“Great Day, Wonderful Guide”

Desert Country Wine Tours
Ranked #3 of 19 Food & Drink in Osoyoos
Reviewed March 19, 2014

This review is a bit late as we took the trip last October for Thanksgiving. There were 6 of us (3 couples) so Kent gave us a prviate tour. We went in the afternoon, and did a good handful of vineyards - a mixture of some names I gave him as well as some of his favorite spots. They were all beautiful picks! We bought lots of wine and got to see the beautiful scenery and learned more about the area and drank lots of wine! One of the girls just starting her first trimester when we got to Osoyoos and she wasn't drinking wine, so Kent offered to give us a discounted rate which was just super of him. Also, our friend left his jacket behind and Kent came back to drop it off the next day even though it was a holiday and his son was in town visiting. Would highly recommend this tour company!

kent35, Owner at Desert Country Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review my company, I'm glad you folks had a great time & enjoyed your visit to our beautiful Valley.

If your ever out this way again, I'm sure we can find a few more excellent South Okanagan wines to sample.

I enjoyed the afternoon with your " fun group " & the wineries always tell me how much they appreciate your support.

All reviews
"introduction"
"platinum"
"boxes"

Reviewed February 22, 2014

My husband and I have done 2 wine tours with Kent. The first in April 2012 and 2nd in April 2013. Both tours were amazing and private, we thoroughly enjoyed having just the two of us and Kent and not being crammed into a mini bus with 12 other people like we saw other guests arriving from. Not only did we see some of the bigger more well know wineries with gorgeous facilities but Kent also took us to some smaller family run places we never would have found ourselves.
We have since been ordering wine by the case from some of the wineries he took us too, and Hester Creek has become a favorite.
We will be coming to Osoyoos again this April and will most likely book another tour with Desert Country Wine Tours.

1  Thank mmarche
kent35, Owner at Desert Country Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

I look forward to helping you both discover some more of our fabulous South Okanagan Wines.

Thanks for your kind words , they mean a lot to me, I appreciate your continuing support and look forward to offering you both an ongoing & fun wine touring experience .

Reviewed November 24, 2013

We booked our tour AFTER Kent had shut down for the season. He was just about to "moth ball" his van for the season but took us out anyway. We had fun, learned a lot about the area and felt welcome at the vineyards we visited. His recommendation of 2 smaller vineyards to visit the next day in Naramata were excellent. We highly recommend him for his knowledge of the area and vineyards, his interest in his clients and his attention to detail.

kent35, Owner at Desert Country Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Yes it was another great day in the South Okanagan, having the wineries to ourselves was a extra special, & once again thank's to Manny at Tinhorn's Miradora Restaurant for giving us a table with an amazing view & another fabulous lunch .

I'm glad you enjoyed your afternoon, I enjoyed your company & it' always fun touring this fabulous wine region.

Thank you for taking the time to review my company Desert Country Wine Tours, as a small business owner reviews like yours mean so much !!

I look forward to offering you another tour when your out this way again, & I'm pretty sure we can find some more tasty wines for you to savour & take back to Toronto...

All The Best in the New Year
Owner

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We booked a day begore the tour and were added to a group of 6 that was already booked for the day. Kent helped us get acquainted with the group and we had an excellent day. We saw 6 wineries and Kent made the visits more interesting by giving us additional information on the owners, process, etc. Highly recommended.

kent35, Owner at Desert Country Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Yes it was a fun afternoon , Thanks also should out to the staff at Miradora Restaurant , Manny , Reana & staff who once again, made our lunch a wonderful experience for our group of nine.

Thank you also for taking the time to review my company Desert Country Wine Tours.

I look forward to offering you both another fun winery tour in our beautiful South Okanagan Valley

Osoyoos BC

See more reviews
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We booked with Kent without knowing much about him, but he was wonderful. He picked us up at our hotel right on time. He gave us some history of the area, some knowledge of growing grapes and the wine making process. He took us to some great wineries, although he started by asking if we had any preferences and was very patient with us as we tested and shopped. He booked an excellent restaurant for lunch and again was patient while we ate and drank and chatted with everyone on our tour.

I would highly recommend Kent and Desert Country Wine Tours! He gave excellent value for our dollar, and his prices are very reasonable.

kent35, Owner at Desert Country Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

Thank you Leighton, Bev ,Don & Laura ;
Glad you enjoyed your day !! Thank -you for taking the time to review my business, reviews like yours mean so much to small business.

I look forward to the opportunity to offer you & your friends another tour in our Beautiful South Okanagan Valley & I'm pretty sure we can find a couple more wines for you to try :) !!