Holiday inn Hotel & Suites Osoyoos
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
All reviewsfourth floorboth sidesunderground parkingbit datedboat rentalsindoor poolbeach sidefridge and microwaveosoyoos lakefitness roomview of the lakenice sizewould stay againwe've stayedbeds were comfortableoff seasonliving room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 10, 2007

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Osoyoos for 2 nights mid June 2007. The young lady at the front desk (Michelle - sorry if spelling is wrong) was lovely. My reservation was ready upon arrival and without asking we were bumped to a suite. I was asked if I’d stayed there before and then given a description of the amenities. I was also asked if I’d like a late check-out. All the employees that we met were very pleasant, always made eye contact and said hello. The hotel is a bit shabby, not that there were any problems just little things. Our suite was huge with a nice sized kitchen full size fridge, micro wave, dishwasher (with soap) pots and pans, dishes and cutlery for four. A huge living room with a deck looking south over the lake. I noticed, and then confirmed, that all rooms had a small fridge and micro wave, I don’t understand why they don’t promote that in their literature, for me it is a big selling point. There is also a nice sized laundry room. The access to the lovely sandy beach is perfect, very accessible (ramps). In fact the whole complex was accessible (no stairs). The indoor pool was quite large and towels were available at the front desk. Did not try the restaurant. I would recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank tailes2
Reviewed June 16, 2007

We are very frustrated with this hotel. We stayed 2 summers in a row but had our reservations screwed up both times! We will definitely never stay there again. Both times we booked months in advance for a particular weekend, and both times we arrived and did not get the room we booked. This last year, we paid premium price for a so-called 2 bedroom suite. when we arrived, we were given a large bachelor style suite.. 3 connected rooms but no doors on the rooms, just archways connecting a living area with a pull-out couch and a room with a dumpy kitchenette in the old end of the building. We were travelling with our kids and wanted separate rooms for some privacy, but instead the kids had to sleep on the pull-out in basically the same room!! We obviously complained and they were blatantly rude, saying we got what we booked a 3 ROOM SUITE, meaning 3 separate rooms!!! It seemed like a total scam! There was no where else they could put us! And to top it all off, we were over the resaurant and the parking lot and it was pretty noisy.
Oh, they also told us that even if another room was available, the price had gone up since we had booked so we would be paying almost $80 more a night.
The manager was rude as well.
It was not a good weekend!

Stayed: July 2006
2  Thank TryTri
Reviewed October 10, 2006

this has to be one of the worst hotels we stayed at. looking at the reviews, it seems that it really depends on which building you are assigned. we stayed at the side building facing the parking lot. the walls are paper thin. doors are so old, the locks don't work. even the pillows and sheets were smelly, we had to ask to have them changed. the pool was dirty and had no towels. even when we asked the front desk for pool towels, they said they simply ran out. and the hotel charge as much as a luxury hotel in a big city. visitors to osoyoos are better off staying at many other cheaper and better managed hotels.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank skymonkey
Reviewed September 24, 2006

I stayed at this hotel in August for 2 weeks and my family occupied 2 rooms. Yes it was pricey but I thought well worth the money. We had a beach side condo on the first floor, literally steps from the lake and we managed to fit 6 of our family members into it. I thought it looked fairly new, was nicely furnished and the kitchen well equipped. The service was friendly and if we needed anything it was brought to our room within minutes and with a smile.
They also offered daily children's activities for 6 hrs/day that our children went to almost every day we were there. We used the kayaks from the marina but they had seadoo & boats as well.
I left feeling recharged and completely relaxed...I had a nice holiday here and would probably go back.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank 007Yanna
Reviewed September 20, 2006

Yikes, Holiday Inn needs to take their name off this place. The hotel rooms are in need of serious renovation. Old & Cheap. That's the feeling you get when you walk in the rooms. And these rooms are not cheap, especially considering there's about 10 hotels/motels/inns along the same beachfront that are offering much better rates.
We checked into this hotel & after seeing the room, immediately went back to the desk & advised them that we were not staying
We ended up staying at a place called Desert Surf which is about 3 hotels down. It was almost half the price & the rooms were nicer.
The only thing good about this hotel is its location right on the beach....but as I said earlier...there's about 10 other properties along the same stretch of beach.
They either need to renovate or bring there rates down to the $60 range