All reviews nice feature underground parking nice view of the lake bit dated indoor pool osoyoos lake north side fitness room beds were comfortable on site restaurant small fridge beach access living room long weekend full kitchen balcony summer
Selected filters
Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

Stayed there over August long weekend. Average to below average. Housekeeping during our stay was terrible. We happened to track some sand into room first day, never did get vacuumed up. There was 4 adults in room, and we never had 4 large towels in our room only 3. Hallways had a foul smell in them. Overall the hotel needs a major upgrading. Checking in and out was very good and parking was never a problem.

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Skinnya
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Osoyoos, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2017

Hello Skinnya,

Thanks for taking time to write your review about our hotel. It is regrettable that you found the hotel only at average best. Kindly accept our sincere apologies for falling short of your expectations regarding the smell along the hallways and our housekeeping service. Thank you for bringing this to our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

Kind Regards,

Dianne L.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed August 6, 2017 via mobile

Where to start ...nothing had been cleaned whatsoever in the room .. bugs everywhere in the room. Staying on a long weekend rate you would think service would be top notch, nope! Could not even get a set of wine glasses that weren't shot glasses, I mean, we are in wine country.
No patio chairs on their so called private beach because certain people come down early and "reserve" all the lounge chairs... not sure what we are paying for here?!
Not worth it at all. Don't waste your money. Drive 5 minutes down the road to stay at one of the villas who actually treat their customers like people not a number .

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Arran B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Osoyoos, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2017

Hi Drobyn4,

We are sorry that your stay was less than perfect. It is my assurance that this was not to our normal standards. I have made management aware, so thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

Again, we are very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay.

Arran B.

Reviewed August 5, 2017

We booked this hotel because I've always wanted to visit Osoyoos and I wanted a family place close to the lake. This fit the bill, a suite with separate rooms with a comfy queen bed each, complete bathrooms for each, no doors separating the rooms though, a small stocked kitchenette, everything was clean and worked. The table was only for two, and we spent our family of four dinner with mom and dad on the decorative chairs while our boys ate their suppers and brunches at the table. We brought our own paper towels and the rest. I did have to dust off all the side tables by the beds, that's 4 of them, as they had quite a lot of built up dust in the shelf built in over the drawers, aside from that it was clean. Our suite did not have a balcony which would have been nice, so we spent more time on the little beach area (a little rocky) instead, our kids really enjoyed the lake as it was very hot when we were there, there were floating for guest use but we could not figure out which ones they were and there was no one to ask. Our key cards kept on failing despite our many visits to the front desk to have them reset, in the end they gave use up to 3 new ones, luckily one of them worked whenever we needed to get into our rooms although both my husband and I had to visit the front desk at least 3 times each day, my guess is that the card reader in the door was dirty. The BBQ's worked well, I found it very hot in the sun whilst grilling, I brought an umbrella to sit under while cooking. The front desk was quick and efficient, I felt it was a little impersonable. One last thing, as the suites have kitchenettes, sometimes strong food odours would be present in the halls, it did not bother me, but my son did not like it lol.

Room tip: If you want a balcony, you should specify
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Hi Lornajun,

Thank you for your recent review. We are glad that you found your room comfortable and that you were able to enjoy some of our guest amenities. I'm sorry to hear that your door lock was being difficult. I have made our Maintenance department aware of the issue so thanks for bringing it to our attention. It's true Osoyoos is hot this time of year, but also very susceptible to fire. It is for that reason that unfortunately we cannot place sun umbrellas above our grilling area, but I will look at some alternatives for next season to make it more comfortable for the guests. Also thank you for pointing out the beach toys / floats were difficult to identify. This was a really helpful observation and we will be ordering branded materials for next season.

Again, thank you for your super helpful observations and comments. We really appreciate it. We hope to have you stay with us again!

Arran B.

Reviewed August 2, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here from July 30 to August 3rd. We had a 2 bedroom suite with full kitchen. With the BBQs outside, it was really great to make our own dinners with fresh vegetables and fruits, much cheaper than restaurants. The room was great but I don't know if it was just us, but the housekeeping was horrible. The first day, they came in the room, put new coffee cups and emptied the garbage. That's it. The 2nd day, the beds were made, but that's it. Even the face cloths we left in the tub remained in the tub. On the 3rd day, when we came back from a wine tour around 4pm, the room was still not made. We finally went to the front desk to complain and explain all of this before we headed to the beach. The clerk said that he would bring it up to the supervisor and have our room done immediately. When we got back to our room at 6pm, the beds were made and garbage emptied. That's it. No fresh towels, no vacuum (clearly), the bathroom sink was still dirty, they took the face cloths but didn't leave fresh ones... I don't get it. In 4 days, they never vacuumed the room. The peanut I dropped in the living room on the first night will still be there when we leave...!

