“Best location in Osoyoos, kid friendly, great beach”

Holiday inn Hotel & Suites Osoyoos
Ranked #16 of 26 Hotels in Osoyoos
Reviewed August 1, 2009

The Holiday Inn chain is a reliable, if not top end, brand. This hotel meets the standards of a 3 star hotel trying for 4 stars. Service is generally good, the rooms are clean and updated, great beach access, and best location in Osoyoos. The hotel gets top marks for being kid friendly, but that inevitably leads to the constant pitter patter of feet running up and down the halls. If you are looking for a quiet place, not the hotel for you. A good solid choice for families wanting a lakeside vacation.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Craigeryvr

Reviewed July 13, 2009

Much of this review is based on the price of the hotel. I am one for value and this just isn't good value in my opinion. The front end staff were very accomodating and the room was clean relatively new. The main thing that bothered me was the cleanliness or lack thereof in the common areas. The halway floors hadn't been cleaned and the elevator had some kind of sticky liquid on the walls. There were tons of kids at the hotel and I just don't think the cleaning staff kept up with the mess. The beach in front of the hotel is quite small and is a bit rocky for smaller kids to walk around in. I also didn't particularly like having to go so far from your room to the beach. While this hotel is good value if you can get in under a $100 I wouldn't pay any more than that. When you are in Osoyoos there are plenty of places where the beach is just out your front door. I would go there before heading back to the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Hawkfan22
Reviewed February 6, 2009

I was in Osoyoos to attend the funeral of a friend.The family had arranged everyones accomodation at Holiday Inn and thus I had to book a room there as well. I looked up the price online and found them to be slightly on the high side. So I checked in not keeping my hopes high only to find things opposite to my perception.
Apparantly the building looks old and not well designed probably with mismatched carpets old furniture and different wallpapers but who cares if the rooms are very spacious and beds extremely comfortable!! I was surprised to see 4 different kind of pillows on the bed.. each of a different kind to suit everyones needs. Now thats some constructive thinking. I was unlucky not to get the room with the view of the beach and the lake as I asked for a room with king bed but the manager did show me the view from one of those room and the lake was fabulous even with all the ice.

I just cant wait to go back in summers!!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank king_shady
Reviewed October 24, 2008

The location of this hotel on the tip of the peninsular that almost bisects the lake is unbeatable.

The room we were initially allocated was unsuitable for wheelchair access with a few steps in the corridor. So instead we were given a huge one bed roomed suite in the centre of the hotel. We had booked using a Priority club Points Break so essentially a free night.

The weather was lovely and warm in late September a pleasant change after the rain in Washington state and it stayed nice for the rest of our time in Canada!

We enjoyed a nice dinner in the Sol restaurant overlooking the other arm of the lake since it was just across the hall from our room. Breakfast in the coffee shop was also good.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mymsman
Reviewed August 19, 2008

This hotel has an excellent location. Suites are nice and the beach can't be beat. The facility has a nice BBQ area and its own private island. Attached to the hotel is a marina where you can rent ski doos and speed boats.

The big problem with this property is the air conditioning does not work. At most, it will cool your room down by 5 degrees. If it is 100 degrees outside, your room will be 95 degrees. The hotel management seems to be well aware of this problem as they have lots of fans to give to guests. A fan in a desert is useless and just blows hot air on you. Management also has some portable air conditioner units on wheels, but of course, there is not enough to go around.

I will not stay here again unless I hear that they have fixed the air conditioning system.

The air conditioners at the Coast Hotel next door work very well.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank alanw2005
Reviewed August 18, 2008

For paying $212 a night we expected at least a decent lodging. The room although clean, was furnished in gross old 80's style stuff, things you would expect from a $40 a night roadside motel. There were holes in the wall, stains in the carpet and there was cobwebs in the plates I used from the 'kitchenette', so gross it stopped me from eating my dinner once I discovered it. The balcony had a table and chairs yes, just like they state. But cheap plastic things that were half eroded.
The front desk staff although pleasant, knew nothing and could not answer any of our questions and did not offer us any support. Just no sir or I don't know sir. The attached marina is very expensive, actually all of Osoyoos is. I don't mind spending money on decent lodging and food, but everything was way over priced for the quality.

Stayed: August 2008
2  Thank KimKCanada
Reviewed August 13, 2008

We stopped here only for one night while touring Okanagan. I was pleasantly surprised by the big size of the room (we had two queen beds). The location is one of the best in Osoyoos: hotel is right on the lake and the view is beautiful. The water entertainment deck and office (seadoo and etc.) is in the hotel building. It only takes about 10 min walk to the Main street where the restaurants are. Hotel has also few bbq grills that are available for use.

The only disappointment was the room we booked didn't have a balcony. There are only maybe 10 rooms in the whole hotel that don't have balconies - and the hotel site didn't specify what the booking was.

Marina M.