“Highly Recommended”

Wine Tours Gone South
Ranked #2 of 16 Food & Drink in Osoyoos
More attraction details
Owner description: A wine tour designed with you in mind!
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Natasha toured six of us through six wineries in the Oliver/Osoyoos region. What an awesome day. Despite being very familiar with the region she took us to boutique wineries that we never would have gone to. They were all fantastic.

She arrived right on time, looked after sorting and loading all of our purchases and provided insight to the region and the wineries that we visited. A first class day. We will definitely give her a call for our next trip.

2  Thank Dave O
There are newer reviews for Wine Tours Gone South

Reviewed October 5, 2013

My boyfriend and I booked this wine tour after reading reviews online. Natasha's reviews were excellent and she definitely lived up to them! We described ourselves as "not wine drinkers" and told her we just there to have fun. Not only did we have a blast, but Natasha personalized the tour for us, picking wineries with sweeter wines for us beginners. We managed to leave the tour with two cases of wine and a good buzz. We will definitely do a wine tour gone south again!

1  Thank cynthialeigh
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Despite being an avid wine fan, and not too far away, this was my first trip to Osoyoos for a wine week away. We had a great time! Four of us took a full day tour. We were picked up at 10am and didn't get home until 7pm, it was a full day of wine. We hit 8 wineries with lunch in between. Natasha was able to show us some amazing boutique/unique wineries that we may never have given a chance. The tour itself was great as we were able to get to know people and we didn't have to drive. A few of the stops rushed the tastings a bit, but all were incredibly generous in their pours and willingness to let us taste everything. This is a great way to see the vineyards in a safe way and informational way. Great service, would do it again!

2  Thank tiredtravellerCanada
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We really enjoyed our 1/2 day tour with Natasha. She arrived promptly at 10 and every place we visited had a unique quality and personality! We especially liked that many of the wineries we visited had the winemakers/owners present. Natasha also provided knowledgeable information about the region/wineries as well. We would highly recommend Natasha and Wine Tours Gone South!

1  Thank starflight08
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Many tourists often forget about perks of actually doing tours. My family and I had wine toured in the Okanagan before with quite a bit of success and a good time We often enlisted some poor willing boyfriend of mine to do all the driving. This visit however, not only was our group larger than a cars worth, but I was single, and other options had to be found...to our rescue came Natasha and her Wine Tours Gone South van!

I think in an effort to save money many people these days forego the tour guide in favour of attempting a do-it yourself adventure. I'm here to say that going out with a local, who was professional and super fun, more than improved the experience. The tour was so good that even my bumbering*-obessed Scottish-bred father was able to admit the tour was worth the price!

Natasha is very careful to maintain and treasure great relationships with the local wine makers in a way that someone who only visits once per year (and rarely the same winery twice) can never hope to achieve. Going out with Natasha, you learn more about the people behind the wine and get to see a more genuine side to winemaking. Like feeling like a local when you travel? This is how you do it.

While my group were down for a very tongue-in-cheek, rowdy good time, Natasha gave me the impression that she has seen it all and has a plan for everything. My advice, let her decide where to take you, give her feedback at each stop, then sit back and let her do what she does.

One downside to this tour could be that a lunch/food break was not built into the tour schedule. Drinking all day can for sure have a toll. I'm not sure if that's because we didn't request it though...

To sum it up, my group had a great time with Wine Tours Gone South. If you're going to do a wine tour, do this one. If you weren't going to do a wine tour... scrap that plan and do this one!

Some basic info:
- the van is great for a bigger group, riding together where no one has to drive was a great bonding experience
- the day we went we were actually turned away by other wine tours due to a local event - Natasha said no problem..and it really was no problem!
- her van is also great for storing purchases, she was very diligent about providing each participant with their own box for storage in the back of the van

*bumbering - a form of tourism in which paid attractions are ignored in favour of similar free attractions. Often involves a "do-it yourself" attitude to being a tourist.

2  Thank Rebecca M