We don't usually complain, we're easy going but this was just too much. Too bad because the site is really great but I don't have much good to say about customer service. The employees have this kind of "ya, whatever attitude". If you're not fussy on housecleaning, good place. We're heading out tomorrow but we would try somewhere else next time.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Safari318663
HIOsoyoos, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Osoyoos, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2017

HI There,
We are so glad that your enjoyed your suite and were able to use our free guest BBQ's during your stay. I'm sorry that your housekeeping services were not completed to satisfactory, and I have passed on your review information to our Housekeeping Supervisor. I have also passed on your comments to the Manager regarding the way our staff projected their customer service attributes. This is super important and we really appreciate you bringing it to our attention. We hope to have the pleasure of having you stay with us again next time you are in Osoyoos.

Arran

Reviewed July 29, 2017

I booked this hotel based on the reviews, location, and the beautiful photos. This may be "the best hotel in Osoyoos" but don't have high expectations once you see the motel strip. Needed a dog-friendly hotel, and was pleased that they allow dogs. Booked a suite with two bedrooms one bath for three people and a dog.

The pros:
-allowed dogs
-convenient location
-when a tip was left, we did get additional cups and towels
-pool was decent, hot tub old but appeared clean

The cons:

-This hotel claims to allow dogs. However, there were 6 signs saying "No Dogs and No Bikes in Rooms" in the elevator and all around the parkade. We were questioned constantly and once hassled by other guests about having our dog in the hotel. When we brought this up the the front desk the woman at the desk claimed not to know these signs existed....One is right in the elevator on the window. She also said they used to only allow dogs on the first floor...the signs say nothing about floors. I don't blame the guests for questioning us when it is literally at ever entry point to the hotel from the parkade.

-Dog room that we had was on the second floor which is a pain in the butt for taking pups out for pee breaks.

-Speaking of pee breaks,if you're bringing a dog you're not allowed in the waterfront side of the hotel with fido despite there being a lovely stretch of grass out to the water. They make an excuse that there's a "park" across the street. It's a nice walkway but has very little grass and is super busy due to the water being right there. On a side note MANY parks and beaches in Osoyoos DO NOT allow dogs, even on leash, between June-August. This was very annoying!! I realize it isn't the hotel's fault but it makes it difficult when traveling with a pup.

-Room was old, dated, and not particularly clean. On the second night one of the bedrooms was left with an unmade bed. Bathroom had a very musty smell and the deck was full of stains, probably due to it being a pet friendly room.

-Site advertised that the suite had a full kitchen. It does have full appliances however no mugs, 1 drinking glass, 6 wine glasses. Just a mishmosh of kitchen items. Not enough coffee or tea left for three people until we left a tip the first morning.

-The Restaurant. One word, terrible! We went for breakfast so can't speak to dinner. Ordered an omlette with all the veggies no mushrooms no meats (peppers, onion, tomato, cheese). I asked the server if there was a limit to choices, she said no. It came, with mushrooms, cheese was like a cheese whiz sauce and the colour looked as thought it was made in a microwave omelette maker...no colour, just oozy. It was supposed to come with potatoes and didn't. I was then charged extra for ordering 'all the veggies'. I said to our server that I asked if there was a limit to choices and she said there isn't but we charge for the veggies. She did reverse the charge when I complained.

My mom asked if they do half orders of Eggs Benedict, the server said they did, she ordered it cooked medium without ham. Arrived hard cooked with ham. Sent back, arrived the second time whites raw and running all over the plate. In the end we were charged for a full order as they charge full order even for a half serving. It was disgusting!! I would highly recommend breakfast elsewhere. I have a gut feeling that this is a re-heat restaurant, that it's not part of the dinner time restaurant.

I appreciated being able to take our dog but I will NEVER return to this hotel, and it makes me seriously question the integrity of the chain.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
HIOsoyoos, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Osoyoos, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2017

Hi TarynA,
We are sorry to hear there was so many issues with your stay with us. We have passed your comments to our dining room Manager to address these concerns and make it better for all of our guests.

We are a pet friendly hotel and thank for bringing the signage concerns to our attention. We will look at this immediately to remedy this. For the comfort of all of guests we do not allow dogs on our guest beach. However, we are directly across the street from a lake side promenade Pioneer walkway for excising and relieving your pets. Our front desk is more than happy to supply a map to one of Lake Osoyoos' many dog beaches where they can be off leash and go for a swim year round.

Regards,