“Best place to stay in Osoyoos with a family,as the rooms are large modern and clean.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Sunrise Inn

BEST WESTERN PLUS Sunrise Inn
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Osoyoos
Castlegar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

We have always had a positive experience here, except for our most recent. I'm on my balcony witnessing a couple of guys doing drugs in their car below us "hard drugs" by the look of things I would suggest they were
hot boxing.
A call to the front desk was replied with I will check it out. From what I witnessed the employee on duty used the excuse of a walk about as her own personal smoke break, where she casually approached the individual's as if she was trying to give the a heads up warning about someone seeing them. She then had the nerve to call me saying that they were only smoking cigarettes, this I found wad a insult on my obvious observations.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BWSunriseInn, front desk associate at BEST WESTERN PLUS Sunrise Inn, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 250.495.4000.

sincerely the team at best western osoyoos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

Okay, while it really was not all that warm when I was there, but it usually is. I stay at this hotel whenever I have business in the area. It is a comfortable and well maintained property with great staff.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWSunriseInn, Front desk Associate at BEST WESTERN PLUS Sunrise Inn, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 250.495.4000.

From all the staff here at the best western
Kamloops, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

Wonderful hotel in a beautiful town! The room was comfortable, spacious, and beautifully decorated. The breakfast was great too. I spend a lot of time on the road for work and prefer to stay at a Best Western Plus because they are always of high quality.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWSunriseInn, front desk associate at BEST WESTERN PLUS Sunrise Inn, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for writing a review for our hotel and we are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. we all take pride here and are glad it shows!
from the team here
Vancouver
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

Passing through Osoyoos en route to Spokane from Vancouver, and decided to stay here in part because of positive Tripadvisor reviews. The property is certainly clean and up to date, and my interactions with staff were relatively warm and friendly. I can recommend this hotel for those making overnight business stays - but, frankly, I wouldn't want to stay here as a tourist. The room I got was small by Best Western standards, and it looked out on the back parking lot. There are hotels closer to downtown that have lovely views of the lake.

This wasn't exactly a value either: I paid as much for a night here as for a night at a four-star hotel in Spokane. All in all, nothing to write home about.

But the Quiznos attached to the hotel was convenient for dinner.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank pds209
BWSunriseInn, front desk associate at BEST WESTERN PLUS Sunrise Inn, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear Guest
We would like to thank you for writing a review for our hotel.
from the team here at best western
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

Right from our arrival, to the end of our 2 day visit, things were perfect. At check-in Derek had us ready to go in less than a minute! He was professional and courteous and a pleasure to deal with. The rooms are spacious, clean and modern, the location was ideal for us and the breakfast was a lot more extensive than we expected. We had a special rate through an online provider, so I can’t say what the regular prices are, but our deal made our stay an exceptional value. As an added bonus for families, the hotel is adjacent to the “Rattlesnake Canyon Theme park.”
As a final comment, and this might not mean much to some folks, we appreciate the fact that the hotel management supports World Vision charity.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest
we would like to thank you for writing a review for our hotel and we are happy to hear you enjoyed our stay with us.
from all of us here
Regina, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

Stayed 2 nights. The lobby looks great, the bed and linens quality provided a good sleep and the staff were personable and helpful except for the one night person who was more interested in whatever he was doing on his phone than acknowledging customers. But there were a number of disappointments. Not sure how this hotel rates the high level given to it by Best Western in October 2013 according to the sign prominently displayed at the front desk. The internet cut off on multiple occasions. Discarded food in the main garbage bin in our room had not been emptied. Having just crossed from the USA, I inadvertently provided a US dollar credit card at check in. Later the next afternoon asked that it be changed to my Canadian dollar credit card. Was told "not a problem" and was then specifically assured that all had been taken care of before I left the front desk. Never noticed at check out that my US dollar card was in fact charged for the room. I should have paid more attention. Much more disturbingly, a while later I discovered that my Canadian dollar credit card had also been charged. After several calls to the hotel I was told that not only had I been double charged but the charge to my Canadian dollar credit card was for a different room entirely. In any event, the hotel did promptly issue a refund. Not having the standard king room requested at check in, we were provided a Jacuzzi king room and led to believe it was at a special rate. Subsequently found out that was not really true. The breakfast room was junky. It had dissembled tables and leg assemblies stacked and scattered right in front of one breakfast counter. The toaster which was located on that counter worked very poorly. Our room had no desk. Lighting in the sitting area was very poor so we rotated the lights over the Jacuzzi to provide lighting although it was very bright and annoying. One of the lights also had some type of electrical defect so it had to be positioned just so or it would go off. Could have proved to be dangerous. The rooms are not very soundproof. We could clearly hear people moving around and showering in the room above ours. The bathroom fan was extremely noisy. In fact it rumbled. Dispensers in the tub/shower were awkward to use. A landscape person came along and proceeded to blow junk and dirt from the flower bed all over my white car. I was not impressed. The hallways were hot. Very odd. A light in the hall just outside our room flashed on and off continuously for 2 days. One would expect a hotel such as this one which is owned by a large corporation that among its holdings are a number of other hotels to do much better.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor. Even though there are barking dogs in the residential area behind the...