We stayed at the Holiday Inn Osoyoos for the first night of a long weekend in the Okanagan. Overall it was nice accommodations - nothing fancy and a good value. Would be happy to stay here again.
We were given room 335, which is tucked away at the back of a long hallway. The design suggests to us that it was part of a different hotel (Starlite Marina, perhaps?) that merged with the Holiday Inn at some point. There are two sets of stairs to get to 335 and its neighbours, so definitely not wheelchair friendly. Because the room was tucked away off an odd hallway, it was quiet overnight.
The room was a small suite, with a sitting area and small kitchenette in addition to the standard bed/bathroom. The best part about this room was the view - it had a window facing across the street to the southern part of the lake, and a balcony overlooking the northern part. It was a great way for us to get our bearings after arriving in Osoyoos.
The bed and bathroom were comfortable and clean. The television was a struggle to get on - the detailed remote control made it a bit of a pain. Our telephone didn't work, and when we mentioned it at the front desk, they told us "Well, with the white phones, you need to press "Line 1" to dial out." It would have been nice if the phone had that clearly written on it.
The hallway to our room smelled heavily of incense overnight. We weren't sure if there were long-term guests nearby, but it suggested that someone lived in one of the neighbouring units. The pool looked nice. The marina looked like fun, and although the lake was pretty, the beach right in front of the hotel didn't look ideal for swimming...it had a lot more seaweed than walking down the beach just a few hundred feet.
All in all, a decent enough stay. A few quirks, but a comfortable bed and great views more than made up for it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the Finest Lakeside Hotels in British Columbia Let us offer you a warm welcome to the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Osoyoos, located on Canada's warmest lake in the South Okanagan town of Osoyoos. With our prime location by one of the busiest Canada / US border crossings and at the junction of two major highways #3 & 97, this is the perfect spot for business travelers. With all of the traffic coming through, guests can take advantage of many business opportunities in town. This lakeside Holiday Inn has some of the best options for meeting venues, including restaurants, boardroom, lounge and spacious patio. Located on a peninsula, our Holiday Inn Hotel offers views of Lake Osoyoos from every room. In keeping with the resort theme, we have our own private beach and marina, offering boat rentals (canoes, kayaks, ski boats and more), moorage, fuel and access to many water sports like parasailing. Nearby there are many world-class wineries, golf courses and plenty of good skiing. Leisure travelers will not be short of ideas for their exciting Osoyoos vacations. Our Osoyoos hotel's amenities include an indoor pool, Health & Fitness Centre with hot tub, business services and barbecue areas. With great lake views, our restaurants are rated among the best dining in the South Okanagan area. Whether in town on Osoyoos vacations or business trips, guests will find that the Holiday Inn has everything they are looking for and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday inn Hotel & Suites Osoyoos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites
- Holiday Inn Hotel Osoyoos
- Holiday Inn Osoyoos
- Osoyoos Holiday Inn