“Love the horse back riding and the mountain scenery.”
Review of Satary Stables - CLOSED

Satary Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: Please be advised that Satary Stables is no longer offering Trail Rides or Petting Zoo Tours due to retirement. We still offer Horse Boarding & Dog/Cat Kennels and Cherry picking in early July. We send our Thanks to all our customers that shared the good life of riding the trails with us and visiting all our barnyard friends that were loved at our Petting Zoo. We miss our customers so very much. Our Ranch is for sale so is available to the next lucky person to own this lovely 10 acres.
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We just got back from a day at Satary. I would definetly go back again. Everyone there was quite friendly and very helpful (a fuse blew in our car and they helped us figure out the problem and recommended a place in town to buy a new one). We had time to kill before our ride so we decided to first check out the petting zoo and then pick some cherries from their orchard to snack on.
I would skip the petting zoo. It was $25/family and we didn't get to pet many animals. Luckily because it was only two of us they charged us only $13 and I thought that was fair but still not worth the money. I wouldn't do that again. If you are in the area and want a fantastic petting zoo, go to Farmer John's petting zoo in Keremeos. That place is amazing and you have all the time you want to play with many different animals. And at Farmer John's you can actually pet and feed the many different animals.
The cherries we picked were $2 a pound (great price) and the owner helped us pick some good ones. She was very friendly and helpful. She also stored our cherries for us while went went riding so that they wouldn't spoil in our hot car,
Once we got on our horses (I rode Billy Bob, a nice easy horse, and my friend rode Buddy, a very slow and steady horse....good for first timers or kids). It cost $40/person for a one hour ride up the mountain on a desert trail. Our guide was a young woman who was very knowledgeable and easy going. She pointed out many sights and knew the local flora and fauna. She was great. My friend lost her cell phone somewhere on the ride and she was kind enough to go back with us and spend a little extra time to try and locate it. We found it later.
I would go back to this stable again for a ride or for fruit picking. It was a great day.

1  Thank Luvmonkey9
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

It was Unfortunate that "Love the horse back riding and the mountain scenery" visitors had a bad experience at our Ranch, we had students in training taking out Petting Zoo Tours in the first week of July and perhaps the individual that was taking this particular tour was lacking in our usual enthusiasm and history of our animals along with entering ALL our enclosures and able to pet ALL our people friendly animals and fowl.
We have had 100% happy families up to this point and strive to keep it up, which is easy for us as we love what we are doing and our animals know they are loved and cared for.

We are more than willing to refund your reduced rate for the admittance, wish you would have contacted us and given us a chance to rectify your experience while visiting us.

On a happier note we are so glad you enjoyed the Trail Ride and we were happy to have helped you out with your car problem and help pick Cherries.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

I have to confess a bit of nervousness each time I get on a horse but Arlene & Richard's horses have a great disposition and I was very comfortable during our hour long ride up through the hills behind their Osoyoos property. We twisted and turned through some desert trails on the accent, Arlene pointing out historical mines and other interesting facts as we went. The view of Osoyoos, the vineyards, the US border crossing and the lakes from atop the mountains were spectacular and well worth the angst that I experienced in the first few minutes. At $40 for an hour long ride, it is very good value and a great thing to do when in the southern Okanagan!

2  Thank Jade335
Reviewed October 22, 2011

my kids just loved it here. many animals to interact with. Arlene is a wonderful host. a real working ranch, great experience. highly recommend for families.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

Probably the best experience during our family vacation. We decided to go trail riding in the desert. Our kids though weren't quite big enough (8 and 11) to go out on trails so they stayed on the farm and rode horses in the stable areas, played in the Teepee (which can you sleep overnight in apparently), and tasted fresh organic corn and tomatoes which they loved. Meanwhile the wife and I (who have not been on horseback for 30 years or so), mounted and sauntered off into the desert with a lead hand/horse from the Stables to guide us. We went on a 1 hour trail loop into the desert, actually right up to the U.S border (an old fence), and then back to the stables. The horses were easy to lead (most of the time) and the ride was very easy and enjoyable.

2  Thank Stressedtechie