us we secure the "one" nights deposit with the remainder due at time of check in.
Have no fear, had you had to cancel we would have supplied you with a refund save the one nights non-refundable deposit.
Thanks again for taking the time in posting your comments.

Regards,

Chris n' Trish Arbique
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2011

We stayed here in August and had a great time! The room was very clean when we arrived and the grounds were kept clean :)

Yes the furniture isn't all matched but it's not like the springs are poking out or anything.

Chris and Trish are very nice people & easy to talk to! All of the staff were very nice and always willing to assist you in whatever you might need.

Overall this is a very.. I would call it "cute" resort and a perfect place to just relax. I liked the atmosphere and would definitely recommend it and go back! :)

• Stayed August 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DestinyBeachResort, Manager at Destiny Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 6, 2011
Greetings "Not My Robot,"

Thanks for taking the time in posting your comments and highlighting information that we are a cute little property. We know the property is an older one and are working diligently to ensure "it" and our customer service standards maintain a course in "always" improving.

Chris n' Trish Arbique