“I wish I could agree with all positive reviews, but I don't”

Watermark Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Osoyoos
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 31, 2010

As I told the Manager, I have never stayed in a hotel-- even a three star--with poorer housekeeping and front desk personnel. When I called to make the reservation, I spelled my name and asked for an email confirmation. No email --I called again and re-spelled my name and was told no problem. No email -- and when I arrived -- they still had my name wrong. The rooms are beautiful -- no complaints but the housekeeping was horrendous. They did not make the bed, clean the towels, clean the tub or the floors!!!! When I went to use the gym, no clean towels, all dirty towels and a filthy floor -- so much so that I called the manager to come and look. When I checked out I was told a different room price from what I was quoted on the phone. I asked for a bed and breakfast package and was quoted $189 -- the bill showed $200. When I asked why they told me they add the breakfast --which I said was ridiculous since a bed and breakfast package means just that --included in the price stated. It took three people at the front desk to straighten it out -- which they finally did but it was a just end to our stay. Suffice it to say I would have a hard time recommending this hotel to a friend. Your staffs need much better training and someone needs to actually make sure they can do the job they are assigned to. I have statyed at many many four and five star hotels -- and your stafff is certainly not up to snuff!

Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 23anita
PScanlon, Manager at Watermark Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2010

Thank you very much for your review. As we discussed in the Fitness Room on your departure day, you wanted to provide constructive feedback that will enable us to improve on certain shortfalls during your stay and I will certainly use this review in the way it was intended. Should you give us another opportunity I am sure you will have a more positive experience at Watermark.

Paul Scanlon

Write a ReviewReviews (1,495)

Reviewed May 25, 2010

We recently stayed at the Watermark for three nights. While we booked a (1) bedroom suite we were pleasantly surprised to find they had upgraded us to a (2) bedroom at cehck-in. Although there were only two of us it was a nice gesture. The staff was extremely freindly and helpful. Dinner in the restaurant was excellent. We do hope they plan on serving a full breakfast soon, having to go elsewhere was not ideal.

1  Thank BlackcatVancouver
PScanlon, Manager at Watermark Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2010

Thank you very much for your feedback, in particular about ou8r amazing staff. In regards to breakfast, we are upgrading our kitchen facilities to allow for a more comprehensive breakfast offering. This will be available the 1st week of June. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 25, 2010

I was here for the May Long weekend and Watermark totally did not fail me .
Even though I have read great reviews about this place prior to coming here, I didn’t expect that it would surpass my expectations.
The location of the place was already a bonus points, everything is walking distance.
Grocery, Liquor store, restaurant, downtown itself was a short walk
The beachfront resident townhouse was a Wow ! We are now looking into purchasing a unit.
It’s very clean , the appliances are top of the line.
The energy from the resort was very vibrant!

Even the Mayor (Stu) raves about the place when we met them while hanging out in our patio.
He stopped , asked us how we are enjoying Osoyoos and introduce himself!
Wow right ? Where else can you get that experience..
I left Osoyoos with a memorable May Long Weekend.. Thanks Watermark.
You definitely will see us back..

1  Thank StellaStyle

Very pleased to read that we exceeded your expectations and you had a fantastic time at the Resort. Also great that you met Mayor Wells, he is terrific and a huge supporter of Tourism in Osoyoos. Looking forward to welcoming you back, either as an Owner or a Guest.

Reviewed May 25, 2010

From the lovely front desk staff welcome , right down to the plush bath towels in your room and the Riedel glassware this is the best place to stay in Osoyoos. It is a beautiful new property, the rooms are lovely , spacious, the kitchen is well appointed with Royal Doulton china, the balconies have beautiful patio furniture. The staff are friendly and helpful . The pool and waterslide are awesome.The wine bar has a selection of local wines and small plates. 5 stars!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank kaypeaDeltaBc

Thank you very much for your comments, particularly about the staff here at Watermark. Hopefully you can return in the near future.

Reviewed May 20, 2010

This hotel had every amenity you could ever need. Cleanliness was impecable, staff were extremely friendly and the entire atmosphere was very relaxed.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lrunolarun99
PScanlon, Manager at Watermark Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2010

It is always great to read comments about our amazing staff. We are proud to have them on our team and the posative impact they have on our guests overall experience at Watermark. Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed May 20, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Watermark the weekend before the May long weekend. Though the town and the hotel were not busy at all it made our stay that much more memorable. We have always stayed in Kelowna but after staying in Osoyoos we will always stay here in our future trips out to the Okanagan. This hotel is conveniently located next to a great restaurant called Breeze and walking distance to a nice little deli called Dolci Deli...(make sure you have thier "black bread"). As well there is a Super value right next door to the Watermark which came in so handy as we bought our grocery the day after we got there and were able to bar BQ right out on the patio. ( Amazing BarBQ by the way) Everything to do with the Watermark Beach Resort was fantastic and would recommend this property to anyone thinking of getting away for a day / weekend / month whatever. We loved our stay and are anxtiosly counting down the days till we return.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank virgintrvlr

Thank you very much for your comments. I am happy that Osoyoos is now on your radar and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future for your next stay with us.

Reviewed May 17, 2010

We have visited Osoyoos many times over the years and always hoped someone would open a really first class hotel. Well it now has happened. The Watermark, right on the lake, is a lovely new hotel with beautifully appointed rooms, great service, and excellent food. If you are wanting to stay at the best hotel on Osoyoos, this is it. Prices are very reasonable.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
PScanlon, Manager at Watermark Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2010

Thank you for such a glowing review. Hopefully you can return soon when the heat arrives ... I think the pool deck will be just fabulous!