“right on the lake!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Osoyoos
Poplars Motel On The Lake
Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in Osoyoos
Auckland, New Zealand
“right on the lake!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

What a lovely place. We were upgraded to a room right next to the lake. The air con worked which was a real treat as it was 37 degrees outside! The motel has its own lakeside area and it is so beautiful. The rooms were tidy and had a kitchen with a stovetop and plenty of cooking utensils so would be good for a family. It was really quiet considering there were so many people there. They have nice outdoor areas with picnic tables to have you lunch on. The furnishing aren't super modern (i.e. the TV - but some people might not watch it anyway). They also have free wifi which is awesome. And the staff were really friendly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank susie j

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Thank you so much Cindy and Frank for the great accommodations. My second year there with family and its great. Stand up paddling, the beach, a liquor store , and BBQ grills right there. What more do you need? A nice walk to the funnest mini golf course to keep my title, and great restaurants nearby. Makes for a nice walk after you've at too much. Crack open a bottle of wine you purchased from the afternoon wine tasting tour and watch the sunset. Wake up in your cooled room and cook up some bacon and eggs and fresh blackberrys. Loved the vacation. Thanks again.

• Stayed August 2013
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Wow, what a fabulous time again. We stayed for 10 days in July. We are already booked for next year, the managers are awesome, helpful and cater to our individual needs. Very safe, clean and family orientated family resort. Many thanks again to the managers for giving us a wonderful holiday experience again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Poplars Motel is the perfect place to stay in Osoyoos !!! It has everything you need....right on the lake, amazing hosts, clean, economical and centrally located !!! I have stayed here several years and have recommend Poplars tofriends and family. Paul H (Arizona)

• Stayed August 2013
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

This was my first time staying at this particular motel in Osoyoos. My family vacations frequently there, so I've stayed in a number of places and had unfortunate experiences, forcing me to pick somewhere completely new. I am so glad I picked this place! First of all, the parking is readily available and the staff, including the owner, are incredibly courteous and welcoming. Then there's the spectacular view. There's a lovely lawn area with large picnic tables to fit families of all sizes and a private beach that the staff meticulously cleans. One of my favourite things about it are the giant poplars - absolutely gorgeous and they provide wonderful shade for those hot desert days. The rooms are quite sizable and absolutely affordable. They include a kitchenette with a full sized fridge and oven, quite handy for long stays. This is my first review - I have never been so motivated to write a review before but the stay was so wonderful that I can't help but recommend this place to everyone. You'll love the warm, welcoming atmosphere; it's perfect for anyone looking to relax or have fun.

Room Tip: I would recommend a room facing the lake. The view is breathtaking and there's a little more pri...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Staccato B
Port Moody, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

I spent every summer as a kid at the poplars and the memories were so great that we started going with our kids 7 years ago. It feels like visiting family every time we go. Frank and Cindy, the owners, are wonderful and welcoming. We love that we are right of the beach and the location is close to everything you need. I love the option of staying on the grass area in the shade and still being able to see the kids on sand and in lake right in front of me. There are lots of families with kids so our kids have buddies to play with too. This is a great place to build some lasting memories with your family.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

A group of girls and I have returned 3 times so far in the past year. It doesn't get better then being right on the water, having a private beach/floating dock for an affordable price. The hotel managers are super nice and quite active in talking to all the guests and being around the grounds. Will definitely stay again,

Room Tip: Bring your own blankets and sheets, they do provide them but the quality isn't great.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends