“Visit the mckias website”
Review of McKia's

McKia's
Ranked #16 of 58 Restaurants in Osoyoos
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 27, 2012

To find out more about this restaurant go to http://www.mckias.com Great food at a great price. Located next to the Best Western.

2  Thank Stephen B

Reviewed November 26, 2011

I love the food here - we've followed Kirby and his cooking everywhere he has worked(especially his halibut and chips) Since he opened this new restaurant, it's been busy and we've always given the benefit of the doubt for it being "new" and working out the kinks when we've had slow service. Tonight my husband and I went, sat down and waited 18 minutes without anybody coming to our table !!! Service is generally quite slow but tonight nobody cared at all - we watched the staff moving all around and still couldn't get any service so we left. I felt bad for the elderly couple going in as we left !! I'm not sure we'll go back after this.....it was utterly disappointing !!!

Reviewed October 10, 2011

Very Good generous quantities of food and friendly service

Reviewed September 15, 2011

Great food, great quanities, good value for the money but the service was slow.

1  Thank BarbLH
Reviewed September 13, 2011

When we were greeted at the door by a 10 year old, we should have realized that there was a problem! Service was horribly slow. I ordered the 1 piece halibut and was told some time later that they were out of fish. Another 5 minutes lost until she returned with the menu. 20 minutes later a different server walked by and asked if I had ordered. Shortly after my server apologized that she had forgotten that I hadn't ordered yet, even though she had walked by me several times when I had the menu. Service didn't improve thereafter. When my food arrived they had discovered they had found a piece of fish so they brought the fish and the steak that I had subsequently ordered. Fish was nicely prepared but steak was over cooked. My husband's meal was fine but he wanted coffee & pie to end his meal but our server walked by and dropped off our bill without asking if we wanted anything else. We decided to leave as we already been there 2 hours for a quite average meal. There are a number of restaurants in Osoyoos so try others if you value your time.

1  Thank BrendaSch