“Like Chelan? Love Osoyoos!”

Walnut Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Osoyoos
Seattle, Washington
“Like Chelan? Love Osoyoos!”
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Just a quick stay, but the Walnut Beach Resort fit the bill nicely. A little disconcerting for our check-in to be handled by a such a young guy given the prices the resort commands. Expected greater professionalism. Lay-out of hotel is strange (walk up a flight of stairs to check-in) But room was nice. Kitchen, dining area would suit a family nicely, or couples who want a little privacy. Bathroom was a bit cramped --- not enough counter space for his and her stuff. View of lake & pool made up for that shortcoming. While the pool area was noisy, shutting the door to the deck completely, totally shut out the noise. Impressive! A bit far from the maddening crowds and restaurants, but maybe that's not a problem.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I just spent 5 days in the wonderful Walnut Beach Resort, for the second consecutive year, and had another excellent stay. The rooms are top notch, the view from the pool area is spectacular, the food and wine were awesome, and the staff was friendly, courteous, and always happy to help with any of our needs. Manager Don Brogan and the front desk staff were amazing as always. Overall, it was a fantastic stay- perfect for couples, groups, or teams who want to experience the very best of the South Okanagan experience.

Room Tip: They are all great.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Walnut Beach provides you everything you want in your stay in Osoyoos. It's location along the lake is as good as it gets with a pool facing the water and spa and gym facilities available for use 24/7. On top of it being a beautiful resort, Don Brogan and his staff are some of the best I've ever had in a stay at my hotel. Always friendly and always ready to give a hand. There was an evening where I had to switch rooms and I was out the whole day and when I had gotten back, the staff had already helped me pack and move all my stuff for me to my new room. For anyone planning on taking their vacation/getaway to Osoyoos, this is the place to stay!

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side face the lake
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We are touring British Columbia and Alberta. We stayed at this resort for two nights. I had a different impression of what a resort was but it seems to be a bit of a hotel with some self catering through in. Unfortunately, we just wanted a good hotel. Maybe one day Osoyoos will offer a good hotel.
The staff were friendly enough but they could do so much more with a bit more training. The reception area is inadequate and there is not enough space. The rooms are big enough, clean but we were next to reception and therefore we could hear most conversations.
I was disappointed with the restaurant. The choice of up scale BBQ was just not good enough. The wine was very expensive and not that good. Fortunately the waitress was a pleasant young lady. The chairs were not comfortable for eating. It is okay if you are relaxing but if you are having a meal you want to sit up straight. Most diners could have come straight from the swimming pool and therefore the atmosphere was wanting.
Nice location, great views but too expensive for what it is. I am still trying to sort out what you did for breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We booked a two bedroom as we were two couples travelling together. The Location was good and away from the busy main beach area, which we were happy about. Although the beach was very small, it was ok. The water was warm enough to swim in and for the most part, not too noisy. The noise came from the jet skis and motor boats using the harbour which was a little annoying at times but not a deterrent. The room itself was huge, clean and perfect for us. Even at a washer/dryer and fully serviced kitchen. We had quiet views of the water behind the hotel which was really great. The service on the other hand leaves much to be desired. I called three different times regarding room availability and got three totally different descriptions of the room we needed to book. I was first told the one bedroom with a den and pull out only had one bathroom. The second person told me the same thing. The third person I spoke to when I was ready to book told me that they all had 2 bathrooms. But by that time, I had to book the more expensive room because the den room was taken. Check in was slow as rooms are not ready until 4pm and check out is 10am next morning. Not impressed with the timing since you are paying between $350 and $500 per night for such a late check in time and they are booting you out at 10am. Big negative and they would not allow for late check out. Not impressed.

Wifi was a joke so don't stay here if you're on business and depend on it. It was hit and miss. We never ate at the hotel because of the prices so can't comment on food. There is a fantastic place in town called JoJos Cafe. Inexpensive, homemade breakfast in a comfy coffee house. Big thumbs up to that.

Although we had a good time because we were with friends, overall it was a good experience but this hotel would do better if they get their staff some professional white glove training.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rivergirl1
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Its a nice place with a great pool, situated on a wonderful lake, with magnificent views. We enjoyed our stay. But for $400 a night, I expected a bit more - i.e. air conditioning that didn't make weird noises, garbage cans big enough to hold a day's worth of garbage, coffee filters that actually fit the coffee machine, an adequate supply of lounge chairs at the pool and on the beach. I know my complaints are minor, but for what we paid I was expecting more. Maybe I'm just too picky . . .

Room Tip: Spend the extra $ for a lakefront view!!
Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Castlegar, Canada
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

This is our third stay and I think the best value for the location. I have styled both a Spirit Ridge and the WaterMark. Spirit ridge was nice but you really are no where near the water except for the pool. The Water mark from our experience was even thou newer was poorly maintained. My only negative comment would be that it needs the exterior decks refurbished and a bit of an spruce up in the common areas.

• Stayed July 2013