“Better than expected and a great diversion for beach tourists” 5 of 5 bubbles

Rattlesnake Canyon
Ranked #7 of 44 things to do in Osoyoos
Osoyoos, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Better than expected and a great diversion for beach tourists”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

I have lived in this town for 20 years and I saw the Rattlesnake Canyon facility being built, and seen it grow and quickly be established over the last 10 years, yet due to running a summer business as well, never had a chance to actually go to this amusement park. (By the time we had time it was Labor Day and they were closed for the season!). I have to say I had ideas in my mind of a simple bare-bones mini golf, some go carts on a plain track and and a few carnival rides you see at a kiddie carnival. I walked in and was immediately totally impressed with the beautiful pavings and interesting decorations, super clean grounds. Nothing like it anywhere in the South Okanagan. There is a lovely, very fun and challenging mini-golf, it had all new carpet greens apparently. Also the park has a "western" theme, with and all the other little extra decor that goes with that. I did not try the go-carts myself, but the people I was with had a fun ride, which was not just flat, it was up and down hill as well. The small kids we brought along loved the bungee jump ride, and the spinning (teacup?) ride. The teens liked the pond with bumper boats, where you bob around in a big pool of water and ram and spray each other. The ice cream parlor is unique in that it is inside a large windmill, and although crowded, and a bit of a wait to get to the front of the line, the ice cream servings were very generous. I do not think its too expensive, when you consider to enter the grounds is free, and you can hang out inside the park all you want, and you only have to spend money on rides if you wish to. The nightime really glitters there, because the park is totally lit up, with it being open till 11 pm PS -it's fun for teens to hang out at that time especially. The only thing I have to complain about is they need an extra bathroom - I had to wait forever to use one of the two single-user bathrooms, and those bathrooms had a lineup of uncomfortable looking people waiting. If you are a tourist staying in Osoyoos for a week, I recommend going to Rattlesnake Canyoun at least once during your stay, and if you want rides and ice cream plan to spend about $30 per person and you will have a fun time! Note: If you purchase before 6 pm, you can get a set of 5 kids ride tickets, for $20 which is a savings compared to buying them individually.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank osoyooslife

• Korean first
kelowna
90 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 163 helpful votes
“Great family fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Had a fantastic day visit with our kids this summer. Bought the before 6 pm combo pkg which is the best deal for sure. Go during the day and save big time. Amazing mini golf facility and awesome go carts too.

Fernie, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great place to entertain a varied group of visitors”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

On a recent stay in the Best Western Plus in Osoyoos we found ourselves placed next door to Rattlesnake Canyon. The 3 teens pestered us to take them and we managed to hold them off for a little while before giving in. I agree with the last reviewer, it is expensive but the place is well kept and there is a lot to do in a small space. We enjoyed the go Karts along with all the other people there but the best and most econimical was the mini golf, what a great way to pass a few hours in the sun and shade, the course is immaculate, well kept and kept our group entertained for a whole morning, my recommendation is to go early as it gets really busy!

St. Albert, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Very good but expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

Our 4 and 6 year olds loved all the rides but I found it extremely expensive for such a small park (total of 4-5 rides) - it cost more than the Calgary Stampede - close to $60. It is less expensive during the day if you can stand the heat. Worth doing since there is not much going on for kids in Osoyoos.

Richmond, Canada
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Ice Cream!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

We ate ice cream here twice. The servings are enormous and there were about 50 flavours to choose from! We also played mini-golf here which was fun!