My adult daughter booked a '1 B/RM STE W QN BED 1 DBL BD' suite for our stay in Osoyoos. We need accommodation that allows us to sleep in seperate rooms, but still be together. Usually this makes our options very limited for our budget, but in this case we got very lucky. Usually my daughter has to sleep on a sofa bed in the sitting room, but our suite actually had two full bedrooms. One was an internal room with a glass block window into the dining area, so I guess that's why they call it a 1 bedroom, but for sleep quality it made a huge difference to us to have two full bedrooms with a real bed for each of us!
The website doesn't do this property any favours, the rooms online look like a retirement home, however we got such a great deal (under $100/night) that we figured we could put up with it for one night. The room has obviously been recently renovated however and had wallpapaper that looked like red silk, sparkling white duvets and huge fluffy pillows on the beds and 3 huge TVs including a flatscreen in the living room. All of the furnishings were very new and quite stylish.
The bathroom and fairly large kitchen had new granite countertops.
We were located on ground level, with a patio area at the front. This made our room very accessible to the outside parking, so we didn't use the huge underground parking lot. Our suite was directly in front of the parking ramp, so although that did mean we had lots of vehicles coming and going all the time, we also had a nice view of the lake with the bonus of the accessibility. With the patio doors closed we couldn't hear the traffic at all, and it was very busy. The sound insulation was really good.
The door to the beach at the back of the hotel was just a few steps from the door to our suite, so everything was very close by and the location on the strip between the two lakes in Osoyoos makes it feel like you are in a floating hotel, it's quite unique.
Although the suite appeared very clean for the most part, the bathtub had a layer of soap scum around the sides. It had obvously been wiped, but not scrubbed. The floor had been mopped, but they'd clearly done it with the door open and had missed the spot behind the door which was quite apparent with the door closed.
The kitchen was also mostly very clean but we found several dirty dishes in the cupboards. Make sure you check before using anything! The fridge was also also a bit annoying as it would roll out across the floor whenever you opened the door.
We found the room got a bit stuffy with the doors closed. We tried to put the A/C on but it didn't seem to do anything. Wasn't too much of a problem as it was only about 22 degrees outside, but maybe in the hottest part of the summer it might be an issue.
The TV reception was awful. They only have basic cable and about 5 of the 30 channels are unwatchable as they are really fuzzy. I mentioned this to the front desk and they immediately callled maintenance to come and check it. The maintenance man told me that the reception was normal though, and nothing could be done, which seemed strange as the front desk supervisor I spoke to didn't seem to be aware of the problem. They do have pay per view movies, but the selection was pretty poor and I wouldn't pay for a movie on a TV with such a bad picture. It was slightly better on the bedroom TV but not much.
Check out time is early at 10am, and they make a point of letting you know that late check outs are not available.
Overall we liked it so much that we stayed for a 2nd night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the Finest Lakeside Hotels in British Columbia Let us offer you a warm welcome to the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Osoyoos, located on Canada's warmest lake in the South Okanagan town of Osoyoos. With our prime location by one of the busiest Canada / US border crossings and at the junction of two major highways #3 & 97, this is the perfect spot for business travelers. With all of the traffic coming through, guests can take advantage of many business opportunities in town. This lakeside Holiday Inn has some of the best options for meeting venues, including two restaurants, boardroom, lounge and spacious patio. Located on a peninsula, our Holiday Inn Hotel offers views of Lake Osoyoos from every room. In keeping with the resort theme, we have our own private beach and marina, offering boat rentals (canoes, kayaks, ski boats and more), moorage, fuel and access to many water sports like parasailing. Nearby there are many world-class wineries, golf courses and plenty of good skiing. Leisure travelers will not be short of ideas for their exciting Osoyoos vacations. Our Osoyoos hotel's amenities include an indoor pool, Health & Fitness Centre with hot tub, business services and barbecue areas. With great lake views, our restaurants are rated among the best dining in the South Okanagan area. Whether in town on Osoyoos vacations or business trips, guests will find that the Holiday Inn has everything they are looking for and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Holiday inn Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel Osoyoos
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites
- Holiday Inn Osoyoos
- Osoyoos Holiday Inn