“Not Impressed!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Osoyoos
Village on the Lake
Ranked #10 of 11 Specialty Lodging in Osoyoos
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Although the condo itself was very nice the Condo was not clean. There were large stains it the carpets in both large bedrooms. The white bathroom towels had stains all over them. Some towels were so dirty they weren't even white anymore. There were bodily fluid stains on the white sheets in the Master bedroom (gross) and we had to wash every dish in the Condo before we could use them. I brought all this to the attention of the owner and he said his cleaner was out of town and that I should just be positive and enjoy my stay. :( I asked for my cleaning fee back because I had to purchase new bedsheets, towels, and kitchen cloths so I could enjoy my stay. Never heard from the owner again. You be the judge...
Property/Unit
#54849

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Barb G

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We are a family of 6, 2 children, their parents and us grandparents. We were in for the week of June 30th to July 7th, covering both National holidays, as Osoyoos is near the US border.The condo was scrupulously clean, a bottle of wine to welcome us after a long hot drive and pool outside the 5 meters from the door. This is closed at 10pm. Beds were comfortable, and deck provided extra living space. The children made friends very quickly and spent the week either in the lake or the pool.
The management were responsive to any requests we made and were strict about noise
I agree completely with arfyandsharon,s comments

Room Tip: ground floor rooms are ideal for children coming in and out of the pools. There is a lift to the 3rd...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Keep in mind we did not end up staying here, so I cannot comment on the property. We tried to book a stay here and the resort made it extremely difficult to do so. We are planning a trip in August and we wanted 2 rooms for 2 nights. According to the website, there is a two night minimum stay in August. We wanted our rooms to be near each other, so before booking we called the resort. No one answers the phone, and you're luck if they return your calls. My calls were never returned, but my friend's were. She was told there was actually a THREE night minimum stay requirement, despite what the website says. After leaving another message to discuss whether a two night stay was possible but still not having anyone return my call, we decided to book somewhere else with a modicum of customer service.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank l_startup
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Our family found our 3 bedroom condo very clean, with beautiful and wonderful kitchen: everything new and in good condition. Superb beds and bedding, stunning views of mountain and lake from balcony, and no noise problems whatsoever. Loved the hot tub, the pool (my one complaint is the grids at the bottom of the pool/hottub too I think, are very rough and scratchy. We had lounge chairs in our unit, and just used them, but in general a great place to take the family. Walking along the lake is ethereal, and we swam in the warm waters every day. It was heaven! The parking arrangements are very good, too and the huge barbecue was excellent.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank bobsharon1967
Reviewed September 6, 2011

The worst vacation "resort" I have ever stayed in.

We decided to stay a few miles away from Pendiction so we could get some peace & quite along with some good sleep. BOY were we wrong.

I am accusing the website of false advertising.

Gym doesn't count as a gym
Loud-lack of security to enforce quiet hours. Grounds/pool/neighboring units were extremely loud until past 1am
Dishwasher doesn't work
Fridge makes a loud noise
Lack of towels & the ones there were stained
Shower covers the floor in water
Bare essential kitchenwares
No chairs on the "sun" deck
Patio was filthy
More than 6 people in each neighboring units
Running noise coming from upstairs
Children in the pool & running around screaming without adult supervision all day & night

I would never recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank nicdking
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We have stayed here twice, same unit (found on Craigslist). He charges $1500 for a week in the summer, which is more than a hotel, but it is a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom townhome with 2 levels. Normally, the owners will not supply much, so I recommend bringing your own laundry detergent (etc), dish soap, toilet paper, paper towels, hair dryer & all toiletries (shampoo, soap etc.,). The units normally supply the towels. Checkout for most is 11:00 am and check in is 3pm - they usually are not flexible.

The small pool is a joke. The "deep end" (using that term very loosely) is 3.5 feet deep. I scraped my fresh pedicure off within the 1st minute. Ouch. There are a few smelly/stinky lounge chairs around the pool deck. The hot tub is fabulous. The washrooms at the pool are dirty, without a mirror and sometimes not stocked with toilet paper.

An owner told my husband that the developer ran out of money in the middle of the build, so there are areas that just seem a bit unfinished and lacking in a quality look.

The air conditioners in the 3 units we have been in are very loud and can drip. The vent in the master bedroom (townhouse) blows so loudly that it can prevent one from sleeping. Plus, it is so cold that you wake up shivering.

Will we stay there again? Probably. Do we love it?......meh....

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2011

The value we received for what we paid was simply not there. Everything was just okay. We spent the first 24 hours upon arrival collecting frying pans, knives, bowls and having the air-conditioner fixed (according to the repair person, it hasn't worked in since it opened 5 years ago). The phone was there but didn't work either so we needed to use our mobiles (with long distance charges adding up). The furniture and space of the condo was satisfactory and what we expected from the photos. We stayed in #103. Each condo has a different owner. We left the owners with some tips on how to improve, they are not that far off.
Also a note about owners direct for booking. You must not confuse this service with anything other than a listing and match making website. They do not know or care if you have any problems. It is not a reference to the place you are renting. Not worth the fees.

Room Tip: Each condo has different owners. Quality could vary. Ask for references.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family