“Stay away from this place if you want to eat a decent meal.”
Review of Breeze Bar and Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Breeze Bar and Grill
Reviewed September 22, 2011

We visited the Breeze on a Sunday night in early September looking forward to a pleasant meal after a long hot day in the Okanagan sunshine.
Unfortunately the food which I received was far short of even average standard. I ordered a medium rare steak with the usual vegetables, when this arrived the steak was cooked o.k. but the vegetables were virtually stone cold. I asked our server to have them re-heated but when the food came back the vegetables were still in the same cold condition and the steak was now well done.
Asked to speak to the manager who agreed that the vegetables were cold and said that I could change my order and she suggested that I have the fish and chips which she recommended and despite my wife being almost finished eating her meal I ordered this food.
This in turn was poor fare, the fish was smothered in a very thick coat of batter which was totally inedible. The whole experience in the Breeze was most unsatisyfing, as apart from the bad food on offer, the time spent reheating and then reordering my food led to a situation in which my wife and were not able to eat together.
Apart from an offer of a free glass of wine for myself no other attempt was made to make any further compensation for this debacle and we were charged the full price for what we eventually received.
My advice-- stay as far away from this establishment as possible if you happen to visit the very nice town of Osoyoos.

1  Thank slig0r0ver

Reviewed September 12, 2011

We ate dinner the first night and had a great waitress who treated us very well and was very efficient with our food and drinks. The appy we ordered to share the first night was also good - not excellent, but was adequate. We enjoyed the view and service so much that we went back the next night - TOTALLY different story!

Our waitress was not a happy person - had to get our own menus and then took her forever to take our order. Other tables in our area were not too pleased either. For some reason the second night the kitchen was also very slow getting the food out. My husband asked for the same beer as he had the first night and the waitress said " we don't have that beer here" - didn't bother to ask inside or anything to check if they now carried it.
We couldn't get her attention to order 2nd drinks so my husband went inside to another waitress so we could pay and leave. Was a totally different atmosphere out on the patio the 2nd evening. Should have read the reviews first I guess.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

We ate at the Breeze Bar and Grill twice while in Osoyoos. Dining outside on the patio was delightful. The food was above average, the view is wonderful and the servers were friendly and efficient.

Reviewed August 22, 2011

Overall this was a letdown. On the positive side, the views from the patio are nice and the drinks were reasonably priced which is a rarity in BC. However, the negatives were many. The food was definitely overpriced and the service was marginal. We waited an hour for our appetizers (how long does it take to make a garden salad?) and then they came barely minutes before the mains. Both our mains were poorly prepared, with undercooked risotto, flaccid tasteless vegetables (obviously frozen, in a part of the world that has fantastic local produce), and linguini that barely edged out Chef Boyardee. When they charge over 20 for a main and half the food on the plate is inedible, I feel ripped off.
The staff were friendly enough but not terribly knowledgeable or attentive. I would describe this as a bar that serves food; come for the drinks and view if you want but steer clear of the pricier main dishes for sure. Described in a local magazine as a place that serves fine dining at reasonable prices, we left feeling that the exact opposite was true.

3  Thank BrucinskiSaoPaulo
Reviewed August 19, 2011

My boyfriend and I had an early dinner there before driving back to Vancouver on the BC day long weekend. It wasn't a busy night for the restaurant yet we waited about 20 minutes before someone took our order. We were about to decide to leave when a waitress came over and said she thought that another server was going to take our order but that server got carried away chit-chatting in the kitchen(?!).

Food finally arrived and it wasn't anything special. Servers didn't act like they didn't want to be there. Not coming back again. Too bad, the patio seating with the view of the lake would've been nice if it came with better restaurant service.

1  Thank JasmineRice