“Enjoyable stay, great location. good for families”

Holiday inn Hotel & Suites Osoyoos
Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in Osoyoos
Vancouver, Canada
“Enjoyable stay, great location. good for families”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed in a 2bdrm suite with kitchen. Perfect for family with 2 teens. Hotel is a older and needs renovation but we only stayed one night. It is right on the beach. Good spot. Staff are very friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Osoyoos, Canada
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I have stayed in osoyoos for many years now and stayed at many holiday inn's but this place was the worst experience i have had in a hotel in years. got wrong room, shower was broken, the rudest and most unattentive clerks i have dealt with. checking in was terrible . talked with management and they were still unwilling to help out with fixing any issues, clerk was on the phone for over 10 mins while three customers are waiting, while waiting everyone talked about how terrible the service was here. I would suggest looking at their neighbours much better service on the strip.

Room Tip: book ahead
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank s s
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday inn Hotel & Suites Osoyoos, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Dear s s,

Thank you very much for writing a review of our hotel. I am delighted that you liked our location. Please accept my sincerest apology if your stay was negatively affected by the staff service received. I will follow up with the staff to ensure similar incidents could be avoided. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Case Manager

Travelers are raving about these Osoyoos hotels

Burnaby, Canada
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We booked the hotel with Air Miles, as we were told that the location was great and we thought that being Holiday Inn it would be a nice hotel. We stayed for three nights, the first week of September.

The hotel has a fantastic location, we checked in quickly, no problems. Most of the hotel rooms were being cleaned after the Summer rush, so there was carpet cleaning all around, which gave us the sense that the hotel was clean. The staff was corteous, but not really friendly.

The "private beach" was full of cigarrete butts, and a lot of stuff that seemed to be left there the previous weekend (forgotten sandals, man's bathing suit). The first evening we noticed there were a couple of cans of beer, which were there the following day. It seems that no one pays attention to the cleaning of the area.

We had a two queen bed room, facing the street. We were on the 4th floor, so we did not have lots of noise, but I think during Summer it could be very noisy. The room seemed to be clean, the beds and pillows were very comfortable. It was nice having a balcony, even though there was a lot of dust and spider webs on the walls, and have never been cleaned. The evening we arrived we were left only one bar of soap, (for the sink and the bathtub) so the following morning I left a note to the housekeeper, asking her to leave two bars. Our room wasn't cleaned until very late in the afternoon and we didn't get the soap. When we asked the claning girl she said they would bring it in half an hour. We decided to go to the pool, where there weren't any towels, until someone finally brought some. When we went to our room, no soap yet, and no answer from the housekeeper. Finally my husband went to the reception, where he got the soap. Do guest need to be tracking a bar of soap in a Holiday Inn hotel? I don't think so! And the hotel was basically empty so being too busy was not an excuse.

The following morning I discovered a lolypop stick on the floor, near to the edge of the bed. I left it there and when we came back in the evening, after the room was cleaned, it was still there! Do they really clean the rooms?

We expected the hotel to be in better shape, and to have a much better service. We won't stay there again.

Room Tip: Mountain view rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank VandM2008
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday inn Hotel & Suites Osoyoos, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear VandM2008,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a candid review. I am glad that you liked our location and had a good experience at check in. Please accept my sincerest apology if the housekeeping services received were not at par with your expectations. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention because we take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you again for your comments.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed September 6, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed there for two nights during the first week of August 2012. The hotel looks old, but the location was great. It was close to downtown and the beach.. We didn't have the reservation at that time, so we were given two choices: either standard room or the waterfront two bedroom suite with a balcony. The front desk agent was nice to us. She let us to see the rooms first before we made up our mind. I forgot her name, but I remember she was going to school for hotel management course.

We decided to stay at the two bedroom suite. The bed was modern looking and comfy. We are a couple that stay at the Fairmont a lot. We were quite impressed with the living room and the bedroom decor. I strongly recommend you to reserve a room with the balcony, the money is all worth it. At night, we can hear the water blasting from the lake, and the view is just breathtaking. It was the most enjoyable evenings (Drinking a glass of wine while looking out the mountain lake view)

We didn't use the kitchen much.. used the oven to heat up the pizza.. that's about it. We are planning to stay there again in Oct.

P.S. We went to the Coast hotel first, but they sold out the standard room with the lakefront view. The front desk agent gave us an impression that he didn't really care too much about selling rooms, so we simply just left.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stayed here for a weekend in August with my husband and our friends (another couple). We shared a room, and were pleased that there wasn't an additional charge for extra people. Our room turned out to be a suite which we were not expecting. Very spacious, and very clean. The only negative we found was that the phone didn't have a power cord. I let the front desk know as soon as we discovered this, but we never did receive the cord.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Smithers, BC Canada
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed with our two little ones in the family suite with the bunkbeds, first impressions were good, the kids liked the mural on the wall and the bunks. Second impression, pulled back the sheets on the beds, hair all through them, came back once and changed one bed, had to call back because they never changed the other two. The room was filthy with buildup on the bathtub, and dust and cobwebs everywhere. The main area of the hotel needs serious upgrades, and when I complained to the on duty manager, just received a blank stare, and whats worse we complained to the holiday inn chain and have never heard so much as a response back from them either.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rhonda L
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday inn Hotel & Suites Osoyoos, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Rhonda L,

Vancouver, BC
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have stayed at many holiday Inn's and by far this is the worst one.The hotel is outdated and the owners are cheap, no vouchers for restaurant discounts or anything. The rooms are comfortable, beds were good but the decor is outdated. On Sunday night at around 2am there were people fighting outside and the front desk really didn't seem to care. The food at the hotel restaurant was pretty good though. Overall not a bad stay but I wouldn't pay $180/night for this 2 star hotel, good thing I got a much cheaper rate. Next time i go to Osoyoos I will stay at the Coast hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday inn Hotel & Suites Osoyoos, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear claudiopuyssegur,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I’m sorry you received service (or quality) which was unacceptable. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Katie J