“Great Family Trip”

Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Osoyoos
Bend, Oregon
“Great Family Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

I have stayed at the Watermark several times for both business and pleasure. I keep coming back because of the people. The staff treat me like family and always remember my name. I stay in a hotel every week and very few stand out. The Watermark does stand out because of their attention to detail. I look forward to my next stay. Ted B

2 Thank Ted B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2011

On our trip to Canada, the Watermark was a very pleasant surprise. We absolutely loved it. The appartment was big (404) with a great balcony where we could sit and have dinner made in the very extensive kitchen. And of course enjoy the wine we had bought on our wine tours.

The location is great, just meters from the beach and the hotel also had a very nice pool area which our kid loved.

The hotel was also only a couple of hundred meters away from the super market and the best gelatto parlor I have seen in Canada.

We also loved the ammenties like dishwasher, washing machine/dryer, a large refrigirator with wine cooler.

Lastly our appartment had a DVD player with the option to rent movies for free at the reception.

I can highly recommend the Watermark to anyone who wants an upscale basis for their visit to the beautiful Okanagan valley.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank Donvegardo
Near San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2011

This is a modern suite hotel that is carefully planned and well laid out. The outdoor restaurant is set in a lovely garden overlooking Osoyoos Lake, where there is a great beach for swimming and playing with inflatables.

We had difficulty with the in-room washing machine, so the lady at the desk took fifty dollars off of our bill without our asking for anything.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Merebruin
Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

We stayed at the Watermark in late July based upon the recommendations from Tripadvisor reviews. It was wonderful!! We had a 2 bedroom suite with a beautiful view of the pool and lake. The room was very clean and felt luxurious after staying in hotel rooms up to that time in our travels. It was great to have a grocery store right next door and a beautiful private balcony with a dining table on it so we ate in rather than going out. My congratulations to the Watermark and Osoyoos for your beautiful waterfront that blends the private use of the hotel with the public walkway and beach area. We will visit again when we are out that way!

2 Thank caughlins
Surrey, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

The hotel is new and clean but it's not worth the price. Nothing that special to justify the cost. The cleaning ladies appeared to be young students that were friendly and came on a daily basis to replenish towels. Quiet at night. Nice kitchen with full size stove, fridge and microwave.....but no corkscrew!! Finally had the kids in bed, took out my wine, and no corkscrew to be found....I wasn't happy.

Then there was the pool issue.....

The swimming pool, with a slide, was a fair size but NEVER SUPERVISED. Some parents left their children at the pool for hours, unsupervised, and they were totally out of control. My husband and I twice had to ask kids to not walk up the slide as our kids were ready to come down. We weren't watchful enough (trying to relax and suntan for a bit) and our two girls came down the slide and hit 2 boys standing on the slide. A resort employee saw what happened and just walked back into the hotel. One daughter hurt her ankle and leg and the other hurt her arm. I advised another employee what happened and that someone was going to get seriously hurt. He said he would look into it but nobody came around and we kept our kids away from the slide for their safety until the unsupervised kids left....they weren't happy with us.

We stayed at the resort for 10 days and went to the pool everyday. On the 8th day of the trip, our 18 year old woke up with splotchy dry spots all over her face and upper body. By the evening, the younger 2 had multiple dry, scaly spots on their faces and bodies. The next morning my skin was unbelievably itchy and had dry spots everywhere. All of us had been in the pool a lot the last few days but had always had a shower and moisturized each night, without any problems. My husband was the only one that had stopped going in the pool and his skin was fine.

When we arrived at home the itchiness continued and we all figured that it was from the pool at the resort and that we should go to the doctor if it didn't go away that weekend. We thought that perhaps their was a problem with too much chemicals being put in the pool or something. I thought I would send an email to the hotel to see if perhaps they were aware if there was a chemical problem and if they could tell me if it was a salt water pool (we assumed it was) so that I could tell the doctor on Monday. Nobody bothered replying!! I was quite shocked. My email was not nasty at all and mostly enquiring about the salt or chlorine question. I figured we stayed there for 10 days, in a 2 bedroom suite, not cheap either, and you couldn't even bother replying. We were not impressed at all.

It's a nice clean hotel but really too expensive for just that.

5 Thank rose1942
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

We were very pleased with our recent stay at Watermark in beautiful sunny Osoyoos. At this time of year I would say that it is geared toward family stays, although as a couple we also enjoyed ourselves. The grassy area in front of the property and down to the beach is a lovely area to spend some time soaking in the sun and enjoying the view of the lake. The pool area is somewhat over run with kids so we avoided that. The restaurant was very nice as well with friendly service and decent food that focuses on barbeque. The cautionary thing about this resort is location. There wasn't lake view available when we booked and the 'mountain view' really means that you are facing the highway which is noisy. The windows do filter out most of the noise but having your window open or sitting on the balcony wasn't very pleasant. The rooms are well appointed, very clean and comfortable. But spring for the lake view, it's worth it.

Room Tip: Go for the lakeview and if you want a quieter area away from the pool and on an upper floor.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Latetripper
Maple Ridge, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

We stayed here for our summer vacation trip, we were most pleased with everything the resort had to offer. As we arrived the staff was very polite, friendly and helpful. The resort has the great view of the lake, It was very comfortable with modern appliances and beautiful interior designs. we really enjoyed staying here and we plan to comeback again. I will recomend this resort to anybody ..

1 Thank ramiahgirl